PDA

View Full Version : exp trick ideas

Spankl
Jul 3, 2003, 12:02 PM
ok, so everybody knows about the mines exp trick, but does anybody else know others? even if they're not as fast, a fun one would definately be good. the other gets sooooo boring!

Davion
Jul 3, 2003, 12:14 PM
I solve the boring part by watching a movie on a different TV. I can level up twice during LOTR special extended edition.

rena-ko
Jul 3, 2003, 12:29 PM
*laughs* you could kill mothmants and kill the nest as well. then pipe up before the killed nest vanished completely into the ground, pipe back down and there is it again. and full nest with new mothmants (they wont drop anything this time but well...)

then you could always employ a king special on some defenseless thing like an indi belra - they never walk... and wont hit you when you dont walk as well (= using a gun).

or... something really unusual:
you could make runs and clear areas. you'll have to actually move your chara, but it has three mayor advantages.
1 - you have the chance to find a rare drop or two on the way
2 - you wont see the actual same room for hours.
3 - you wont kill your cube's diskdrive with time...

worth a thought, isn't it?

Davion
Jul 3, 2003, 01:29 PM
On 2003-07-03 10:29, rena-ko wrote:

worth a thought, isn't it?

If you like antagonistic thread hijackers, yes. Sorry, I'm just tired of everytime someone asks for help with EXP tricks someone just has to jump in and treat them like an idiot. He's asking for help and ideas, you don't need to turn it into a soapbox because you don't like the tricks.

Ether
Jul 3, 2003, 01:38 PM
Srank Mechguns + Kings Special + Empty Recobox + Autofire controller

Remember to take your mag off first

Davion
Jul 3, 2003, 01:42 PM
On 2003-07-03 11:38, Ether wrote:
Srank Mechguns + Kings Special + Empty Recobox + Autofire controller

Remember to take your mag off first

If you're a high level you might want to find a pair of low level mechs like Assaults or Repeaters with Kings or other EXP stealing thing. I've been looking for one with my lower level Purplenum character from quite some time now.

EDIT: Unless, of course, the S-rank mechs aren't grinded.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Davion on 2003-07-03 11:47 ]</font>

Ether
Jul 3, 2003, 02:06 PM
It has to be sranks, they steal 3x what a normal kings mechgun would

Eagle
Jul 3, 2003, 02:25 PM
what is the mines exp trick?

ABDUR101
Jul 3, 2003, 03:04 PM
Davion, Rena was being serious. It's alot easier and more rewarding to pretty much just go through the game normally, because you still get experience, you have a chance to find more varied rares(and even rare monsters) and without the risk to your precious GC. o_O

I usually do the mothmant trick, except I just kill all the mothmants and then go back. I do it about 5 times and then continue on my way.

I'm not sure of the other tricks that are used.

Also, check this thread (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=50878&forum=6&5), it's important partaining to this discussion.

Eagle
Jul 3, 2003, 03:46 PM
i still wanna know what the mines lvling trick is...

zerrith
Jul 3, 2003, 04:04 PM
Eagle, go to this link, it will explain the EXP trick

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=590

Slicer238
Jul 3, 2003, 04:27 PM
which would be better to use king mechguns or king handgun? cause the mechs are divided into thirds wouldn't it be better to use a handgun?