PDA

View Full Version : Section IDs ( best for whom )

umbrella
Jul 4, 2003, 09:12 PM
Are there certain IDs that are ebtter on certain character. I'm remaking my FOmar, currently lvl 56.. I'm simply remaking him because I don't like his name..
I've always been confused about the whole section ID thing, so could someone help me?

Bit
Jul 4, 2003, 09:15 PM
Pinkal is good for Forces, you get higher level Technique Disks sooner, and of course, Wand and Rod type weapons.

I like my Bluefull FOmar, he's not too shabby.

So Pinkal and Bluefull, Pinkal for the tech force, Bluefull for the more melee Force (Elysion works well, for me anyway.)

umbrella
Jul 4, 2003, 09:33 PM
Damnit, I had a feeling it would come to this.. I have to get a fucking pink medallion.. this sucks.. lol..

I don't want to look like I wandered from a gay pride parade...
are there not any others that are good for tech forces?

Bit
Jul 4, 2003, 09:37 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Nah, Pinkal isn't too lame looking, If anyone would be to say anything to you about having a Pinkal character, then they are just obvious Ignorant immature people, who are just out to start an arguement.

Now, If you see an Oran Force, then you can point and laugh.(This happened to my friend, ended up just deleting the thing.)

umbrella
Jul 4, 2003, 09:42 PM
lol ok... So pink, my only choice... *swallows hard* I'll think about it...

Soukosa
Jul 4, 2003, 10:01 PM
Pinkal's not the only decent ID for FO's, it just tends to get disks more often (a little too often). Also, there's nothing wrong with an Oran FO, Oran can get plenty of decent FO stuff.

Nani-chan
Jul 5, 2003, 02:38 AM
I disagree with pinkal being your only choice. One of many examples is you could pick a section ID for armor or mechguns. I've seen some fomars and fomarls like those.

umbrella
Jul 5, 2003, 02:18 PM
but If I want tons of disks get pink..

JGaff
Jul 5, 2003, 03:38 PM
Want a cheesy name that gets a Pinkal ID. Believe it or not, the name "Gandalf" gets Pinkal. Coincidence? Probably, but it's what I named my FOmar, and the name shouldn't be too much of a fuss. Or you could try one of them fancy calculators that make it much easier to do.

~JGaff~

umbrella
Jul 5, 2003, 07:17 PM
Yeah I'm picky, I have to have the perfect name of I'm not satisfied.. and the name I want, gets me Redria, so If I'm a Fomar, is Redria good?

HayatoGT-R
Jul 5, 2003, 07:42 PM
Redria is a pretty balanced ID in my opinion....

umbrella
Jul 5, 2003, 11:23 PM
ok, I guess I have to get a pinkal.. but... I dono, it jsut pisses me off.. Oh well..

Nani-chan
Jul 6, 2003, 12:43 AM
I wouldn't be pinkal then... if it messes your mind up then you won't play that character or have fun leveling it up.

If Pinkal still has those tech bonuses then isn't it just in Ult? That's lot's of levels that you have to deal with.. In any case good luck in your quest.

umbrella
Jul 6, 2003, 12:47 AM
thanks.. I dono I think I'm just gonna make the name I want.. and .. live with Redria.. or I have to go through lots of pain finding a suitable name with Pinkal... Oh well..
*blows sh¡t up*

LordOfTrees
Jul 6, 2003, 12:51 AM
it seems as though all my ranger characters and all of my friends turn out to be oran and that is one of the worst. I mean, what use is having a sec id that finds u 50 or 60 bloody arts and hardly and thing else? the worst part is that you cant even use those so it sorta bytes. what is the best sec id for rangers?

Stalfos333
Jul 6, 2003, 01:23 AM
Well...You could always have more than one character. Redria is a good general section ID, one that everyone that plays mostly offline should have. Then you can just make a pinkal girl type character, if you are so bothered by the "cross gender" coloring. Or just go with Redria completely. You can get a Magic Rock Moola, so you won't be too bad off weaponwise. Unless you're meleeing your FoMar, weapon doesn't make a whole lot of difference. Finding the right armor is a bigger problem.

Trickstr
Jul 6, 2003, 01:38 AM
hell my character's a purplenum heres what my trips get me
MECH
MECH
MECH
MECH
MECH
CRAPO SABER
MECH
MECH
MECH
CRAPO SABER
MECH
VARISTA
MECH
MECH
MECH
CRAPO DAGGER
you get the picture, think carefully what Id you use

umbrella
Jul 6, 2003, 01:59 AM
ok thanks, but now I'm leaning towards a fonewerl ( or whatever, the elf mage girl ) as a tech user.. But I dono.. Either way it's look that pink is the best.. I'll make a pink mage, and a ranger with another Section ID for finding my mage stuff http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

thanks for the help, and if you guys have any other opinions, I'd like to hear them.

silvermax
Jul 6, 2003, 02:41 AM
i have pinkal, on a Ramarl noless and as far as ive seen you wont see anything special with tech disks till ult...

Blueful or Redria would be just fine

and whats wrong with pink?

umbrella
Jul 6, 2003, 12:05 PM
hehe, I dono... just... it's pink.. I don't favor that color..

kat
Jul 6, 2003, 02:35 PM
My boyfriend has his force as a REdria because of the frames and barriers that a Force needs to Survive. I plan on making my next force a Redria as well.

Each section ID has its benefits. Besides, when you look at the backside of a character on the screen and they're running about... you dont' see the tiny pink circle on their costume. It's too small to make that big of a deal over.

Get the section ID that finds what you want, or just pick a name at random and get the section ID you're given.

I like having four characters with three section IDs (and a Pinkal ranger is laughable, because they're not that compatible, however between my other characters and my brother's she's wonderfuly equipped) because each one can support the other's needs. That way with item sharing you get what each character needs, and the others can make up section ID deficits.

umbrella
Jul 6, 2003, 02:52 PM
yeah,, it's just the name I want is Redria.. either way.. I dono.. I'll think of something else..

HayatoGT-R
Jul 6, 2003, 05:07 PM
Redria is a good section ID for any class but it's your decision....

brillyfresh
Jul 7, 2003, 05:05 PM
Yellowboze is good too, especially when you consider how much meseta you're gonna dish out for fluids

Logical2u
Jul 7, 2003, 05:46 PM
My Fonewearl is Oran... but I twink her out with units and good canes that I find like a striker with 20/25/0/0/35 and a couple of canes and a Fire scepter AGNI... now then... with a FOnewearl special... a Red Merge... a Fire Scepter... how much foie power would I have? And by that time... how many daggers would I have to give to my Hunewearl>

Ghost007
Jul 7, 2003, 10:09 PM
it doesnt matter if the name u want turns out to b redria, go to the calculator and add some spaces and count it up until u get Pinkal, NOT THAT HARD

Dbc
Jul 8, 2003, 12:51 AM
On 2003-07-05 22:51, LordOfTrees wrote:
it seems as though all my ranger characters and all of my friends turn out to be oran and that is one of the worst. I mean, what use is having a sec id that finds u 50 or 60 bloody arts and hardly and thing else? the worst part is that you cant even use those so it sorta bytes. what is the best sec id for rangers?

The 3 best ive seen are purplenum(if u like mechguns)greenil(if you like rifiles) and viridia(if u like shotguns)if your like the spread needle pick one of the first 2 ones

umbrella
Jul 8, 2003, 01:58 AM
On 2003-07-07 20:09, Ghost007 wrote:
it doesnt matter if the name u want turns out to b redria, go to the calculator and add some spaces and count it up until u get Pinkal, NOT THAT HARD

hehe it's ok I got it figured out.. I'll pinkal and use a name that gets it, that's for all of your help.

Blobglobual
Jul 8, 2003, 03:02 AM
I think that bluefulls make pretty good forces, my friend is a bluefull and he has so many mace of adamants and club of laconium, it is also pretty easy for him to get the branch of paku paku

ps... why are all section ids connected with colors, it doesn't make any sense, could someone please inform me on this idiocy, have any info just private message me...

cheesefiend
Jul 8, 2003, 12:18 PM
You guys seemed to be saying you could "choose" your section id!!! HOW????
I'm A greenil Ramarl

xanoki
Jul 8, 2003, 12:33 PM
Technically you can choose your section id by using a section id calculator. For instance, you could type in a name and see what sec id you get, If you like the ID, use it, if not, change the name, etc...

Just keep on changing the name till you get a name you like and the section ID you like. Look at my profile to see I made my characters as best I could by making them the right section id by name. ooops, off topic, sorry!

*Xan*