PDA

View Full Version : xbox version or GC version?

Dan_theUltimate
Jul 5, 2003, 08:32 AM
What one?
The GC version definitely, more items, quests, bigger online community, no need for anything like xbox live, better controller, more effort put in, not as much duping etc.

XalRis
Jul 5, 2003, 09:11 AM
GC, because the Xbox version is hacked so much, it's not even funny. Vote GC!

Slicer238
Jul 5, 2003, 09:13 AM
*cough*cube*cough*

JGaff
Jul 5, 2003, 09:23 AM
Color me confused, but what is FSOD? I am new here and have never heard the phrase used before. Could someone PM the meaning it would be helpful. Anyways, I have the cube version and my friend plays online with his Xbox. After playing both, I liked the cube version better.

~JGaff~

AndyPandy
Jul 5, 2003, 09:33 AM
On 2003-07-05 07:23, JGaff wrote:
Color me confused, but what is FSOD? I am new here and have never heard the phrase used before. Could someone PM the meaning it would be helpful. Anyways, I have the cube version and my friend plays online with his Xbox. After playing both, I liked the cube version better.

~JGaff~

FSOD = FREEZE SCREEN OF DEATH, I dont know what the hell the original poster is on about, as you get FSOD AND Character corruption on the Gamecube anyway. Yeah, ive had FSOD on the XBOX version, just like on Gamecube, but Ive never had character corruption.

primer567
Jul 5, 2003, 02:08 PM
Xbox version! No duping!

satoshi1
Jul 5, 2003, 02:18 PM
The new patch released by MS got rid of one of the duping methods. It's kinda hard to say that there's no duping when somethings already been done to try and stop duping. There's both duping AND hacking on the xbox version. Old news.

JWSonikku
Jul 5, 2003, 02:24 PM
Xbox has hacked items, but you can find a non-hacked game without too much effort. Although the Xbox version has a distinct lack of quests (or even a complete challenge mode!!), the voice chat really wins it for me at the end of the day. So much better than using a keyboard... or worse, the software keyboard!

Moreover, being part of Xbox Live is a GOOD thing. The feedback option means that people are less inclined to be stupid, else get themselves banned. That and Xbox Live is a great springboard onto the other online games that Microsoft have. For what you say about 'more effort' being put into the GCN version, this may be because Nintendo's online plans seem rather lacklustre... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

--
Sonikku

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JWSonikku on 2003-07-05 12:29 ]</font>

Bad_Dreams99
Jul 5, 2003, 02:45 PM
Why gamecube ofcourse! Xbox you pay way too much

K9999
Jul 5, 2003, 03:08 PM
WOW SO GC USERS PAY ONLY 4 BUCKS OR SOMETHING!?!? IM CHANGING RIGHT NOW!!!11!one!@!

davidwid
Jul 5, 2003, 03:24 PM
Well, tough call, if you want voice chat which is a time saver, and being broadband only, it is pure bliss when it comes to loading time, XBOX is the winner. Though the real problem is lack of contents. Gamecube is the poor cousin of this version, yet rich with contents. Though freeze and corruption is the real stinker for Cube. I have to say none is the better, since both of them could almost be perfect yet no real effort is being done by Sonic Team.

segadrm10
Jul 5, 2003, 05:23 PM
gamecube is way better

ABDUR101
Jul 5, 2003, 05:29 PM
Just look over the requirements and costs of which one you want, and then the qualities of each and DECIDE.

It doesn't help when someone merely says "X-box" or "Gamecube" because you have to give actual POINTS as to WHY you chose that version. Just saying which one you have is no help, as I doubt the person requesting the answers is going to tally the total number of times each system was listed and run off to buy it, and if so, you could save alot of time by just flipping a coin. o_O

StarJagKvar
Jul 5, 2003, 09:43 PM
[i] I am so used to using an X-box that I could never use any other version http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Blenjar
Jul 5, 2003, 09:57 PM
Gamecube and Xbox.....Xbox is much better....
Character corruption?
Gamecube: Could get character corrupted
Xbox: No

Keyboard?
Gamecube: Have to buy keyboard./
Xbox: No, just pay 8 bux for transport for free. Must own a USB Keyboard.

Talk?
Gamecube: Cant talk online/
Xbox: Yes, we can talk.

Graphics?
Gamecube: Graphics are a little blurry
Xbox. Graphics are a tiny bit better, every mag has a shadow unlike Gamecube.

Who got the money to fix the thing?
Gamecube: They poor, the didn't even release a patch to stop duping.
Xbox: Microsoft has the money, they mad rich to fix anything!

Downloadable quest?
Gamecube; Mad new quest.
Xbox: No good quest, borring one but get to play one downloadable quest offline. And more quest are coming soon!

Xbox is much better because its Microsoft. You get to play other online games for FREE!!!!!!!!!!
That's my opinion.
Gamecube isn't good cause its no one. They have no money to do anything. And you pay to play only ONE! game online.

LINX
Jul 6, 2003, 09:08 AM
Online quests

Xbox: two quests; Gallon's and Heat Sword
Gamecube: almost 20 quests, and new ones coming every month.

Community

Xbox: Region blocks, you can only play with other players from your one region (more than sucks)
Gamecube: all PSO players use the same servers and players from all region can go hunting together.

Challenge

Xbox: Only a few stages... ch1?
Gamecube: All stages.

Battle

Xbox: Do they even have a Battle mode?!
Gamecube: Battle 1-6

To me, the choice is pretty easy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LINX on 2003-07-06 07:09 ]</font>

rena-ko
Jul 6, 2003, 09:12 AM
cube. i can play worldwide. enough said.

Indighost
Jul 6, 2003, 09:25 AM
Cube, I can't get planning permission for an X-Box...

Although, I've yet to get my hands on a Modem, lazy ass game stores...

AndyPandy
Jul 6, 2003, 10:10 AM
Yeah XBOX version is cool cos its integrated with all the other online games. I was playing PSO last night and my mate who was online playing MotoGP2 invited me to join him via a special feature on the XBOX PSO. Needless to say, I declined and carried on playing PSO..hehe.

Wufei
Jul 6, 2003, 10:29 AM
Just keep in mind that Xbox Live costs are not merely extra PSO costs. There are other great games for Xbox Live. I can't say the same about Gamecube. Also, you must buy a modem to play your Gamecube online, while the Xbox already has one when you buy it. Another thing I like about the Xbox version is that I have something like 48 possible different character saves on my Xbox harddrive.

Voice chat is really cool, too.

It sounds like the Gamecube is better in terms of actual gameplay content (quests and stuff) at the moment, but I'm sure the Xbox will catch up.

clance
Jul 6, 2003, 10:31 AM
This poll is pointless, you might as well say do you have a gamecube or an xbox. People will be bias towards which version they have.
But Gamecube is better

clance
Jul 6, 2003, 10:34 AM
On 2003-07-06 08:29, Wufei wrote:
Just keep in mind that Xbox Live costs are not merely extra PSO costs. There are other great games for Xbox Live. I can't say the same about Gamecube. Also, you must buy a modem to play your Gamecube online, while the Xbox already has one when you buy it. Another thing I like about the Xbox version is that I have something like 48 possible different character saves on my Xbox harddrive.

Voice chat is really cool, too.

It sounds like the Gamecube is better in terms of actual gameplay content (quests and stuff) at the moment, but I'm sure the Xbox will catch up.

Lol like I said, people are being bias towards there version. Wufei said that gamecube have to buy a modem, but he didn't mention the fact that you have to buy an $49.99 Xbox live starter kit, AND have Broadband!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: clance on 2003-07-06 08:41 ]</font>

Wufei
Jul 6, 2003, 10:38 AM
I already mentioned that Xbox Live costs are not merely PSO costs. There are other great games like Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Midtown Madness 3 that Xbox Live users can play.

fyrewyre
Jul 6, 2003, 02:35 PM
On 2003-07-05 19:57, Blenjar wrote:
Gamecube and Xbox.....Xbox is much better....
Character corruption?
Gamecube: Could get character corrupted
Xbox: No

Keyboard?
Gamecube: Have to buy keyboard./
Xbox: No, just pay 8 bux for transport for free. Must own a USB Keyboard.

Talk?
Gamecube: Cant talk online/
Xbox: Yes, we can talk.

Graphics?
Gamecube: Graphics are a little blurry
Xbox. Graphics are a tiny bit better, every mag has a shadow unlike Gamecube.

Who got the money to fix the thing?
Gamecube: They poor, the didn't even release a patch to stop duping.
Xbox: Microsoft has the money, they mad rich to fix anything!

Downloadable quest?
Gamecube; Mad new quest.
Xbox: No good quest, borring one but get to play one downloadable quest offline. And more quest are coming soon!

Xbox is much better because its Microsoft. You get to play other online games for FREE!!!!!!!!!!
That's my opinion.
Gamecube isn't good cause its no one. They have no money to do anything. And you pay to play only ONE! game online.

You must be new...

Skankhair
Jul 6, 2003, 03:50 PM
Xbox.

The Xbox has:

-Voicechat
-Fewer FSODs
-Fewer save corruptions
-Hacked items (to me, this is a HUGE plus- I think having access to the good items in the game is a GOOD thing).
-BB only, making for slightly less lag.

The GC has more quests, but they are all Xbox-bound thanks to XBL DLC. I wouldn't doubt the Xbox eventually having more quests anyways- although th GC seems to be getting more and better DL quests ATM.

Also, I find the Xbox controller to be far supperior. I just can't stand the GC controller.

You have to pay 9 bucks a month for the Xbox version, but you don't have to buy a modem or adapter. Plus, for the voicechat and the easier access to good items (through hacking and more frequent duping), I think it's worth the extra money anyways.

Plus, being a part of XBL, PSO allows me to see if my friends are online in other games. I can invite them to PSO, or they can invite me to MechAssault, Moto GP 2 etc...

I don't mind only being able to play with people from the US. There is still countless players online. It's not like there's a shortage. So the region limits are not only a non-issue, but maybe even a good thing. I'd rather be playing with someone nearby, than thousands of miles away- assuming that would influence lag.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skankhair on 2003-07-06 13:56 ]</font>