PDA

View Full Version : God bless Ebay (Not another post about PSO items being sold

Captain_Dude
Jul 1, 2003, 04:20 AM
Heehee, a friend and I had gotten in an argument about weather it was really true that some people have tried to sell drugs on Ebay. I assured him that I've seen bags of marijuana, and even several hundred kilos of cocaine going on Ebay, but he refused to believe me. So I got to searching, and still am.
Whilst searching for "Cocaine" I stumbled accross this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2936943069&category=1468) lovely item. Gotta love books like these. I still remember seeing books like this at my school's library. Heh.

It's reassuring that people are publishing books like this, and then other people steal them from libraries and sell them on Ebay. And it's even more wonderful that their kind enough to take out the checkout card holder thingy. Heh...

Now, back to browsing Ebay for drugs.(I honestly do not care how that came out.)

Captain_Dude
Jul 1, 2003, 04:26 AM
More drug-related zaniness (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3615106483&category=395)

EDIT: I hate the DEA even more now. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Captain_Dude on 2003-07-01 02:28 ]</font>

Ness
Jul 1, 2003, 11:47 AM
I think drugs should be legal.

*waits for someone to yell at him about being immoral

Davion
Jul 1, 2003, 12:10 PM
On 2003-07-01 09:47, Ness wrote:
I think drugs should be legal.

*waits for someone to yell at him about being immoral

*Yells at Ness for being immoral

Do you really think that? Why?

Ness
Jul 1, 2003, 01:54 PM
On 2003-07-01 10:10, Davion wrote:

Yes I do. I think that if someone is not hurting anyone but themselves than they should be aloowed to do it. It someone wants to put heroin or drain cleaner into thier veins I think they should be allowed to do so.

geewj
Jul 1, 2003, 02:00 PM
On 2003-07-01 11:54, Ness wrote:

Yes I do. I think that if someone is not hurting anyone but themselves than they should be aloowed to do it. It someone wants to put heroin or drain cleaner into thier veins I think they should be allowed to do so.

Ya, cause im sure other people are never effected when people take drugs. People wait at home patiently for the UPS guy to bring them thier package. And if it's late or doesn't show up then they calmly write a letter of complaint and send it to thier senator.

[edit: english is fun!]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Prof_Frink on 2003-07-01 12:01 ]</font>

Guntz348
Jul 1, 2003, 02:07 PM
The only thing that I could really see being legal is pot. Really it's safer then alcohol, from just about everyones side. Most of the cops I know even say the same thing. Never once have I seen someone stoned get violent or belligerent. The worst thing they do is laugh at your cat or eat all the chips in the house.

Jehosaphaty
Jul 1, 2003, 02:42 PM
but wat happens if they hurt someone other than themselves. isnt that why its illegal in the first place? eh either way, if thats ur thing then why not i guess haha, or watever floats ur boat.

Ness
Jul 1, 2003, 03:15 PM
On 2003-07-01 12:42, Jehosaphaty wrote:
but wat happens if they hurt someone other than themselves. isnt that why its illegal in the first place? eh either way, if thats ur thing then why not i guess haha, or watever floats ur boat.

Then we could punish them. Just like we punish people for driving drunk.

Auronius
Jul 1, 2003, 03:21 PM
On 2003-07-01 13:15, Ness wrote:

On 2003-07-01 12:42, Jehosaphaty wrote:

Then we could punish them. Just like we punish people for driving drunk.

That's great for the families of the people that get hurt.

Davion
Jul 1, 2003, 04:02 PM
Drugs impair your reasoning and judgment. Personally, I think alcohol should be illegal too. You can always say that "I can do it if it doesn't hurt anyone else" but what about when you're high or drunk and you can't make decisions like that? You can hurt others.

You don't have ANY right to put people around you in danger. It's just not logical to suggest that you can load your body on crap and then think that you won't hurt anyone when you can't control yourself.

s.TiNgEr
Jul 1, 2003, 06:57 PM

I agree 100%

If someone wants to hurt themselves, then they could go ahead and do it. But then there will be more drug dealing and that crap

Reenee
Jul 1, 2003, 07:31 PM
This still doesn't top the time some book author tried to sell his own family.

Or when somebody tried to sell Native American remains.

raiden999
Jul 2, 2003, 12:23 AM
On 2003-07-01 12:07, Guntz348 wrote:
The only thing that I could really see being legal is pot. Really it's safer then alcohol, from just about everyones side. Most of the cops I know even say the same thing. Never once have I seen someone stoned get violent or belligerent. The worst thing they do is laugh at your cat or eat all the chips in the house.

That's true!!! My friend will sit there and laugh himself almost to death at nothing, but it sure as hell is funny

Delsaber
Jul 2, 2003, 02:37 AM
On 2003-07-01 12:00, Prof_Frink wrote:

Ya, cause im sure other people are never effected when people take drugs. People wait at home patiently for the UPS guy to bring them thier package. And if it's late or doesn't show up then they calmly write a letter of complaint and send it to thier senator.

Your joking about the drups not effecting other people, right?

Delsaber
Jul 2, 2003, 02:44 AM
My thoughts on Marijuana:

The Government should sell Marijuana, or have some company to do that. Why?

1. Increase cash flow for Government programs
2. It might lower the amount of drug dealers since it could be legally bought from government organizations. This marijuana would also be clean, not tampered with. A lot of government money is spent on find drug dealers... This way would bring in money and put dealers out of business, maybe.

I don't know, just a thought...

EDIT: Also include heavy restrictions on usage. That might help with drug-related accidents. Why not legalize government-controlled marijuana. Drunk driving kills more than drugs would ever kill. Prohibition, damnit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Delsaber on 2003-07-02 00:47 ]</font>

Captain_Dude
Jul 2, 2003, 03:24 AM
I'm all for the legalization of Marijuana, for alot of the reasons mentioned in this post.(And others which I am also too lazy to type)

But I'll just say that...

Ness
Jul 2, 2003, 06:50 AM
On 2003-07-01 16:57, Stinger08 wrote:

I agree 100%

If someone wants to hurt themselves, then they could go ahead and do it. But then there will be more drug dealing and that crap

No there won't. If we make durgs leagal they can go into Walgreens and buy some pot at $3.29 a pack. That would ruin the drug dealers and all the money we are wasting on keeping drugs out of the US can be used on something more important.

To Davion:

Then if they do hurt other people then we can punish them for it, but as of now they are being punished for hurting themselves.

Also do you remeber the prohibition laws and Al Capone (sp?) back in the early twentieth century. That's reason we relegalized alcohol. Do you want that to happen again on top of all the drug dealing problems we have now?

Also Davion, by you logic, smoking should be illegal because second hand smokes can cause cancer too.

BrokenHope
Jul 2, 2003, 08:17 AM
On 2003-07-02 04:50, Ness wrote:

On 2003-07-01 16:57, Stinger08 wrote:

I agree 100%

No there won't. If we make durgs leagal they can go into Walgreens and buy some pot at $3.29 a pack. That would ruin the drug dealers and all the money we are wasting on keeping drugs out of the US can be used on something more important.

To Davion:

Then if they do hurt other people then we can punish them for it, but as of now they are being punished for hurting themselves.

Also do you remeber the prohibition laws and Al Capone (sp?) back in the early twentieth century. That's reason we relegalized alcohol. Do you want that to happen again on top of all the drug dealing problems we have now?

Also Davion, by you logic, smoking should be illegal because second hand smokes can cause cancer too.

Yes but cigarettes and alcohol are legal because the government make money off them through tax, at least they do here in England, I'm assuming the US is somewhat similar, correct me if I'm wrong.

geewj
Jul 2, 2003, 09:08 AM
On 2003-07-02 00:37, Delsaber wrote:

On 2003-07-01 12:00, Prof_Frink wrote:

Your joking about the drups not effecting other people, right?

Very much so.

brillyfresh
Jul 4, 2003, 12:27 PM
On 2003-07-02 00:44, Delsaber wrote:
My thoughts on Marijuana:

The Government should sell Marijuana, or have some company to do that. Why?

1. Increase cash flow for Government programs
2. It might lower the amount of drug dealers since it could be legally bought from government organizations. This marijuana would also be clean, not tampered with. A lot of government money is spent on find drug dealers... This way would bring in money and put dealers out of business, maybe.

I don't know, just a thought...

EDIT: Also include heavy restrictions on usage. That might help with drug-related accidents. Why not legalize government-controlled marijuana. Drunk driving kills more than drugs would ever kill. Prohibition, damnit.

hehehe ... what do you think the DEA does with confiscated drugs?

my theory is that they redistribute those drugs back into the public, so they can bust more people over and over, seizing both drugs and drug money ... at a price tag of thousands of dollars for a couple of kilos of anything, that means a lot of money that the DEA makes on recirculating .... wouldn't that be a good business to get into?

Marijuana has more reason to be legalized than alcohol ... alcohol kills waay more people than pot, and no one can say that they know someone who overdosed on marijuana

and one of the main reasons marijuana is illegal in the first place is because of the anti-marijuana propaganda DuPont put out in the 1920s ... back then, the hemp industry threatened to put DuPont out of business, because hemp is simply a better textile than any other natural textile, and DuPont's propaganda was accepted as truth, which ultimately led to the prohibition of marijuana in 1937