PDA

View Full Version : That new (well not so new now) duping trick rumor

hollowtip
Jul 3, 2003, 10:57 AM
Supposedly, rumors are going around stating that Sega actually implemented this into the game so Sega could have a way to dupe items without having to have some device or debugging software to help troubleshoot problems.

The reason why people are saying this is because of the meticulous steps you need to take in achieving the disired result and the way you actually go about doing the trick.

(The only blue dressed woman on Pioneer 2 coupled with the color of the weapon shop hmmm)

Or it could just be a crazy coincidense, but I doubt it.

Logical2u
Jul 3, 2003, 10:59 AM
I've heard about it from a friend who asked me how to dupe. I dont know.

SC2
Jul 3, 2003, 12:59 PM
Woo, never thought about that. But why Sega ??? WHY!

Rljohn
Jul 3, 2003, 01:13 PM
yum Yum- That was explained in the main post

SlashEdgewind
Jul 3, 2003, 03:29 PM
I'm prolly the only person on here who has no idea what the duping trick is except the fact that it involves an NPC

Slash

Jack
Jul 3, 2003, 03:43 PM
You'd think that they would have not included the FSOD that occurs if you take the wrong steps if it were an actual implementation...

VioletSkye
Jul 3, 2003, 04:17 PM
On 2003-07-03 08:57, hollowtip wrote:
Supposedly, rumors are going around stating that Sega actually implemented this into the game so Sega could have a way to dupe items without having to have some device or debugging software to help troubleshoot problems.

The reason why people are saying this is because of the meticulous steps you need to take in achieving the disired result and the way you actually go about doing the trick.

(The only blue dressed woman on Pioneer 2 coupled with the color of the weapon shop hmmm)

Or it could just be a crazy coincidense, but I doubt it.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I SERIOUSLY doubt they purposely included that in the game. Why would Sega need to dupe items they could easily load onto a character? Any why make the method (if it was on purpose) so involved. They could have easily included a debug menu. Also what possible problems could they hope to troubleshoot by performing the dupe method? None of this makes sense. I think the dupe method was found by accident. If you know how to do it, you can easily imagine someone bored with the game messing around with a particular NPC just to see what would happen. Sega programmers and developers have no need whatsoever for such an involved process. They have easy access to everything in the game already.