PDA

View Full Version : [b]Telepipe Trick [/b]: Am I doing something wrong?

TheAlmightyNewbie
Jul 1, 2003, 06:56 PM
ive been piping in a room with a poufilly (sp.) slime, looking for a red one. so far ive split it into 6 slimes each time and havent gotten a single red slime. ive used about 7 telepipes... how much longer should I have to do it before i get a red slime?

Stalfos333
Jul 1, 2003, 07:01 PM
Lemme put it this way, it can still take hours to find a rare enemy even with the TP trick. It also has to be offline, and if ANY of the slimes die you may not get your item.

Davion
Jul 1, 2003, 07:03 PM
You might want to know that if a red slime apears if your spliting them, you have to kill the red one first. I think that's the only way you could get the item.

Stalfos333
Jul 1, 2003, 07:11 PM
No, that's not right. You can kill any of them first if you do get a red slime to appear, BUT if you've killed any of the slimes or let them kill themselves in ANY pipe before a red slime appears, you'll end up not getting items from that point onward.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Jul 1, 2003, 07:17 PM
On 2003-07-01 17:11, Stalfos333 wrote:
No, that's not right. You can kill any of them first if you do get a red slime to appear, BUT if you've killed any of the slimes or let them kill themselves in ANY pipe before a red slime appears, you'll end up not getting items from that point onward.

hmmmm... i think i remember seeing an item get dropped, but my ice techniques are doing low 2 digit damage, so i doubt i could have killed any of them... if you do kill one and pipe back, can you split the original into 6 again, or only 5?

Stalfos333
Jul 1, 2003, 07:21 PM
They still split, they just cease to drop items from that point onward.

Logical2u
Jul 1, 2003, 07:21 PM
And just out of curiousity, how long does it usually take to make a normal monster into a rare one?

Nai_Calus
Jul 1, 2003, 07:32 PM
It's completely random, just like the chances of getting the rare monster's drop. I've gotten a Hildetorr within 3 pipes, for example. I've also piped for 8 hours straight without one. As another example, during my Agito hunt, I one pipe a Pal Rappy and had another drop down on the next wave, no piping. Tehnically had two Pals at once, herh. No Agito from either, though. So yeah, there's no 'time'. Although PINKAL Pals, for example, seem to average one per 30 minutes, and REDRIA Pouilly Slimes seem to take me around an hour and a half on average.

Blue-Hawk
Jul 2, 2003, 12:47 PM
On 2003-07-01 17:17, TheAlmightyNewbie wrote:

On 2003-07-01 17:11, Stalfos333 wrote:

hmmmm... i think i remember seeing an item get dropped, but my ice techniques are doing low 2 digit damage, so i doubt i could have killed any of them... if you do kill one and pipe back, can you split the original into 6 again, or only 5?

you can only split them into 4. no more.