PDA

View Full Version : Just started played Phantasy Star v.2

GnomeSlayer
Jul 3, 2003, 09:56 PM
Great game, I tested out a bunch of characters including the HUmar, FOmarl, RAmar, that one who looks like a clown with cool sunglasses....I eventually chose the Ramar cause I liked shooting at things plus he can use techniques. Right now I'm lvl 12 at the caves, and I need a bit of help...

I'm at this giant worm guy, but he's way too hard to beat. I thought of doing a few Hunter's Guild quests to get stronger and I'm wondering if I'm supposed to just do these quests all the way and eventually run into the bosses rather than just keep going straight through everything.

And how do I beat the worm guy?

Slicer238
Jul 3, 2003, 09:57 PM
Alright what class are you.

K9999
Jul 3, 2003, 10:03 PM
He stated hes a Ramar.

Just lvl up a bit more in the caves and take him on at 15. Have full mates and fluids too and just dodge his attacks and wait until you can get clean shots.

Slicer238
Jul 3, 2003, 10:05 PM
Now see this is why I need to read through the whole statement. Leave me alone you meany.

GnomeSlayer
Jul 3, 2003, 10:27 PM
I'm playing offline right now, I'm thinking of starting online play. But do I have to pay to d/l the quests, even if I just want them for offline? If I do online, it'll probably be a bit later, and maybe with the GC or Xbox version. I'm on the DC version 2 now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GnomeSlayer on 2003-07-03 20:28 ]</font>

AndyPandy
Jul 4, 2003, 04:21 AM
Buy the XBOX or Gamecube version of PSO. Everything you will ever need to know about PSO is listed on this site. Some kind people have already gathered all the info for you....take a look.

GnomeSlayer
Jul 4, 2003, 11:15 AM
I'll probably get the Xbox version when I'm done with my offline playing, the headset looks like it'd be a lot easier to talk to people.

Murdercall
Jul 4, 2003, 11:37 AM
Don't bother playing the dreamcast pso, somebody said that people still lobby fsod Oberon 1-01!!!

-LordNikon-
Jul 4, 2003, 12:38 PM
Nothing wrong with playing on Dreamcast PSO, infact its safer than ever before, just as long as you play with friends its all good. Its not a requirement to play PSO on DC ot idle in lobby01. I still play Dreamcast PSO online all the time, just as much as I play GC.

My DC character is at Lv87, havn't had one problem at all since I started him. Main thing to do is to just hook up with friends or other player you know that play fair. Dreamcast v1 is playable for free, Dreamcast v2 HL is $5.00/month.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -LordNikon- on 2003-07-04 10:40 ]</font>

GnomeSlayer
Jul 4, 2003, 02:00 PM
Yeah, I heard version 1 is free. I'd of course need to find a place that sells the Dreamcast Broadband modem adaptor - anyone know any place that does sell it?

MasterForce
Jul 4, 2003, 02:06 PM
whne i got my dc i came with a phone cord looking thing that got me online with pso

GnomeSlayer
Jul 4, 2003, 05:34 PM
But then I'd have to deal with a 56k connection, plus I'd have to get a connection like that, cause right now I have broadband. So I need to find a Broadband modem adaptor.

AzNBoi320
Jul 4, 2003, 06:06 PM
StFu N00b

GnomeSlayer
Jul 4, 2003, 09:02 PM
I finally beat the Caves - took out the giant worm after lvling up to 16 =D I'll be moving onto the mines tommorrow.

GnomeSlayer
Jul 5, 2003, 04:11 PM
Can anyone answer my question about d/l quests? Since I don't plan on playing online for a while (till I get an Xbox or GC probably), can I just d/l the quests for single player to play on my DC?

Nambrosia
Jul 5, 2003, 04:20 PM
To download quests, you must be able to get online.
Meaning, if you got DCv2, you WILL have to pay..
So no. You can't just download the quests.

GnomeSlayer
Jul 5, 2003, 08:27 PM
Aw....well, thanks for your help.

rena-ko
Jul 6, 2003, 09:35 AM
On 2003-07-04 16:06, AzNBoi320 wrote:
StFu N00b

this was unnessessary

back on topic:

well, welcome to pso ^_^
although v.2 in on its final way its still fun i guess. and a bit cheaper online.
you will have some serious problems to find a bba with a reasonable pricetag though. they're rare, they're overpriced, they're ... well, i think you get it.

you could network your dreamcasts modem to a pc and use a broadband flatrate this way.

http://home.elp.rr.com/terlouw/DCWinMEServer.htm

good luck anyway.

for quests... hm... there were, as far as i know, some sites who had all downloadquests available. you would have to go online with your dreamcastbrowser-disk (dial up obviously) and download it to you vmu.

here for example

http://www.psox.it/pso/download.htm

(i dont know if this works though - "raw material" seems to be "soul of a blacksmith" - nice quest)

if you have those quests on your vmu, you'll maybe have to switch the game's language into japanese mode.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-07-06 07:41 ]</font>

M_BlackHawk
Jul 6, 2003, 09:56 AM
If he were in v1, booyaka.com has the v1 download quests. Unfortunately, the v2 quests were tied to your serial number/access key and couldn't be downloaded via such sites and used. I think the only download quests available for v2 were "Letter from Lionel", "Retired Hunter", "Soul of Steel", "Central Dome Fire Swirl", and "Soul of a Blacksmith". All these quests, except for "Central Dome Fire Swirl" are already available on GC and Xbox PSO, anyway.

If you're trying to decide on GC or Xbox PSO, though, and have both systems AND broadband, I'd choose the Xbox, because you don't have to pay for another adaptor to get online. However, Xbox PSO Does REQUIRE Xbox Live even before you can play offline. Go Figure.

later

M_BlackHawk

Atax
Jul 6, 2003, 11:36 AM
On 2003-07-06 07:56, M_BlackHawk wrote:
I think the only download quests available for v2 were "Letter from Lionel", "Retired Hunter", "Soul of Steel", "Central Dome Fire Swirl", and "Soul of a Blacksmith". All these quests, except for "Central Dome Fire Swirl" are already available on GC and Xbox PSO, anyway.

Central Dome Fire Swirl is available on PSOX as a downloadable quest.

GnomeSlayer
Jul 6, 2003, 10:27 PM
I just found an item called the Book of Katana. But I can't do anything with it, what exactly did I just find?

Da_Wrecka
Jul 24, 2003, 06:39 AM
On 2003-07-05 14:20, Nambrosia wrote:
To download quests, you must be able to get online.
Meaning, if you got DCv2, you WILL have to pay..
So no. You can't just download the quests.

Unless you have the EU version of v2. The EU version of v2 is free to play online and always has been. (EU Ep1&2 doesn't have the same high point though)