PDA

View Full Version : Surgery in two hours

Ness
Jul 2, 2003, 06:52 AM
I'm going to get my wisdom teeth removed so it may be a couple of days before I return (recover time).

So keep the place clean and don't tear up PSO World too much while I'm gone. But if you do, leave some for me.

Atax
Jul 2, 2003, 08:58 AM
Is the surgey compulsary (ie the teeth are causing problems), or are you getting them taken out as a just-in-case?

Duder_Cooter
Jul 2, 2003, 10:04 AM
You'll love the drugs they give you for the pain. At least I did.

LamerPanda
Jul 2, 2003, 10:52 AM
Hah, I have to get my wisdom teeth out soon, as well as some normal teeth because they're overcrowded. o_o Then I have to get braces, so I'm going to be living off painkillers and ice cream for a while, I suppose.

I'll probably drag myself over to the computer anyway, I did that when I twisted my ankle and when I broke my toe. O_o;

Vanango
Jul 2, 2003, 12:02 PM
Good luck with that, since we're talking about wisdom teeth, when I got mine out the nurse drugged me up and had me talking about my summer plans. I was trying to get out that I was going to San Diego, then San Francisco, Bangkok THailand and finally parts of CHina, and I had explained this to so many people but getting those words out was so difficult. I just remember slowly saying "San... uhh, Diego... and... San.. uh, San... uh, San Fran... CISCO, and uhh, Bang... uhh, Baaaaaaaaang... Bang... KOK! KOK!" *zonk* and then I was out.

I woke up quite confused and my friend drove me home as I pressed frozen peas on my cheeks. When I got home apparently I passed out again on the floor b/c I woke up right by the front door with a puddle of blood and drool on the tiles. I made my way to the couch and passed out again.

I had so many pain killers... my suggestion? Don't go to a graduation party on pain killers, it'll confuse the hell out of you.

pixelate
Jul 2, 2003, 01:25 PM
After the painkillers they give you post surgery, you'll never come back. Yummm...

BrokenHope
Jul 2, 2003, 01:53 PM
On 2003-07-02 06:58, Atax wrote:
Is the surgey compulsary (ie the teeth are causing problems), or are you getting them taken out as a just-in-case?

I think it's common to have them out in America if you actually need to due to complications or not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Broken Hope on 2003-07-03 03:08 ]</font>

Saladwood
Jul 2, 2003, 02:10 PM
whatever i got my teeth pulled, took 10 mintes to do 4 wisdom teeth... with no recovery time. Worst thing that happened is that I couldn't drive because i took pain killers. And even then I just needed to take them for a day or two.

ABDUR101
Jul 2, 2003, 03:35 PM
...almost makes me want to get mine pulled for shits and giggles...and the paid vacation from work.

..damn..thats an idea.

RuneLateralus
Jul 2, 2003, 03:47 PM
I remember when I had surgery in my mouth.

I was tripping the whole day. Just sat and watched TV. The next day really sucked...and I mean really.

Deathscythealpha
Jul 2, 2003, 04:21 PM
Good luck with the surgery. Im lucky that no wisdom teeth have grown through for me, i really hate the idea of being drugged and knocked out. I would have to swallow my gold fillings first before going in there (woo, Simpsons reference).

ginko990
Jul 2, 2003, 06:20 PM
Happy Surgery. Mail me some painkillers Ill give you free rares!!

Slicer238
Jul 2, 2003, 06:35 PM
Only oen of my wisdom teeth is growing in, its odd. I'm hoping that I will nto have to get it pulled cause me and dentists are not great friends. My old dentist is the reason I had to ge ta root canal.

hucasts_rock
Jul 2, 2003, 11:19 PM
oh crap, I have to get my wisdom teeth taken out too...them growing in deteriorated half of a molar...the dentist said a possible root canal too...I love my life =)

MasterJoel
Jul 3, 2003, 03:46 AM
i got 4 wisdom teeth pulled at once... what fun... the drugs make it all worthwhile. they knocked you out for removal of teeth? i was awake =D. anyhow, i seem to be growing a mysterious fifth wisdom tooth, so i will have to have it removed too fairly soon. afterward, i had a dairy queen shake, and it was supposed to be strawberry flavored, but it tasted like blood. have fun!

oh yeah, i hate how they put so much gauze in your mouth that when combined with the swelling, you look like a chipmunk. oh well...

rena-ko
Jul 3, 2003, 06:01 AM
hm... makes me wonder...
both my upper wisdom teeth broke through the gum by now, they seem pretty intact - no splinters and not rotten...
the lower both are yet inside the gum...

well i think i'll go and see a dentist soon ^-^; just to be on the save side...

Atax
Jul 3, 2003, 06:14 AM
Had to have a heap of baby teeth that refused to come out by themselves pulled out when I was younger, wasn't a very nice experience.

Was horrid when I was given the pain killers, as they were administered via needle into the gums and the roof of my mouth. I'll never forget the experience of feeling the needle scrape against my teeth, inside my gums. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif

Captain_Dude
Jul 3, 2003, 06:57 AM
If you order my book on home surgery, you'll learn how to perform many basic operations in the privacy of your own home! My book covers Vasectomies, Hysterectomies, Wisdom Tooth Removal, Appendix Removal, and much much more!

Need that Gall Stone removed but don't trust a doctor to do it for you? Do it yourself in 6 easy to follow steps. Have Cancer? My book covers most differentr types of cancer! Need an amputation done? I can teach you to amputate your own appendages with nothing more than an average household kitchen knife and a box of kleenex!

Order now and I'll throw in my guide How to make your own pain killers(Not legal in the following states: Idaho, Ohio, California, Conneticut, Tennessee, and Iowa). Learn to make your own opiates! Dull the pain of surgery, or your dull and painful life!

But wait, I'll also throw in a pair of extra-strength, used by the professionals, super-classy surgery tongs! You'll never want to open your wounds without a pair of these ever again!

If you dont believe my guide to self-surgery can help you, just listen to these testamonials!

"I swear, when I heard the doctor say 'We're gonna have to take the whole leg.' I was worried. But thanks to your book, I was able to cut off my own foot and save my entire shin. Thanx Captain Dude."
-'Stumpy' McGee

"My doctor kept telling me it was physically impossibly for one to perform laser eye surgery on one's self. But thanks to your book I was able to fix my astigmatism, AND shave my eyebrows. Sure, I may no longer be able to cry without ocular bleeding, but it was worth it."
-I can see!

"This piece of... amazing... book is the reason one of my patients lost his... interest in... coming to me. I... recommend this product."
-A doctor

You too can join these happy people in the wonderful world of self-surgery! Call now! Only $34.99 (with $6.99 shipping and handling).

To order this book just pick up the phone and call 1-800-CUT-SELF. It's not hard, just pick up the phone and in 3 to 6 months you can get to cutting.

EDIT: And good luck in surgery! Let's hope they don't mistake'y f'r the guy getting a vasectomy! Snip Snip. Heh heh heh. (Only kidding... They don't give vasectomies at the dentist anyway... And if they do, I hope to god that they wash their hands afterwards!)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Captain_Dude on 2003-07-03 05:00 ]</font>

Reenee
Jul 3, 2003, 10:32 AM
This is why:

A. Eat as little candy as possible from the age of 5 to your current age. I did. I'm just not into candy.
B. Drink a lot of soda. I did. At age 13, to my first ever visit to a dentist, they found no cavities.

I had to go to the dentist for braces. Ness, you're lucky. I coulda looked weird because I had two permanents growing in seperate baby teeth. =B

Pain killers?! What the hell are you talking about? I was dizzy recovering from my second removal, I threw up air.

Ness
Jul 3, 2003, 10:54 AM
I had to get mine removed because my mouth was too small and they were overcrowding my teeth. I have stitches in my gums now.

s.TiNgEr
Jul 3, 2003, 11:26 AM
Mine havent grown in yet, so i dont need to wory http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

LamerPanda
Jul 3, 2003, 11:33 AM
On 2003-07-03 08:32, Shapiro wrote:
A. Eat as little candy as possible from the age of 5 to your current age. I did. I'm just not into candy.
B. Drink a lot of soda. I did. At age 13, to my first ever visit to a dentist, they found no cavities.

o_O Bah, I didn't get a cavity until I was 15, despite the fact that I live off candy. Unless the soda negated it?

I think the cavity was more from the fact that some of my teeth are overlapping because there's not enough room for all of them and I can't really brush those ones well. o_o It was just a minor cavity anyway.

SubstanceD
Jul 3, 2003, 01:21 PM
WTF!

Why have so many perople had thier teeth pulled. I used to suck my thumb and did so for many many years and as a result my bite is all messed up, yet despite this imperfection I have never ever had a single cavity in my entire life and I have never ever had a tooth pulled ( except for baby teeth which refused to fall out of course ). To futher cinfuse matters I drink about 2 litres of coke a day and I am also a big fan of coffee, yet everytime I go to the dentist they say my teeth are in perfect condition. So what did I miss here, why have so many other people had to get teeth pulled ( I can think of two guys from my job who have had multiple teeth pulled in the last 12 months ).

Ness
Jul 3, 2003, 01:56 PM
97% of all people need to get their wisdom teeth removed.

SubstanceD
Jul 3, 2003, 02:55 PM
Oh...

So even if I take perfect care of my choppers there is a chance that somewhere down the road I will have to have my wisdom teeth removed. Are you safe from this if you are 23 years old or loder or can it happen at anytime?

By the way Ness, I hope all went well with your dental surgery and I hope you aren't in too much pain ( I presume you had the surgery by the time of this post ).

Dangerous55
Jul 3, 2003, 03:13 PM
On 2003-07-03 11:56, Ness wrote:

Uh, I dont know about that...

muff
Jul 3, 2003, 04:51 PM

Yeah, well 87% of people don't listen to BS statistics http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Captain_Dude
Jul 4, 2003, 01:33 AM
On 2003-07-03 14:51, Cubis wrote:

Yeah, well 87% of people don't listen to BS statistics http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Well soon it can be everybody if you buy my book!

googles
Jul 4, 2003, 02:23 AM
i got 2 baby teeth pulled. i can remember hearing the cracking while getting the tooth out. I also had a root canal.. it wasn't as bad as everyone was saying. The part i hated most was getting the shot in my mouth so it would numb. Now i gota shiny crown on the side of my mouth http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: googles on 2003-07-04 00:23 ]</font>

Ness
Jul 4, 2003, 07:59 AM
On 2003-07-03 14:51, Cubis wrote:

It's true. MY surgeon told me so. Back in the earlier day when people lost teeth there was engough room for them, but now most people don't have room for them.

Also, my jaws have started to swell, but other than that I'm pretty good.

Atax
Jul 4, 2003, 10:35 AM
Just as a curio did you have a dentist, or an oral surgeon remove the wisdom teeth?