PDA

View Full Version : Heaven Punishment!

Blaze
Mar 15, 2001, 09:42 PM
I recently recieved a heaven punishment in trade. I have been using it and haven't been able to use the special attack. I wanted to know how to use the special attack and how you know when you can use it. Thanks!

Josh
Mar 15, 2001, 09:50 PM
It depends on what time it is in beats. Press start and look at the bottom right of your screen and you'll see the time in beats. If the first number is even (or maybe odd, dont remember), then you can use the special.

pcmorris
Mar 15, 2001, 09:57 PM
As I seem to recall reading somewhere:

Heaven's Punishment's Special is dictated by the beat time. The first number in the beat time must be an even number (0 - 2 - 4 - 6 - 8". Until the first number changes to an odd number, you have free reign over using it's special to it's fullest.

Not exactly sure about it, since I haven't held one to toy around with, but that's just what I've heard.

forte
Mar 16, 2001, 04:22 AM
Don't do it! The gun (and spread needle) are evil hehe http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

beany
Mar 19, 2001, 10:57 PM
Hi, well i got one from some hunter who couldn't use it, (i can only hope that it isn't duped), but it adds a whole new level to damage. As far as i can figure it mine works like 100 beats after i start and lasts for 100 beats. I was able to go online at vhard(since i am only on hard offline) started with a friend in the forest and we ran through all the levels and my weapon gave out in the big room prior to the boss.(what timing) i would go in (being a ranger, i am use to using my meteor smash to get pts) and pick the monsters hit special and watch the damage fall on them! then i would use the hard attack to take them out. At one point my friend was getting nailed and i was in the center of a large room and being attacked by 3 desablers, 4-5 claw things (the single ones) and i was takin some damage..i got away, ran to a corner turned and faced them and hit the special like 2-4 times...took them right out. It can save the day! My sons are both hunters and talk trash all the time, (rangers are not the best and this being the best weapon, makes them the only worthwhile)
(sorry but its true)are envious(?)(u know) anyway, maybe each one is different. I was looking for a spead but in the mean time, this helps the pain.
PS: to the guy who gave this to me, thanks.
BEANY (RANGER)

beany
Mar 20, 2001, 04:35 PM
okay i tried it last nite, any time with a even number including zero. mine lasts for 100 beats.(works well in all areas except for the ruins, works well there but not as good as the other areas.) but with a high attack it more than makes up for it.
laterz

Rio
Mar 20, 2001, 06:48 PM
<blockquote>
Iiiiiinteresting.

That 100 Beats timing is what's listed in the original writeup on the weapon. Could it be that the hallmark of a *true* Heaven's Punishment is the 100 beat timing?
</blockquote>

Blaze
Mar 20, 2001, 07:15 PM
the even beat thing works. It is definatley the way for divine punishment to work!

Blaze
Mar 20, 2001, 07:16 PM
the even beat thing works. It is definatley the way for divine punishment to work!

Blaze
Mar 20, 2001, 07:17 PM

beany
Mar 20, 2001, 10:29 PM
man being a ranger is a good thing! I wonder if its possible to have a not true punisher?
Anyone else have one? laterz

beany
Mar 20, 2001, 10:34 PM
man being a ranger is a good thing! I wonder if its possible to have a not true punisher?

beany
Mar 20, 2001, 10:34 PM

Blaze
Mar 20, 2001, 10:51 PM
LOL! ooops! i didnt mean to send the reply so many times!

beany
Mar 21, 2001, 12:34 AM
SAME HERE. SORRY!
But i do love it!

beany
Mar 21, 2001, 06:07 PM
If you are a ranger, you have to find one of these. and while i still need/want a spead needle, this more than makes up for not having one yet. I went online last night and another guy with a spread was with me. well we would go in both of us hit the monsters once back off and let the other take a few hit on them, i would go in use my hard attack and finish them off. Sometimes the magic user got into trouble i would just hit special, special, special and take out the monsters..man i needed this!
laterz

beany
Mar 22, 2001, 11:53 PM
GOTTA BUMP, I just love this gun.
laterz

VULCAN
Mar 23, 2001, 02:10 AM
What they said...

Nokturne
Mar 23, 2001, 04:37 AM
Heaven Punish"ER" and Spread Needles are the devil. Its considered rude by many to use them online (stealing experience, and basically stealing the fun right out of the game) , so be considerate is all i ask.

BTW, some jap told me H.P. was part of a downloadable quest that hasn't been released yet... that true, thus everyone's is hacked? Or is he/she just a crack addict...

TwiNCannoN
Mar 23, 2001, 04:51 AM
Considering the moment it was "discovered" everyone and their uncle now has one (sound familiar? thought so), I wouldn't doubt most if not all being hacks/dupes/whatever..

beany
Mar 23, 2001, 05:04 AM
Hmmmm, so Nokturne, am i to presume that all shot types are devils? just curious. shots also take/give damage to all target (within an area) and therefore steal exp. I can what you are saying but if used responsible, it can be like having a high level spell, that targets all.

Sheogorath
Mar 23, 2001, 05:37 AM
Well Twin, my brother, as I've told you on ICQ, I have a motto:

If you didn't find it, you didn't earn it.

99% of the "Ultra rares" are nothing more then dupes. I mean, come on. 290 hours and I found one Inferno Bazooka, yet I see people getting weapons as soon as PSO World uncovers them? Multiple weapons? A level 50 Hunter with a lavis, sonic knuckles, Spread needle and Heaven punishment?

It it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck.....

We do 300 damage to enemies in ruins with our photon efficient high %'s Meteor Smashs and Crush bullets...heh..

beany
Mar 23, 2001, 02:52 PM
Yea, i agree. with sheo (?)(above message)...but a gift is a gift. and while it may have been a hacked item, (which as far as i can still tell it wasn't)(hope), it was nice of the guy to give it to me. now if he had like 10 of them...that would have been dif. thats why i like playing with 90 + lvl people. they find things that they no longer care for and once they have all the cool stuff, they are like,"want?" anyway, i have been asked by others if they can borrow my punisher. like #1 i would trust them and 2 like i want to see my beautiful killing machine become popular! as far as i can tell i can do some pretty good damage,(depending on where i am at, mine,forest etc etc..) it only lastes for 100 beats but that mean offline i got get in and get out! (its really cool in a unlite room, and i don't always bring it out when i first start, i tend to wait. and i always carry 3 scape dolls..hate to die and have someone snag it!
i think if you have something powerful, you just have to use it wisely. i know having a shot type weapon may be considered unfair, but considering that it may be the one advantage to being a ranger, might as well use it.
(until the punisher, i thought time to start a new character, hunter, human...hmmmm nevermind that!
laterz

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: beany on 2001-03-23 12:02 ]</font>