PDA

View Full Version : WTF is this thing?!

-ARIES-
Jul 5, 2003, 04:16 PM
When wandering through Caves 3 on my way to De Rol Le, I came across a new type of mine (keep in mind that I have version 2 of PSO.) It was circular in shape, and had a green cross on it. When it exploded, little white spark thingies flew out of it. I ran off when I first saw it so I didn't find out what it did, and I haven't found another one since. Anyone have any ideas as to what the heck this thing is?

LunarShadowX
Jul 5, 2003, 04:22 PM
It's a healing trap. A trap that heals you instead of damaging you. It looks like a green cross. And please post in the correct forum, this belongs in the General forum, not Off Topic.

Oh, and I thank you for posting a "literate" post (in terms of capitalization, punctuation, spelling, etc. because most people here, uh, don't post like that, and it can annoy me from time to time.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LunarShadowX on 2003-07-05 14:24 ]</font>

Garanz2
Jul 5, 2003, 04:24 PM
It's a trap you can only find deep in the caves. It is a fairly rare trap that actually casts resta on you...

Don't know why ST put them in, I've only found them in caves and never more than i think two in one run.

-ARIES-
Jul 5, 2003, 04:35 PM
Thanks, and you're welcome...

Well, off to fight De Rol Le for the 6th time; last five times I either died or bailed out.

This time I'm going prepared. I've got a full stack (10; it's a term I learned on EQ.) of Difluids, and, just in case, a full stack of Monofluids.. I always run out when fighting De Rol Le because I need to heal so much.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -ARIES- on 2003-07-05 14:39 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -ARIES- on 2003-07-05 14:39 ]</font>

ginko990
Jul 5, 2003, 05:03 PM
they're wrong, its a NOL trap.

Trickstr
Jul 5, 2003, 05:09 PM
On 2003-07-05 14:22, LunarShadowX wrote:
It's a healing trap. A trap that heals you instead of damaging you. It looks like a green cross. And please post in the correct forum, this belongs in the General forum, not Off Topic.

Oh, and I thank you for posting a "literate" post (in terms of capitalization, punctuation, spelling, etc. because most people here, uh, don't post like that, and it can annoy me from time to time.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LunarShadowX on 2003-07-05 14:24 ]</font>

*nostrils flare*

-ARIES-
Jul 5, 2003, 05:09 PM
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I FINALLY KILLED DE ROL LE!!!!!!

Gestiv
Jul 5, 2003, 05:14 PM
Congratulations???

-ARIES-
Jul 5, 2003, 05:16 PM
I had tried 5 times in the past, and failed each time...

-_-

jediknight007
Jul 5, 2003, 05:27 PM
You know, it would have been much easier to use a Telepipe or Ryuker just outside the teleporter to the boss so that you don't have to go through the whole level again to just fight the boss.

-ARIES-
Jul 6, 2003, 01:02 AM
I've BEEN doing that!

Like I said before, I've got a level 40 RAmar on my friend's gamecube. I'm not completely new to this game.

-ARIES-
Jul 6, 2003, 01:07 AM
I was fighting De Rol Le with a level 15 RAmar armed with just a sissy little autogun, a saber, and less max. health than a RAmar in Version 1, so of course I died often. It was usually that damned laser attack that killed me. -_-

Dangerous55
Jul 6, 2003, 02:09 AM
On 2003-07-05 23:07, -ARIES- wrote:
I was fighting De Rol Le with a level 15 RAmar armed with just a sissy little autogun, a saber, and less max. health than a RAmar in Version 1, so of course I died often. It was usually that damned laser attack that killed me. -_-

On Normal?

Ness
Jul 6, 2003, 02:25 AM
Good job killing De Rol.

-ARIES-
Jul 6, 2003, 04:10 AM
Yes, on normal.
And thanks.. Took me long enough to finally bust his dolphin face off, then I just kicked his candy ass with a few Photon blasts.

GOD that thing's ugly. Looks worse than Nihilanth in Half Life.

...well, no. Nihilanth's uglier because he has a gigantic anal probe that makes him float, and it looks like his body was sewn together. Plus his gigantic head opens up to reveal a cone inside, and he likes throwing teleporter spheres at people that teleport them into bad places, and electric shock spread shots... And I can't tell which hole on his "face" is his mouth; they're all black holes that look the same. And he has three arms, and his legs are smaller and thinner than those of a Dark Belra -- no wonder he needs the floatie butt probe!
I'm too lazy to search for a picture of him, so I just described him; hopefully you people have enough of an imagination to picture this alien, known also as 'The Big Baby' because it does indeed look like a big baby... A gigantic baby.

Captain_Dude
Jul 6, 2003, 04:15 AM
On 2003-07-06 02:10, -ARIES- wrote:
Yes, on normal.
And thanks.. Took me long enough to finally bust his dolphin face off, then I just kicked his candy ass with a few Photon blasts.

GOD that thing's ugly. Looks worse than Nihilanth in Half Life.

...well, no. Nihilanth's uglier because he has a gigantic anal probe that makes him float, and it looks like his body was sewn together. Plus his gigantic head opens up to reveal a cone inside, and he likes throwing teleporter spheres at people that teleport them into bad places, and electric shock spread shots... And I can't tell which hole on his "face" is his mouth; they're all black holes that look the same. And he has three arms, and his legs are smaller and thinner than those of a Dark Belra -- no wonder he needs the floatie butt probe!
I'm too lazy to search for a picture of him, so I just described him; hopefully you people have enough of an imagination to picture this alien, known also as 'The Big Baby' because it does indeed look like a big baby... A gigantic baby.

Tha's a wonderful description you 'ave th'r. Way of puttin' into words that creature's look.

And congrats on killin' De Rol Le.

Can you tell I like the apostrophe?

Trickstr
Jul 6, 2003, 04:17 AM
n' i' c' w' y' a' boy?

Captain_Dude
Jul 6, 2003, 04:29 AM
On 2003-07-06 02:17, Trickstr wrote:
n' i' c' w' y' a' boy?

You're uisng apostrophes wrong, dammir. In my case, they're mainly used to show where a letter was ommitted, because I enjoy spelling things as how I might pronounce them.
Now use the apostrophe properly, it can be your best friend if used properly!

Gestiv
Jul 6, 2003, 04:47 PM
O' yeah? Th' 'postophe rocks!