PDA

View Full Version : A question

JGaff
Jul 1, 2003, 08:01 PM
Ok... I made Ultimate today... I want that rare called "Chain Sawd". My brother is a RAmar Skyly. We don't have online.

With all that said... My question to all of you.

"Can I get Chain Sawd off the Vulmer's if he hosts the game and I tag along to assist?"

Answer yes or no and explain why with logic and reasoning. Pretend it's an essay question on your PSO exam (Well... just write away.. right away.)

~JGaff~

Nani-chan
Jul 1, 2003, 08:04 PM
I'm unsure since I've never offline multiplayer..

Online it would be yes,. The game's ID would be the Skly's. So I believe it's true offline too.

Davion
Jul 1, 2003, 08:05 PM
It is true offline.

VioletSkye
Jul 1, 2003, 11:52 PM
Player 1's section ID is the one the game uses.

Night_Star
Jul 2, 2003, 04:47 AM
you should be able to find it
although, im skyly with two of my ultimate characters
and i havent found one yet http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

JGaff
Jul 2, 2003, 06:42 AM
Ok, thank you for the replys. I will work hard to get him to ultimate, and then I will have to play the caves until my head explodes. If your views clash with the ones posted here, then I suggest you make a post.

~JGaff~

Logical2u
Jul 2, 2003, 08:25 AM
Offline IDS work the same as Online IDs. IE: First player gets his rares. Second player gets first player rares,

Electron
Jul 2, 2003, 01:45 PM
I don't know how it is for online play but for offline it's like this:
The rare drop from an enemy is based on the section ID of the player that kills the enemy (deals the killing blow). So if you want a Chain Sawd, let your brother kill all the Vulmers http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Zelgadis
Jul 2, 2003, 03:26 PM
Ah no. I was playing through v.hard ep 2 when I found the twin psycho guns. My friend who happens to be Redria killed the enemy and it dropped the rare. Of course I was right there as he ran off to slay more monsters so I picked it up. It was registered under my section ID. Yellowboze

JGaff
Jul 2, 2003, 04:16 PM
I find it hard to stomach that you could deal the killing blow and get the rare for your section ID. I got a double saber off a Nano Dragon while adventuring in the V-Hard caves. Last time I checked, my section ID (Bluefull) got a Vjaya that way. Therefore, I am inclined to go with the theory that he must host. What's for certain though is fact that I need to level up. Keep posting your thoughts.

~JGaff~

JGaff
Jul 3, 2003, 09:43 AM
Seeing as there isn't an option to Bump the post up, I'll have to revive this myself becuase it has fallen to page 2. We, (My brother and I) got another load of his rares this morning. I am killing the enemies and getting Flowen's Sword, but no partisans or canes. Any more thoughts?

*Forgive me for double posting*

~JGaff~~

excecutor
Jul 3, 2003, 02:09 PM
ok the first player sets the section ID for finding rares. none of that crap "whoever kills it gets the item for there ID". i have a skyly hunewearl that has yeilded me 5 chain sawds (no red sword, daggers, or slicer http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif ) and yes ive played with my freinds whittil and he has killed vulmers and has found a chain sawd. dont worry about finding one, there not that rare. give it about 5 addicting food runs and ull get a nice skyly caves rare. also, offline multi has a nice enemy count so ull have some nice rares in no time. even if u have bad luck remember that persistence pays off so just keep looking!

LoZDude985
Jul 3, 2003, 02:17 PM
i have found 2 chainsawds with my Skyly RAmar... i gave the better one to my HUnewearl and that is the weapon she used up until Ultimate where it is WAY too slow...

now im on a search for god/battle with my Redria RAmarl which i spent 4 days getting her from lv 13 to 47 and got her into ultimate... now all i have to do is unlock forest of sorrow and start the search...

*sigh*