PDA

View Full Version : how rare is holy ray?

excecutor
Jul 3, 2003, 01:58 PM
well my hunewearl has got well over the mst requirement so i was wondering how rare it is to find one. i have a 125 yellowboze so i can kill de ral lie. i also have a 48 bluefill ramar that will be in ult somwhat soon so i can get it from sil dragon. is it very rare to find, cus ive found 2 dragons claws from sil dragon. just wondering how many runs do u guys think that it should take. also, is it a good enough weapon that i should search for it?

Soukosa
Jul 3, 2003, 02:04 PM
I got mine from Da Ral Lie on my second battle with my Pinkal, but I have heard of other people fighting it many more times and not getting it. It seems to be just a matter of a luck. A good piece of advice is, don't work on it for too long, or you may never get it. Instead play that area for a bit, then play another and come back.

slimer1231
Jul 3, 2003, 02:04 PM
I've heard that its a nice find to get. I also heard that it has the range of a rifle and its a handgun! So that would be nice. As for power? I don't know if its good or not... look that up on the database

VulpesMundi
Jul 3, 2003, 03:08 PM
I believe it took me roughly ten runs through the Ultimate Cave to score one on Yellowboze. I never did get one from the Bluefull Forest (yet). It's a pretty typical 10 star rare drop, though. It has roughly the same odds of dropping as say a Yamato, Mahu, Guilty Light, or any of the other 10 star items that bosses drop.

As for its usefulness, I love this gun on my HUnewearl. It's 20 ATP weaker than a Red Handgun (strongest gun a hunter can equip), but what it slightly lacks in power it more than makes up for in accuracy. This sucker has a natural +70 ATA. Add on top of that rifle range (it is a rifle) and a cool looking design and well it's hands down the best overall long-range gun a HUnewearl (and HUmar, for that matter) can find. It might take you awhile to find one, but I highly recommend putting the effort into doing so.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-07-03 13:10 ]</font>

excecutor
Jul 3, 2003, 03:09 PM
well im 0-2 for holy rays against de ral lie on yellowboze. i guess its time for try #3

excecutor
Jul 3, 2003, 03:11 PM
ok thanks vulpes, ill redouble my efforts. ive got all day so im sure ill get in at least 10-15 runs. if the guns that good then i guess ill have to find 2 for my 2 hunewearls http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. wish me luck

excecutor
Jul 3, 2003, 04:37 PM
well ive made tries # 3 and 4 with no dice... onward...

rocketstaR
Jul 3, 2003, 08:00 PM
I have that gun. Been thinking of using it with my FOnewm, if I equip it with a decent power MAG, you think It'll be worth the time?

Temjin-On
Jul 3, 2003, 09:39 PM
Holy Ray is well worth the effort. I have used it since Ver.1 and IMO, is ne weapon a force shouldnt be without. Its a handgun with rifle range, which means you can unload on tough enemies from farther away, then pummle away with the spells. Its my force weapon of choice.

Delsaber
Jul 3, 2003, 09:43 PM
Just to bad a RAmar can not use it. He is 15 below the requirement at max. My FOnewm can use it though. I found mine on my first slaying of Da Ral Lie. I about messed myself. I want a Heaven's Punisher. My Bluefull needs to go hunting...

excecutor
Jul 3, 2003, 09:48 PM
well 5 6 and 7 havent yeilded that great gun yet. i guess its on to more runs through the caves...

Zelgadis
Jul 3, 2003, 09:53 PM
I got lucky....I found it in just one run. Of course it's not my style of weapon so I traded it to my good friend Saigan. I got twin chakrams in return though I hardly use them. I wouldn't use the holy ray either so...no big loss.

ginko990
Jul 3, 2003, 10:35 PM
At level 192 on GC My BLUEFULL HUnewearl had found about 14-15 Holy Rays from the Sil Dragon.

At level 182 on XBOX my BLUEFULL HUnewearl has found about 5 Holy Rays from the Sil Dragon.

Wufei
Jul 3, 2003, 11:12 PM
I had a Holy Ray on DC v1. I loved that weapon. It looked cool and my FOnewm could use it, yay!

Unfortunately I don't know how rare it is from experience. I traded for it.

Saladwood
Jul 3, 2003, 11:34 PM
It's only dropped by certain monsters. chect it out here:

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=117&sortby=class

Delsaber
Jul 4, 2003, 12:26 AM
Saladwood, why does the HOLY RAY's info say that a RAmar can use it. They can on the older versions but not on GC and XboX because they don't have enough mind strength at max. Also, the ATP for the weapon says 390-300. Shouldn't that be 290-300?

TheTrueJanus
Jul 4, 2003, 12:48 AM
I've found 2 Holy Rays, the first one on purpose, and the second one was by accident. I fought Sil Dragon so many times to get it that it was driving me nuts. Then about 2 fights after I got it (all attributes were 0), I got another one (10/0/0/0/55), and I almost passed out seeing the hit percentage on it. I was amazed that I got a percentage on a weapon higher than 40 for once, but especially on a rare weapon. So yeah, if you don't try to go for it, you most likely will get it, lol.

shadowmaster2552
Jul 4, 2003, 12:56 AM
I cant even use one so im just hoping for a Red Handgun.

excecutor
Jul 4, 2003, 10:41 AM
well im up to run 14 now and my quest still continues without the finding of one holy ray... curse you de ral lie!

excecutor
Jul 5, 2003, 12:14 PM
up to run 23 now... i hate de ral lie.... but on run #17 he dropped a digrinder http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. better than the normal stuff he drops...