PDA

View Full Version : Split-screen Online Mode?

KnucklesZ5
Jul 6, 2003, 07:23 AM
I've heard there is a way to get online with split-screen, is it true? And if so, how do you do it? I'm sorry if this question has been asked many times before.

chewbacca
Jul 6, 2003, 07:53 AM
no chance m8 only offline play shame though would have been fun

Indighost
Jul 6, 2003, 08:42 AM
I came up with the ingenious solution of using the broadband adaptor to create a lan, and then go online with friends, untill I realised you need said adaptor to get online.

I cried.

rena-ko
Jul 6, 2003, 08:49 AM
well, with a router two or more people could go online in the same time (both need game, console, bba, tv, memcard blablabla) and from the same room.

Nai_Calus
Jul 6, 2003, 10:39 AM
Why in blue hell would you want the split-screen crap? The aspect ratio is annoying with two players, and unless your TV is huge, it makes it difficult to see where you and other things are, because let's say you've got four people, and a 21" TV. Well, everyone's window is 10.5" diagonally. Tiny. Very tiny. You'll have a hard time seeing things. And if the TV you're using is smaller than that, that blows even more chunks. o.O; Try about 13", with three people... *shakes head* I suppose you want the limitations of split-screen too? Can't pipe up or move to a different area without everybody? Heh. Play with even one jerk and that gets old -real- fast. x.x

Wufei
Jul 6, 2003, 10:43 AM
As far as I know, it isn't possible. I wouldn't want to anyway, though. @_@ split screen is painful.

dropslash
Jul 6, 2003, 01:11 PM
i have the "dual cube/tv on a router" set up in my apt. it's hilarious.

lag does some silly, silly things.

umbrella
Jul 6, 2003, 01:44 PM
split screen is the best thing ever! I wodnering if you could go online SS.. but I guess not.. oh well..

kat
Jul 6, 2003, 02:39 PM
totally different mode conditions.

I too have played with two TVs and two gamecubes in one room through a router and a cable modem. Only a tiny bit of lag here and there, and it was fun to be able to be with someone playing for real as well. 'course besides the hardware specifications, each person would need an account.

I have a feeling that part of the purpose of this query was to see if perhaps there was a way to get more people online with one $8.95 a month....

umbrella
Jul 6, 2003, 03:05 PM
ooh that's cool, expensive, but cool.