PDA

View Full Version : Force Descisions...

MisguidedGamer
Jul 3, 2003, 10:36 PM
I've been playing PSO online for awhile and I've been having a great time. While playing I noticed that most people were Humars (more damage, cooler weapons, etc), and I began seriously considering using them. But then the fomar came to mind, a force (my favorite class) as well as a powerful weapon user. If I was to make a fomar I expect that he would be an online character mostly and I was wondering if this guy was a good choice. I'm looking for a force that can devastate enemies with magic as well as be in the front lines without dieing so often. Anyway, is the fomar a good class for a mage/melee user or should I go with the fomarl? If you have a fomar please explain the specialties he has as well as the ups and downs of using one. And if possible, maybe I could meet up with you guys online to exchange some items and get some general advice... thanks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MisguidedGamer on 2003-07-03 20:40 ]</font>

Shadow82
Jul 3, 2003, 11:56 PM
I have a level 106 FOmar.I just made him last week too its sooooo ez to level I also have a FOmarl I'm less interested in because I dont like how weak they are.>.<.FOmars have horrible Defense(worst in their class)but higher atp than FOmarls.FOmarls have better mental but FOmars have better TP.FOmarls have better evade ATA(not needed much in this class).FOmarls have a 50% Grants boost and 2x the range ro anti, deband, shifta, and resta so FOmarls are good support FOs.Now FOmar has a 30% Gibarta, Gizonde, Gifoie, and Grants and a 2x range of Deband and Shifta so FOmar is more of a Power FO.So FOmarls are better at a lower level but they cant use as much mats.I could meet u online and trade u.I could also hook u up wit some Def, hp, and Mind mats if u want some.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ether
Jul 4, 2003, 12:09 AM
On 2003-07-03 21:56, Shadow82 wrote:
FOmars have horrible Defense(worst in their class)

No, thats FOnewearl

FOmarls have better mental but FOmars have better TP.

No, FOmar has more MST and TP than FOmarl

FOmarls have better evade

No, FOmar has more EVP than FOmarl

So FOmarls are better at a lower level but they cant use as much mats.

No, they both can use 250 materials

Paxstris
Jul 4, 2003, 12:17 AM
As for which class is better for online, I'd say Fomarl. Because in some situations you might be the only force, the 2x range to resta, anti that Fomarls have will benefit the group greatly.

Fomars have better ATP, so they can dish melee damage better. But if you have to resta the group, and your resta isn't powerful enough, the 2x range that Fomarls get helps you to reach whoever you need to resta.

Though Fomars can use a resta merge, would you really wanna give up your barrier slot for something so weak as a resta merge? Fomars will need all the DFP/EVP/resistances they can get if they/you'll be up front melee'ing.

As for techs, sure Fomars get the 30% bonus to the Gi- spells, but some of it can be made up by using the corresponding weapons:

Fire Scepter: Agni (all foie-type spells up 20%)
Ice Staff: Dagon (all barta-type spells up 20%)
Storm Wand: Indra (all zonde-type spells up 20%)

Blenjar
Jul 4, 2003, 12:46 AM
R E A D H E R E F I R S T

LOL

Get FOmar, as you can see in my signature I own one. FOmars are good in front line AND support. Over the last few weeks, I've been testing my fomars skillz on support and offense and both were successfully A+'s as in, they good character . And by the way who ever said they had weak defense was WRONG because that's why jellen is here. I always cast it when I enter a room fill with savage beasts, they barely damage me. Guess again, I get to use mech guns AS I wish. Take that you FOrmals. FOrmals are just faster casters with a weapon on, FOrmar are without any.

Night_Star
Jul 4, 2003, 01:25 AM
On 2003-07-03 22:09, Ether wrote:

No, thats FOnewearl

nope wrong again, fonewearl actually has the best defense of the forces, fomar has the worst

fomarls only have more mst until they lvl up, fomars do have a higher max though

probably true, i havent tested that yet

also true

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Night_Star on 2003-07-03 23:27 ]</font>

Ether
Jul 4, 2003, 01:54 AM
On 2003-07-03 23:25, Night_Star wrote:

nope wrong again, fonewearl actually has the best defense of the forces, fomar has the worst

Perhaps you should try reading the guides.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=343

Yes, FOmar has the lowest dfp growth, but its only about 10 points from FOnewearls. However his defense max is a substantial 80 points higher than hers, giving him the 2nd best FO defense.

Night_Star
Jul 4, 2003, 01:58 AM
ok, let me correct this

fonewearl has the best defense while leveling up, i know that fonewearl has the lowest max, she just gets it much faster than any other
ok?

Shadow82
Jul 4, 2003, 02:50 AM
On 2003-07-03 22:09, Ether wrote:

First off shut up and stop correcting me I read more on it and ur correct bout this one.
No, thats FOnewearl

Wrong!

Thats a laugh in a half FOmars have crap mst at level 1.Oh and remember he is talkin bout a level 1 FOmar to FOmarls

Wrong again

Yes this is true all humans can.

Hippocanibal
Jul 4, 2003, 07:13 AM
time for me to step in and set things straight. 1. Fomars are only good when u get to the 100's and so on. 2. Fomarls are one of the coolest looking classes and they look good with the double saber. 3. Go with the FoneWEarl!! they rock! Just put a little love into it and you'll see what i mean! Man i love my Mujimo...lvl 74....They look the coolest too

Kupi
Jul 4, 2003, 08:22 AM
Almost any Force can make themselves hard to damage with Jellen and Deband, but if you want a character that can survive easily, you've picked the wrong class. As any Force, learning to get out of the way of incoming attacks and using your techs (or melee attacks) at the right time so you don't set yourself up to get hit are far more important things than your character's defensive stats. For this reason I recommend the FOmar; his low DFP (early on) will prompt you to either rely on his techs and learn to use those effectively (recommended), or learn how to make melee attacks without getting hit either on your own or with your local Hunters.

In addition, if you're looking to do damage, the higher ATP will help later on. One word of warning: don't try to switch to a melee strategy until you've got a weapon with at least passable (30 or above) Hit%. Otherwise, you're going to see the word MISS a lot.

Golden_Force
Jul 4, 2003, 11:10 AM
The FOmarl is more proficient with guns and support techniques Resta, Deband, and Anti. She also has decent ATP and has high HP, which will help you when you fight Falzy in his final form. She also has the most powerful attack in the game, with her 50% increase in Grants, and if you give her something like a Caduceus or a Dark Bridge, you will increase that damage even further. Also, you can give her MAG the stats of DEF:8, POW:40, DEX:52, MIND:100. And then take 36 Power Materials, 70 Defense Materials, 75 Mind Materials, 38 Evade Materials, and then 31 Luck Materials and you will have maxed out all her stats except for luck, which will only have a 28 point deficit.

The FOmarl on the other hand has a good multiplier to Grants and has boots in teh often used Shifta and Deband. Then for extra, he has the boosts in normal attack techs. His ATP is high enough to where he can kick ass without anyone else around and his DFP is fine enough. I have a FOmar and with Jellen and Deband, nothing can really hurt me all that badly.

Dan_theUltimate
Jul 4, 2003, 01:27 PM
FOmar.
Now everyone shut the funk up.

MisguidedGamer
Jul 4, 2003, 03:00 PM
Thanks alot for all the help you guys have provided. After reading all the advice I have decided to definetly use a fomar. Shadow82, if you could set up a time to meet online that would be great. Especially if you would give me some mats http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. Thanks again for your help and when I make my force I'll be sure to give you his name so I might see you online. BTW, if you want to help me with my fomar feel free to email me at [email protected] with ship/block and time or IM me at DOA Nsomnia (AIM), Thanks Again.

Shadow82
Jul 4, 2003, 03:30 PM
np.I'll e-mail u.