PDA

View Full Version : PSO...

Cross_Vincent
Jul 1, 2003, 09:11 AM
Ok, first off I will say hello...

Hi, my name is Cross(nickname lol) and Im a game designer(MMO). Im here to discuss PSO with some of the people I think might know it best, so here goes.

First off, I wanna say PSO is a great game mostly. There is only one thing that really bothers me and I will get to that in a second. The gameplay is great, simple yet addictive(I think thats whay kept me there so long) but the story http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif... It's the same thing everytime. I just can't play a game to "level", I need my character(s) to be part of something and that requires a story. I am working on a game that will take care of my small problem though.

It's called Dust Frontier, it's an MMORPG (PC) with gameplay similar to PSO but with a larger player max in the game world and an ongoing story. It will still have bosses and areas to reach them and there is plenty to do besides level up. and having a strong character wont help you when it comes to solving puzzles to get through areas( you can do them all yourself right now) Now you might say thats not fair cause only one player will be killing all the bosses, I dont think one player will have it so good they can but it might happen. New players will be able to fight the bosses in a simulator at the same level as the original but no items will be dropped, Exp is still gained though and you can only fight them once. Well, the game is still in early(very early) dev, I just wanted some PSO players opinions on it since its up your alley in style.