PDA

View Full Version : A guide for...

AxemPunanny
Jul 4, 2003, 09:45 PM
monsters and their drops.

I don't know if this has been asked before. I know there are guides for rare monster drops, and the rare item (weapon/defense/unique) database; there's even a enemy drop % rate guide. If I wanted to find out where a specific item is dropped, I could look it up and find out where, whom, and what section id would drop it.

I've always wanted to produce a guide where it lists all the monsters and all possible items they can drop (primarily rares), while noting what section id. In other words, instead of concentrating on one specific rare, it concentrates on the monsters with their possible drops. Is there a guide out there like this? I know it's kinda like the guides already out there for rare items, but I'd have to look at all the current items now, and write down who drops it and the section id; that's a whole lot of pressing the back & forward button on my browser. I guess it would be easier if it was charted altogether; i.e. when I'm headed into Mines, I could check out the "guide" for what items I may run into. Back during the DC days, I was planning on doing one, but never go to. I've been thinking about it lately, but I don't have the time. In essence, it would save me the trouble, if it's already out. I'm not asking anyone though to do it.

LollipopLolita, I know you got the links down pretty good, you got any info on this?

eRUPT
Jul 4, 2003, 09:58 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1057

print it?

AxemPunanny
Jul 4, 2003, 10:02 PM
Are you asking me if I wanted it printed? sure print it out to me and mail it to... nawh..

Thanks Erupt, 'preciate it.

What's going on, ruptie? Been awhile since I've seen you. I don't remember, if I've played in a game with you. I probably just saw you in the lobbie alot during the DC days. I'm sure you remember Puck 9, until it blew up.

eRUPT
Jul 4, 2003, 10:06 PM
Yes I was in the lobby plenty in puck 9 back in the days, Uhmmm what exactly is it your looking for that differs so much from our existing views? I mean if you want to know what every section id for a monster you just read the by Level view? if you want to see all the items you can get in the current level you are playing with your current ID then the Section ID view? I tend to just use the section ID view usually, or really I just go look up the item and look at the findings which are shown at each items bottom and see what ID I need for it, dunno just seems easy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eRUPT on 2003-07-04 20:07 ]</font>

AxemPunanny
Jul 4, 2003, 10:15 PM
The link you gave me is about as perfect as I wanted it to be. I just figured at least some monsters can drop more than just one rare. I could be wrong, as I've seen so many rares during my PSO lifetime, that I can't even tell anymore. The only problem now, is that I don't have ink in my printer right now.

I wanted the concentration to be on each area and its monsters. Then I wanted to know what possible items they can drop. Of course, I don't need to know which drops -mates/fluids; mainly rares, and almost rares (i.e. barriers, non yellow fonted). Then having it charted with Section IDs in mind would have been a plus. Which the link you gave me, did? Thx again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AxemPunanny on 2003-07-04 20:17 ]</font>

eRUPT
Jul 4, 2003, 10:18 PM
Item rares no, its per monster, per section id, per level that they each have 1 rare. Photon drops and such are not counted as this rare drop and all things in the game can drop those.

AxemPunanny
Jul 4, 2003, 10:21 PM
On 2003-07-04 20:06, eRUPT wrote:
I tend to just use the section ID view usually, or really I just go look up the item and look at the findings which are shown at each items bottom and see what ID I need for it, dunno just seems easy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eRUPT on 2003-07-04 20:07 ]</font>

Oh I do that usually as well. But that's if I'm just looking for a specific item. Sometimes, I just want to know what I may or may not be encountering when I'm playing an area. I'm really not into doing run after run for a specific item. I like just playing areas at a time, then the next. If I run into something I like, Great. Otherwise, it's "maybe next time." I did alot of item running in Diablo 2, aka MF runs. It got so tedious and boring at times. Sometimes, I just want to level, and go adventure, so to speak (in PSO).