PDA

View Full Version : I think the C-mode deneb 4 should be every night

THE_MERCENARY
Jul 2, 2003, 05:06 PM
I think the C-mode deneb 4 should be every night because every time i get on no one is there and no else want to do c-mode

VulpesMundi
Jul 2, 2003, 05:43 PM
Well the whole idea of the Friday night gathering was to increase enthusiasm for C-mode enough to get people to use Deneb 4 every night. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to have happened. People need to participate to make these things work. Just remember that you don't need hosts to play, we're merely there to help people when we can and report the state of things. Just get together and play whenever you can with whoever you can find. If you can help convince more people to actively use Deneb 4, then good on ya'.

Temjin-On
Jul 2, 2003, 10:13 PM
Denab 4 is always empty execpt on friday. All go to Alcylone 6, which is impossible to get in and FSOD is very likely to happen with 174+ people on the server. Its dumb really, the only time i can ever do C-Mode is friday, on account of i can never get on alcylone when im desperate for cmode.

Raziel_Kai
Jul 3, 2003, 01:32 AM
I need Cmode more times per week!
AAARGH....
oh well, just making noise over here, just ignore me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
In any case, I would love to have Deneb 4's CMode at least twice per week, at least.

Sheik1
Jul 3, 2003, 05:22 AM
I might have a alight idea here. Anyone here ever used choice search before? You know how to turn it on? If everyone that wants to do cmode turns on choice search and then uses the keywords "I am up for a challenge" it will be muche easier to locate people for cmode if you are browsing Anatries 08 for someone.

I drop my Ant 08 every so often and nearly never see a cmode game in sight. Sometimes I find one or two but it is funner and faster if you have at least one or two experianced people in each team to help out. It can be easy to mess up or get stuck in cmode.

I am always learning new stuff about cmode and lately learning some neat TA tips which is getting my times WAY down. I have time under 5 hours now, which is possible and easy to do. I am aiming for under 4 hours, but that will take time to find good maps and it is a matter of getting a good team together for that.

I *might* be willing to help out with some Deneb 04 games. I will try to remember to drop by there Friday evening and check it out.

I spend A LOT of time in Alcyone 06, and that is where I complete my cmode. I guess it is more or less beginning to be where I spend nearly all my time now. I enjoy playing there with the people that I meet (US, JP and others). It is fun meeting new people and playing with them too. I do not play for the sranks or the prizes anymore. After 5 it becomes a chore trying to figure out what to get next. I am always working on improving my times. I am aiming for that under 4 hours mark. That will make me happy.

I would love to see more activity on the US servers for cmode. I do not know if US players are just not into cmode or what...but it might be something that a lot of people (like me) will discover and like, and I don't mean just for the srank weapons that you get from it.

Wewt
Jul 3, 2003, 05:41 AM
Challenge mode for the average player: a bunch of long online quests to get weapons.

The average player can get those weapons from a duper.

Decie
Jul 3, 2003, 09:24 AM
I'm offering my Hunewearl for hirer to any group or anyone who is up for challenge tonight. I need tips on how to play as a HU in cmode, so any expert advice is appreciated. Also I have all 9 maps in hand, but I havent gotten them memorized yet. So please dont follow my lead because you'll likely get yourself lost, hurt, or sent back to the start while the rest of the group advances to the next stage.^_^ With that said....who wants to hire me now? I work for advice. =P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Decie on 2003-07-03 08:01 ]</font>

Valleo
Jul 3, 2003, 10:07 AM
I would love it if I could just pop into Deneb 4 whenever and play C mode ... having said that if anyone ever wants to play im up for it pretty much anytime after 3 PM Eastern... let me know and ill get online.

martian_man
Jul 3, 2003, 10:29 AM
errrm ye

Sheik1
Jul 3, 2003, 05:03 PM
On 2003-07-03 03:41, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:
Challenge mode for the average player: a bunch of long online quests to get weapons.

I strongly disagree with this statement. Challenge mode is not for the average player, although the average player can play challenge mode and learn it quite will.

Challenge mode is not for weapons. The prizes are a reward for doing challenge mode and completing under specific times.

Challenge mode is to have fun playing with other players where everyone starts out at the same level, and same equipment and is a "challenge" unlike normal play where you can level very high and then tends to get rather boaring as there is no risk or fun in that. I have met some really good and fun to play with people over there and enjoy playing when I get a chance to.

I also enjoy helping (to an extent) new players. I say to an extend meaning to those who are willing to learn and do not get snotty about doing things in cmode that messes it up knowing they are doing that.

Why do you think there are usually over 100+ players in Alcyone 06 (the JP challenge mode block)? I do not mean just JP players, I see many, many US and other players in there as well.

Please think a little more before you post something about challenge mode that you do not know about. Have you ever played it? If you have not you are missing out on a great part of PSO that you have not explored.

The weapons that you ear from cmode are a prize showing that you have completed cmode and under a specified time. Duping sranks is just so lame...don't do it please.

Jehosaphaty
Jul 3, 2003, 06:14 PM
On 2003-07-03 08:29, martian_man wrote:
errrm ye

wat the hack does that mean? how does that have anything to do with the topic?! anyways, challenge mode is great. hopefully more people will play as the days go on...

Khaotika
Jul 5, 2003, 06:50 AM
On 2003-07-03 03:22, alland wrote:
I spend A LOT of time in Alcyone 06, and that is where I complete my cmode. I guess it is more or less beginning to be where I spend nearly all my time now.

Yeh, I noticed when me searched yer card the few nights I'm on now. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif You still doing Seabed runs with Crush often, or is that a thing of the past?

I've got a shiny new HUcast I'd love to take through C-Mode should I get more online time in the future. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

-Khao

Wewt
Jul 5, 2003, 12:55 PM
I was going to reply to you politely... until you said this:

On 2003-07-03 15:03, alland wrote:
Please think a little more before you post something about challenge mode that you do not know about. Have you ever played it? If you have not you are missing out on a great part of PSO that you have not explored.
First of all, make sure that you understand what the writer wrote, before opening that big hole in your mouth.

Yes, I have played challenge mode. I have completed it too many times that I've lost count how many times I did it. Probably kept around 30 S Ranks on the way. I also got a respectable TA time of under 3:40. This was on the Dreamcast version - when C mode was a lot harder.

Now that I've said that, I'll explain what I said... again.

On 2003-07-03 03:41, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:

I said what Challenge mode was for the AVERAGE PSO player. Your casual player that goes in the first block of the first ship. These are the guys that walk around with dupes. I'll stop here, hoping that you'll understand what I'm getting at.

On 2003-07-03 15:03, alland wrote:
The weapons that you ear from cmode are a prize showing that you have completed cmode and under a specified time. Duping sranks is just so lame...don't do it please.

I already know what the fuck the weapons are for, and where and how they come from too.

Next time, read more carefully.