PDA

View Full Version : GC: Look at what I found!

Logical2u
Jul 2, 2003, 10:34 AM
I was playing Hard Caves and Mines today with my Redria Ramar. The first Evil Shark I killed dropped a Photon Drop (Whoo). Then about halfway through Caves 1, I blew up a box and got a Amplifier of Resta. Then about halfway through Caves 3 I got a Varista from a evil Shark.

So I though all this was pretty cool and stuff. So I deposited all this. Then I went to Caves 1, and there I found a Red Barrier.

Freakin Awesome right? Well I checked the databases. No one has found a amplifier of resta or a red barrier in those places on this difficulty! But the items finding sumbission form is broken bad. Anyone else find this things there?

Genkaku_McDohl
Jul 2, 2003, 10:47 AM
varista at caves/mines? i thought the earliest was ruins.

Logical2u
Jul 2, 2003, 10:48 AM
Yes, Varista in Hard Caves. I got my first Varista in Hard Mines from a box

Blue-Hawk
Jul 2, 2003, 12:37 PM
my first varista in this version was in the hard forest... a long time ago.

Logical2u
Jul 2, 2003, 01:14 PM
Has anyone else found an Amplifier of Resta or a Red Barrier on Hard?

Dillon
Jul 2, 2003, 01:18 PM
First off. I've found varistas on hard in the caves before, from a Poison Lilly.

Second, Red Barrier. Box, normal mode, Ep. II, Jungle. That red barrier is now a Refoie Merge, since I went back through mines on normal looking for mags and found an Amplifier of Rafoie. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

NeiLast
Jul 2, 2003, 01:20 PM
I only found a Varista in hard caves... from one of the shark types in cave 2. At the time I had crap for weapons and it was my primary weapon until VolOpt (hard) dropped the photon launcher, which just rocks at that point in the game. Especially on bosses and delsabers.

But as redria its nice to get all of the add slots and units.

Electron
Jul 2, 2003, 01:20 PM
The Amplifiers and Barriers are from my experience totally random. You can find them from any box at any difficulty. Even normal http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

InajaD
Jul 2, 2003, 02:10 PM
Yes... i've found a red barrier in normal from a box..!! long time ago.. that was the only time... i've been looking for another one, since then, and haven't been lucky..
And the varistas are EVERYWHERE..!!!!! Can't get rid of them..!!
Good luck..!

Crusha
Jul 2, 2003, 02:16 PM
Wow wierd i find Varistas like crazy in hard mode in forest. If i were to count up how many Varistas i have collected it would be in the 20's

Egga_jr
Jul 2, 2003, 02:45 PM
How use I photon drop?

MasterOfBlades
Jul 2, 2003, 02:57 PM
i was in cave 3 and found a amp of resta

Logical2u
Jul 3, 2003, 08:37 AM
The item findings sumbision form is messed up, but it says only Viridia finds red barriers on VHard.

rena-ko
Jul 3, 2003, 08:59 AM
On 2003-07-02 12:45, Egga_jr wrote:
How use I photon drop?

as far as i know:

go online, load up gallons shop quest.
then take some photondrops out of the bank, walk past the hospital down the slide towards the planet-window, then turn around where the telepipes usually are when you set one and you should see Hopkins the FOnewm standing under the hospital. talk to him, he'll get you to his dad, Paganini. and this guy changes photondrops into other nice things...

for example (there is more stuff):
1 drop = 1 add slot
17 drops = beryll photon
90-99 drops = 1 sphere

when you first load east tower, and ask hopkins there before you pipe down and solve the quest, then you will be able to add special attacks to online-s-rank-weapons with photon drops in gallons shop.

B-category special: 30 drops
A-category special: 40 drops
S-category special: 50 drops

when you first load west tower after you did east tower, and ask hopkins there before you pipe down, and get info from a computer panel in seabed, then solve the quest, you'll be allowed to add percentages (in all 4 categories except hit) to any non-s-rank weapon with photon drops in gallons shop.

20 drops = 5 %
1 sphere = 30 %

Rpgplayer
Jul 3, 2003, 09:11 AM
I found a Red barrier in Cave 2. Normal mode. And in cave 3 I found a amplifier of Rafoie...

Soukosa
Jul 3, 2003, 11:19 AM
On 2003-07-02 12:16, Crusha wrote:
Wow wierd i find Varistas like crazy in hard mode in forest. If i were to count up how many Varistas i have collected it would be in the 20's

That's all? I've found around 40 Last Survivors with my Skyly.