PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard

umbrella
Jul 6, 2003, 12:19 PM
Can you can a keyboard on Gamecube? If so, where? How much are they?

Captain_Dude
Jul 6, 2003, 12:49 PM
Hmm... Look into the Datel Keyboard. It can be found in most games store, or you can just look for it online.
I know that some people have been making adaptors, but I dunno where to go for those. But if the Datel keyboard is too small, then you might wanna look for the adaptors.
And didn't I hear somewhere that the Datel has the wrong region setup thingy? That could make typing harder.

umbrella
Jul 6, 2003, 12:52 PM
oh allright.. I searched for a gamecube keyboard but it doesn't look like nintendo makes one.. so datel... how big is it? I'll just search for it..
I don't care how, I just want a keyboard.

Captain_Dude
Jul 6, 2003, 12:59 PM
I've no idea how big it is. I, myself, use Xbox...

But it's supposed to be noticeably smaller than the average keyboard. I hear sometimes people end up hitting more than one button. Nothing to bad.

Micah
Jul 6, 2003, 01:05 PM
i wish GC had voice

umbrella
Jul 6, 2003, 01:05 PM
Datel seems to be only for dreamcast..
I'm looking for GC.. hmm maybe if someone with a GC could help me out here.

Micah
Jul 6, 2003, 01:07 PM
i have a gamecube

Micah
Jul 6, 2003, 01:14 PM
as for GC keyboards.. umm.. id have to look them up in stores. or e-bay. they have everything there. thats where i got PSO anyways.. but as for an official one by nintendo.. so far no plans are set up for one. but they are working on the next nintendo console (yay!)

umbrella
Jul 6, 2003, 01:18 PM
yeah GC needs voice.. although it's annoying sometimes because no one can understand you.. I personally like typing more, mainly because I type fast than I talk.. But.. yeah.. I have a DC keyboard and was wondering if there is an adapter.. I dono.. it's frusterating online to type like in that little window.. People ask if you want free items.. then by the time you say yes, they've left..

Micah
Jul 6, 2003, 01:23 PM
i just checked ebay, good news buddy, 7 keyboards up for bids, for gamecube, brand new.. but on a downside, your looking at $80 for a keyboard. and $20 for the adaptor too. less if your lucky.

on a more personal note my isp has kicked my 56k connection off the internet 3 f$*#ing D*#n times in the last f$*#ing hour! oh well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Micah on 2003-07-06 11:25 ]</font>

umbrella
Jul 6, 2003, 01:46 PM
ahh damnit.. there's no way I'm paying 100 bucks for a keyboard...
life's a b!tch..

LamerPanda
Jul 6, 2003, 01:50 PM
Datel does make a Gamecube keyboard.

http://us.codejunkies.com/shop/product.asp?c=US&cr=USD&cs=$&r=0&l=1&ProdID=167&CountryID=US

The small one you were talking about earlier is the ASCII controller/keyboard.

http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=2868

Personally, I got a Playstation controller/keyboard converter and bought a cheap keyboard at Staples.

http://www.play-asia.com/paos-13-70b8004c.html

Some of the keys are in the wrong places (I haven't figured out where the apostrophe is yet), but all the letters and numbers seem to work, so it's fine as long as you don't use many contractions. o_o;

umbrella
Jul 6, 2003, 02:11 PM
ooh nice man, thanks!

Naylor007
Jul 7, 2003, 09:01 PM
On the ascii controller the apostrophe is on the 7. By the way if you do get a keyboard for GC, DO NOT get the datel board, it is a serious piece of @#!&. The keys stick and it lags real bad.