PDA

View Full Version : Newbie alert!

umbrella
Jul 3, 2003, 11:10 PM
Hey, I've been playing PSO for a while now, not as much online, but alot offline, nonetheless.. I have always sucked, and never really got far with a character.. But I have finally found one I like! FOmar! So I wanna get him high lvl and all souped up! I need suggestions for items to add to my "want" list.
Help out!
( p.s. I already know what weapon I want, dancing Higota, just because. )

FlyingPanda
Jul 3, 2003, 11:20 PM
I played PSO on Dreamcast and now GameCube but *sniff* no online yet

umbrella
Jul 3, 2003, 11:22 PM
Thank you, for the advice.

Shadow82
Jul 3, 2003, 11:32 PM
Mind mats and Defense Mats.Since FOmars lack in Def and hp u need def and hp mats (about 50) (max out the hp mats)And mostly the rest with mind mats.I can hook u up with some good fo stuff that my fo never uses.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.Oh and get Wand type weps because they raise MST.(Like Striker of Chao), a good mind mag, and 2 God minds and 2 G/HPS and some level 20-30 techs if u can equip em.PM me if u want ne free stuff.

TwISty
Jul 4, 2003, 12:10 AM
yeah cetch me online sometime and I'll help you out, look in my list of the items I have, and tell me what you need.
Also, the list is half done http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Delsaber
Jul 4, 2003, 12:22 AM
Striker of Chao = Cane/Rod

Depending on what you want to do (Melee/Techs or Both) here are my suggestions:

For Melee and minimal tech usage:
Power mag of course
God/Powers or God/HPs
Decent Melee weapon. I suggest G-Assassin's Saber.

For Tech usage:
Mind mag
God/Minds or anything along those lines
Wands for weapons

For both combine the above.

FOmars are fun.

Good luck.

Logical2u
Jul 4, 2003, 07:52 AM
Hmm. My fonewearl has a balanced mag as of yet, (leaning abit towards power darnit), with a Dim Rod. You should try for the instant kill weapons when using a force, since when they get close you need to kill em quickly.

SubstanceD
Jul 4, 2003, 03:07 PM
I mostly mellee withmy Fomar. I gave him a hand me down lv.200 Varaha Mag, I also gave him a few basic sabres ( a brand, a buster, a palasch and a gladius ) and a Soul Eater and now he destroys everything in his way. Out all the above items I would try to get him a Soul eater as soon as possible, it comes in very handy for Mines and Ruins.
As far as mats are concrened, Mind Mats and Defence Mats are best used.

neo9376
Jul 4, 2003, 03:56 PM
I use the sigh of a god for a wep it's pretty cheap but if you want quick kills it's good. It's special attack is Gizonde and it doesn't use tp. It also seems to be alot better than the spell version but i'm still pretty weak (lvl 32) so my spells aren't that high yet.

umbrella
Jul 4, 2003, 03:56 PM
What do you guys think about the dancing higota, that thing looks pretty badass for a mage.. But I'm thinking of doing mostly Tech usage with my fomar, so yeah.

So I'll use ( mats ) Mind and Def
God/Minds

what kind of armor?
and what do I feed my mag?
Should I use one of the combo barriers you can get?
any more item wise help is appreciated.

NoxiousOne
Jul 4, 2003, 04:08 PM
Don't use a combo barrier. As a FOmar you'll need the extra DFP and EVP. Just use the strongest armor you can that has 3 or 4 slots.

umbrella
Jul 4, 2003, 04:25 PM
So what for a barrier?
I was thinking one of those merge/whatever combo barriers because it makes my damage go up.. Like if I use red barrier with amp of red, my fire spells increase like 20%.. But if not one of those, then what?

RAmar_Monkey_Boy
Jul 4, 2003, 05:55 PM
Get Secret gear! its a very nice barriar!

Bit
Jul 4, 2003, 05:57 PM
I prefer the Shield of Delsaber. It gives much more Evasion, and you can see it. Plus, for Ult Caves it can be a lifesaver against Ob Lily's.

umbrella
Jul 4, 2003, 06:29 PM
K i'll look into those.

umbrella
Jul 4, 2003, 06:30 PM
oh yeah, does anyone have any critisism about dancing higota?

umbrella
Jul 4, 2003, 06:38 PM
I just looked up the delsaber barrier.. It's not for Force characters, so that won't work.. Secret gear looked nice..
Any others?

Bit
Jul 4, 2003, 06:51 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=listarticles&secid=9

Look to see what a FOmar could use.

umbrella
Jul 4, 2003, 08:52 PM
That doesn't really help.. But thanks..

Bit
Jul 4, 2003, 08:55 PM
Uh.. How does that not help? It lists every Shield/Armor in the game, did you not ask for any other shields a Force could use?

umbrella
Jul 4, 2003, 09:02 PM
Well I don't know what's what.
and I don't have the patience to flip through all of them, but thank you.
I probably will anyways, if I get bored.

TheTrueJanus
Jul 5, 2003, 03:59 PM
To answer your question about Dancing Hitogata, it's not a great weapon to use. The way you have to use it is wait for the little people-shaped cards to appear around you, then when you attack, they fly off in the direction they're facing, not in front of you. I would suggest something more along the lines of either fire scepter, ice staff, or storm wand if you're going for techs only, or a Soul Eater if you want to go melee.

umbrella
Jul 5, 2003, 11:27 PM
ok thanks, I'm going tech mostly, but I'm a Fomar.. What's the best tech user? Or should I stick with Fomar?

TheTrueJanus
Jul 5, 2003, 11:44 PM
Well, the best magic user is the Fonewm, because he has that boost to Gi and Ra spells, but I would stick with the Fomars, they're cooler looking ^.^

umbrella
Jul 5, 2003, 11:45 PM
Exactly.. That's the only reason.. I was thinking about the elf mage girl.. Is she good? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif