PDA

View Full Version : Good name for a FOmarl?

Dark_shocker
Jul 1, 2003, 11:11 PM
I plan on starting a FOmarl cuz they look awesome. I am horrible at coming up with names, so maybe someone will help me..>_> <_<..any ideas?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dark_shocker on 2003-07-01 21:11 ]</font>

Genkaku_McDohl
Jul 1, 2003, 11:20 PM
I too have trouble at coming up with names. but as a word of avice, think of your favoirte, ummm lets say, cartoon character or video game character (thats what I did). and use the sec.id calc to try to get a Pinkal name, best for forces. and try spaces in you name too. I once did Elyna, but i kinda didnt like it.
hope it helps

Jett
Jul 2, 2003, 12:54 AM
Sarumon,Dark Mage,THE FORCE,Psycho Mantis,
The Ancient one,Dark One,Hades,Black Ghost.
Thats all I could think of now.

Stalfos333
Jul 2, 2003, 01:17 AM
A name with every other letter a vowel sound and ending in a or ia tends to be girlish. In truth, most letters will work, but a is a distinctly feminine letter.
Auronia
Arama
Lanara
Lazalia
Magindy
etc.
Getting your ID of choice is up to your own creativity, and you can be pretty sure nobody else has your name. Plus, you don't have lame looking symbols around your name or numbers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Stalfos333 on 2003-07-01 23:23 ]</font>

Dark_shocker
Jul 3, 2003, 02:45 AM
ok guys, thanks for your help. havent really chosen one yet.

*kicks back up to the top*

Neverwinter
Jul 3, 2003, 03:43 AM
Ooo ooo ooo use Zelda, then u get Redria. I've done it!

rena-ko
Jul 3, 2003, 06:18 AM
hm... you're not creative you say?

best thing is, you make a fomarl, and fiddle around in the characters creation screen for a while - go through all the hairstyles and clothes - decide which basic colour she should have, which hair style, which face, which hair colour, which body size.

then you maybe stumble over a design you like and maybe even a name.

take a girlfriends name, or play around with syllables until you have something more fantasy sounding...
try a babyname-book or these fantasy-name-randomizers (i forgot the link, sorry). try foreign languages, myths, stories... possibilities are vast and infinite.

at least try to be creative and in any case try to be unique, i'd say - you'll have more fun playing with her that way.

anyway, good luck.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-07-03 04:19 ]</font>

DuoEpitafhMaxwell
Jul 3, 2003, 10:47 AM
"Sarah", is a good name, (pinkal too)

CGoodness
Jul 3, 2003, 12:56 PM
Lola is Skyly same name I use (I don't play online, though, so ther wouldn't be duplicates.)

Sophmoric
Jul 3, 2003, 02:11 PM
Like others said.. Pick something original and not cliched. http://www.namenerds.com/uucn/ has an OK name generator.

fury02
Jul 3, 2003, 04:56 PM
the name Dark Falz is a pinkal...though i made that and everybody online was makin fun of it. =(

jspacemunkey
Jul 3, 2003, 10:39 PM
i named my fomarl burningnala. all of my characters (well, the ones i play with at any rate) have names that begin with "burning" 'cause that's part of my gt. i just use the section id calc guides, pick an id i want, and then work out the name from there with my math skills. burningnala works out to be a whitill, which was the id i wanted for my fomarl. my other characters are named similarly. burningxom is oran, burningnomad is purplenum. just in case you want to work it that way. in other games i typically name my characters after characters in my screeplays and short fiction. just thought i'd toss that out in case it spurs an idea for you.

jc

Dark_shocker
Jul 3, 2003, 11:43 PM
On 2003-07-03 12:11, Sophmoric wrote:
Like others said.. Pick something original and not cliched. http://www.namenerds.com/uucn/ has an OK name generator.

Yeah, been making it make up names and its made up some pretty good ones, thanks for the link.

Smile
Jul 4, 2003, 12:01 AM
Whats the name of that npc in the offline quest who eats too many monomates, and you have to help her lose weight? Alicia or something...

CGoodness
Jul 4, 2003, 11:52 PM
Her name is Cecil im pretty sure.