PDA

View Full Version : S-Ranked Weapons

zerrith
Jul 5, 2003, 04:48 PM
I have a couple questions about the S-Ranked weapons.

1) What is the advantage? I have a spread needle and a friend showed me his S-Ranked needle. My spread needle had more attack power at +40 compared to his +70.

2) Do you find them? Or do you have to do something to another weapon to make it S-Ranked? (like use a special item on it)

VulpesMundi
Jul 6, 2003, 01:23 AM
The advantage of the S-rank weapons are that you get a weapon that you can personally customize. You get to choose a name and later add a special attack of your choosing (this feature is only available on the GC version currently, but will eventually be on the XB version). Generally the S-rank weapons begin weak, but can grind high and end up fairly strong. However, there's no way to legitimately add percents to S-ranks, so in that they can be lacking compared to other weapons.

S-rank weapons are earned by playing online challenge mode and clearing all nine stages cumulatively within less than seven hours. With this note it is currently not possible to earn S-rank weapons on the US XB version (and the EU version, I assume). Any S-ranks on the US version are hacks and/or dupes. And the S-rank Needle is unavailable on the GC version, as well.

Valleo
Jul 7, 2003, 09:47 AM
And now I have a question for you. On what system did you see that S rank Needle? Cause if it was on the Gamecube or Xbox it would be nice to know for sure that the weapon is still in the games coding even its not legitimately obtainable yet.

VulpesMundi
Jul 7, 2003, 12:09 PM
He's on the XB version, just check his info. However, I can already tell you that the S-rank Needle exists on both the GC and XB versions (along with fifteen more unreleased S-ranks on the GC version, for a total of 30 S-ranks on both versions). It just isn't available yet.

capin_bucky_ohair
Jul 11, 2003, 03:09 PM
I was going to ask does anyone know what are the s-rank weps that are out so far and if there are going to be anymore. Should I put C9 on hold if there are going be more s-ranks avaliable for the gamecube version of challenge mode.