PDA

View Full Version : Crappy Xbox no wavy things

HouseOfPancakes
Jun 30, 2003, 11:08 PM
ok does anyone know why the xbox version doesnt have those cool wavy looking graphics like the cube version has u know like where the telepipes look all wavy and the wavy stuff that comes of the ruby bullet and stuff

dropslash
Jun 30, 2003, 11:34 PM
Hmm, oh yeah, that's easy. It's because the Cube is awesome and Xbox is the shaft. Ha!

Actually, given the XBox's raw power, i'm quite surprised to learn this.

HouseOfPancakes
Jun 30, 2003, 11:39 PM
yeah I was kinda disappointed

AppieDPC
Jul 1, 2003, 10:04 AM
On 2003-06-30 21:39, HouseOfPancakes wrote:
yeah I was kinda disappointed

i'm amazed (always thought that xbox version was slightly graphics wise tweaked ngc version.
Quess i was wrong)

AndyPandy
Jul 1, 2003, 10:21 AM
Im not a fan boy as Ive got both versions, but..

XBOX has superior sound, superior graphics; including, slightly sharper textures, plus it has shadows that the Gamecube version doesnt have, plus on Sil Dragon the Northern lights now move again like they did on the Dreamcast. The reason why the XBOX doesnt have the special effect on the telepipe is because its an effect only available with the Gamecube video card, but as we all know, the XBOX has far superior graphics capabilities. This argument is well documented, but the bottom line is the XBOX version is superior in every way, the only thing it lacks to the Gamecube version is the Gameboy Advance mini games.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AndyPandy on 2003-07-01 08:28 ]</font>

echo-2003
Jul 1, 2003, 11:55 AM
On 2003-07-01 08:21, AndyPandy wrote:

XBOX has superior sound, superior graphics; including, slightly sharper textures, plus it has shadows that the Gamecube version doesnt have, plus on Sil Dragon the Northern lights now move again like they did on the Dreamcast. The reason why the XBOX doesnt have the special effect on the telepipe is because its an effect only available with the Gamecube video card, but as we all know, the XBOX has far superior graphics capabilities. This argument is well documented, but the bottom line is the XBOX version is superior in every way, the only thing it lacks to the Gamecube version is the Gameboy Advance mini games.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AndyPandy on 2003-07-01 08:28 ]</font>

I disagree. the xbox may have an edge in power but not to the degree your exagerating(sp?) too. I can't tell any difference in them.

Ruined
Jul 1, 2003, 01:01 PM
The reason why the XBOX doesnt have the special effect on the telepipe is because its an effect only available with the Gamecube video card

Not exactly, the XBOX video card could easily replicate such an effect. The problem is that it would cost time and money in order to recode the effect for XBOX, something that Sonic Team and SEGA don't have. It's the same reason both the XBOX and GC versions barely look better than the DC version - has nothing to do with the hardware, just that Sonic Team and SEGA doesn't have the cash to reprogram the game.

As for XBOX vs. Gamecube, XBOX is a much more powerful machine in terms of Video, Audio, and CPU processing abilities. PSO obviously does not reflect this, simply because Sonic Team didn't enhance the game for XBOX's 'power' in any way whatsoever.

AndyPandy
Jul 1, 2003, 05:15 PM
On 2003-07-01 09:55, echo-2003 wrote:

On 2003-07-01 08:21, AndyPandy wrote:

I disagree. the xbox may have an edge in power but not to the degree your exagerating(sp?) too. I can't tell any difference in them.

I aint exagerating, Im just saying that if you were to do a head to head with Gamecube and XBOX version of PSO, the XBOX would come out top in terms of Sound, Graphics, and user options.

Davion
Jul 1, 2003, 05:22 PM
Better in every way is way too exaggerated. Do you see any Al rappy units floating around on the GC? I know what you're saying though, and I do think that the Xbox has better graphics for the most part.

Bit
Jul 1, 2003, 06:09 PM
Besides, In my opinion, Graphics aren't what make games good in the first place. Hell, there are far superior super nintendo games then some of the PS2 games. Ex: Final Fantasy 3. Crono Trigger.

Logical2u
Jul 1, 2003, 06:27 PM
On 2003-06-30 21:34, dropslash wrote:
Hmm, oh yeah, that's easy. It's because the Cube is awesome and Xbox is the shaft. Ha!

Actually, given the XBox's raw power, i'm quite surprised to learn this.

YA GO GAMECUBE! TELL MR. GATES TO STICK TO PERSONAL COMPUTERS!

AxemPunanny
Jul 2, 2003, 01:08 AM
Plain and simple, regardless of the arguments, Sonic Team really didn't seem to put enough time into converting the game onto Xbox. They could've easily tweaked it, and added new things to the game, but they didn't. Safe to say, they kinda rushed the game out. I remember reading an article (don't remember where) where it was said Sonic Team didn't have the time to fix the HL problem (either lowering it or taking it out) due to deadlines. They were trying to get the game out as soon as they can on Xbox. There also a few other elements they missed adding or fixing due to time restraints. Oh well. just our luck.

All I could say is, they messed up here, but next time, GET IT RIGHT.

AndyPandy
Jul 2, 2003, 04:28 AM
On 2003-07-01 15:22, Davion wrote:
Better in every way is way too exaggerated. Do you see any Al rappy units floating around on the GC? I know what you're saying though, and I do think that the Xbox has better graphics for the most part.

I said that in a head to head from a technical standpoint the XBOX version is better than Gamecube. Do you honestly think that Al Rappy slots wont appear in the Gamecube version in the future. Its only a matter of time. I concure that at the moment the Gamecube version has a better playing environment, and I would rather play on my Gamecube than my XBOX at the moment.

Night_Star
Jul 2, 2003, 04:43 AM
the only thing that i think might be different between gamecube and xbox is the loading times.
now i personally think that gamecubes loading time is pretty quick, but i havent played xbox, so i cant compair

Ryu_4
Jul 2, 2003, 03:07 PM
so what happens when your hard drive in your box gets fried then youu will be getting a gamecube cuz it doesnt have one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

X BOX SUCKS