PDA

View Full Version : PSO DEPRIVED (EVERYONE READ PLEASE!!!!)

ZiGDoG
Mar 15, 2001, 07:29 PM
Hi everyone, I need everyone to read the following for it is very important to me and I want everyone ot be aware of this. The other day, I decided to go on PSO to see if my buddy was online. After finding out he wasn't online and no one I hung out with was on, I decided to just get off. Here is where my problems began. For some reason, even though I had the right memory card in the slot, the game could not be saved. After getting a little angry I decided I didn't really have anything that important to save and I wouldn't mind losing my items (monomates,Dimates stuff like that, I had no extra weapons unequipped in my inventory) so I just clicked exit without saving. Now, I turned off the DC that day, and the following day when I went on to play my game it gave me the following error message:
"This File can not be used to play the game."
After a while of trying to figure out what was going on (which I never did figure out what happened.) I got very angry, cursed a little, threw some stuff around, you know typical "I'm angry" stuff (hehe). After calming down I decided to create a new character (you can't stay mad at PSO that long it's just a great game. But wait, there more...). So I got my charactere all organized, gained some lvls and then decided to go online and find some friends to help me out, give me some money and stuff. Well after finally connecting (I dont use Sega.net so it takes a little time.) this message pops up that tells me my Serial number is already in use.
That pissed me off even more, so I cursed a little, threw some stuff around, cursed some more, and I was just in a really bad mood. FINALLY (yes it gets worse) after taking some advice from a friend, I called 1-800-USA-SEGA to get myself a new Serial number and Access code. So my mom called and We got this guy named Jessy or something (I think that was his middle name.). I told him my problem and told him what happened and guess what he told me. He told me to RETURN the game and get a NEW one.
How the hell am I supposed to do that with:
1) no receipt
2) The game is about two months old (I think)
3) It is used
4) It has no WORKING serial number or access key....
So my mom got on the phone again an told him that it wasn't possible and that I need a new serial number and acess key. "Jessy" tells my mother that it isn't possible and that SEGA can only provide an access key ONCE. (This has happened to me when I first got the game and someone who burned the game and was to cheap to go out and buy it got my serial # off some website and it was in use...). So guess what ppl, my mom cursed the SEGA representative out on the phone (which makes matters worse) and told him to get his supervisor on the phone. "Jessy" told her that they would call back in 24 hours and for the time being I am PSO deprived, and I may be PSO deprived for a long time. All because of a VMU glitch...sucks dont it. Please reply and help me out if you can, cuz this really blows.

Blackheart
Mar 15, 2001, 07:51 PM
umm....ouch

PowerSlave
Mar 15, 2001, 07:53 PM
Hey zigdog, while I did not have the same problem as you, I believe what helped me could possibly help you. I m not sure if you read any of my posts, but my DC broke, so i figured that I was going to have to start a new char. I found out yesterday that sega can keep you existing acess key and simply wipe out you DC serial number connected to to it on the servers so that you will be able to sign on again, as well as keep your VMU file.
The only number on your VMU file are the game's serial and access key, not the DC serial. The DC serial is stored on the servers.

Call sega and ask them about this option, as it was just released to the support staff yesterday.

Hope this helps,