PDA

View Full Version : Which duped weapons do we hate most?

AYY-BEE-CEE
Jul 6, 2003, 12:57 PM
I get really sick of all these uber-rare dupes being carried around by rookie players who won't play the game properly (my I must be the only one (sarcasm)).

So I think we should vote on which is the most annoying dupe currently being used of gc (and xbox I guess) pso. Of course I couldn't fit every duped weapon, but here are a few.

*Reasons*
SPREAD NEEDLE/HEAVEN'S PUNISHER - both alike in they hit all the enemies with little effort, they were loathed in Dreamcast versions for being far too strong but the power has been decreased in the new versions.
FROZEN SHOOTER/SNOW QUEEN - Freeze enemies instantly and with no effort, even more annoying when it comes from a level 30 RAmar firing the thing.
LAVIS CANNON/LAVIS BLADE/DOUBLE CANNON - far too powerful, especially in the hands of noobish dupe-users who made no effort in getting the thing, the weapon wipes out everything instantly.
DARK BRIDGE/DARK METEOR/DARK FLOW - how annoying it is to see someone boast having this very rare weapon which should be very rare and seldom seen in the hands of a player.
STRIKER OF CHAO - now don't tell me you made this yourself, you sacrificed a chao mag just to make your force weapon a little stronger? Somehow I don't think so, I wouldn't. We all know where you really got it.
TSUKIMURI J-SWORD/SEALED J-SWORD - Oh why I've seen this far too many times, especially on level 30-something HUmars, please put it away.
BLACK KING BAR - Universally hated, it's too powerful, too common, and it's about it time it was tossed on the scrap-pile.
FORCE WITH LEVEL 30 TECHNIQUES - Please stop, you're putting us legit forces out of business, you're killing every enemy with your rafoie and you kill the mere hunters in battle mode with your so-not-legit Megid Level 30.
OTHER WEAPON/CHOICE - I haven't mentioned Sange Yasha or Rainbow Baton and the likes, vote this and inform the thread of another loathed dupe.

Sai-Yuk
Jul 6, 2003, 01:12 PM
why can't people just devote their efforts to duping the sabre you start with as a hunter?

when the markets flooded with imitations of those, instead, then we can all live happily ever after.

personally, i hate liars more than dupers, but... i guess i would say spread needle, seeing as it was always a little cheap.

ChibiMyu
Jul 6, 2003, 02:15 PM
I'm gonna vote BKB because this level 30 humar was driving me crazy with one last night. Get over it already... ARGH! That's the most annoying thing in the HU class. For the RAs it's spread needles. I've used spread needles on and off since ver 1, but when I feel liking using one, I do it OFFLLINE. Ok, I admit I did xfer a bunch of tech disks I found to my fonewearl, but most of them are in the 20-25 range. Still, whenever I go into a hard game, I'm never the one assigned to s/d and j/z. Instead it's that FO with the psychowand and level 30 everything. Could you at least let me borrow the wand to increase my rafoie power... please?

And why does it seem like you always end up playing with characters of you own class?! Last night I played 2 games full of hunters, and a few nights ago it was all forces.

DukeElrond
Jul 9, 2003, 12:50 AM
Yeah, I've noticed in GC mostly that there's less of a distribution of character classes in games. It's either all HUs or all FOs, or HU/RAs, or something like that. I wonder if it has anything to do with the way classes were rebalanced.

As far as duping goes, as long as its not someone who shouts "LoL!!!1!!111" every five seconds and steals all the exp without even leting you get a raf in, I don't mind it much. But that guy with the BKB was annoying. >_<;;

Vampiric_1
Jul 9, 2003, 02:24 AM
I'm at Lv. 98 with my Yellowboze HUcaseal right now, preparing to go online, and I've been workin' my ass off to get some of the items these people seem to be duping (I just found out what duping was yesterday). Now, can I look forward to getting flamed every time I pull a rare weapon out, even though I really earned it myself? I mean, I've created several extra characters, spent hours calculating their SecID's so that I could get the items I wanted, etc. etc. etc. so that I can finally achieve these items, but if I am gonna get flamed for having them, then I might just forget about buying the broadband adapter right now. I've never even met a duper, and I hate them already. They make us honest players look bad..........

evil_zeiram
Jul 9, 2003, 04:49 AM
ya know, i have a 140 hunter and im stuck either uber item less for him or trying to trade a duper. oh and isn't THAT a waste of time. just two nights ago i was in a room with 3 Humars and they all whip out there tj swords. meanwhile im stuck doing in the 400s TOPS! with my punny sawd...... i'll be honest tho. i want'm. sorry just being honest.in a sense thier ALL annoying, and my reason for that is that i can't find any of them despite haveing 3 ult capable chars.

Daikarin
Jul 9, 2003, 07:10 AM
I hate needlers. They usually hit everyone on the room, and drink all the experience. That's one of the few things I hate on the game.

Logical2u
Jul 9, 2003, 07:19 AM
Let me put it this way. BKBs are common, ON VHARD, I've only seen 1 heaven punisher, but the ones I've seen the most of, and what I want the most, are those YAS!

happyalloy
Jul 9, 2003, 11:59 AM
I would think lvl 30 techs on a FO and the freezing ability of SQ would be useful in a team... I use my lvl 30 techs to support my team and keep them alive (j/z gives exp too); and my RAmarl uses her Snow Queen to keep Bringers from killing distracted HUs and FOs... and despite all the dupes I have, I DO have a legit striker of chao that I raised the mag by myself and used it on a branch that I found by myself before I got my USB controller. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

However, I understand the anger at experience hogs who use their dupes to be unfair. Just make friends and explain the rules of exp sharing, and then no matter what is used (since most weps, even uber rares, cannot kill in one hit) everyone will get exp. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

RoninJoku
Jul 9, 2003, 03:55 PM
i personally hate going someplace for a challenge such as the seabed or ruins on ult and some lvl 80 character comes in with a snow queen and freezes everything! >_< I used to own a legit frozen shooter spread needle and yas9000m that i used in combination (funny they are the 3 biggest duped RA weps -_-) Frankly I was slightly glad when i lost the needle and frozen to bsod... They were making the game too easy!

kat
Jul 9, 2003, 05:21 PM
I don't hate the items, its the way they're used. Most of the BKB users shouldn't be able to equip the thing for levels, and then are killing everything in the room in one hit before my legit character can get a hit in.... Same with most of the dupe users. They make it hard on the normal players to play the game, and thus build up the resentment.

Hate the action that steals the experience and kills everything in the room, not the dupe

Sham
Jul 9, 2003, 06:46 PM
On 2003-07-09 15:21, kat wrote:
I don't hate the items, its the way they're used. Most of the BKB users shouldn't be able to equip the thing for levels, and then are killing everything in the room in one hit before my legit character can get a hit in.... Same with most of the dupe users. They make it hard on the normal players to play the game, and thus build up the resentment.

Hate the action that steals the experience and kills everything in the room, not the dupe

Exactly. But sometimes you can't help but dislike the dupe that's causing the BS. As for me, I don't like BKB's and TJ-Swords. They make Normal/Hard/Very Hard open games impossible because of how overpowered they are. And no one was supposed to have either of the items in anything but Ultimate Mode.

-ARIES-
Jul 10, 2003, 04:09 AM
You won't need to worry about ME running around with an uber-rare item I "duped" -- if I ever get a hunter's license... I'm not going to use any duped items; I'm going to earn things the traditional way: beating the crap out of everything in sight until I get the item I'm after.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -ARIES- on 2003-07-10 02:17 ]</font>

-ARIES-
Jul 10, 2003, 04:18 AM
Using items I earned earlier using the same method.

-ARIES-
Jul 10, 2003, 04:23 AM
(Off-topic)

This kicks ASS.. I've learned every single technique in the game except for Grants, and I'm using a RAmar. I've got Version 2, though. They changed the items quite a bit. A Ranger in Version 2 will even get Reverser!

Trickstr
Jul 10, 2003, 04:24 AM
I hate Duped varitas.

-ARIES-
Jul 10, 2003, 04:33 AM
(Off-Topic)

I can't decide if I'm either very stupid or extremely bored.. I'm fighting hordes of Claws with absolutely NOTHING equipped... No mags, no shields, not even a weapon! Just kicking and punching the bastards to death!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -ARIES- on 2003-07-10 02:34 ]</font>

Trickstr
Jul 10, 2003, 05:17 AM
neither i do it for fun!

Easy_C
Jul 10, 2003, 05:16 PM
its amazing u know, i actually traded sum of my items for an unhacked j-sword, i was shocked but also happy cos unhacked j-swords r pretty rare, especially with dupers goin round. hehehehe

AzNrarehunter
Jul 10, 2003, 08:20 PM
i really hate it was that a lvl 1 force kicked my god damned lvl 110 RAcast in a battle mode. no fucking way a lvl 1 force can use high lvl magic. i did call microsoft and told them about that problem. i hate all of the items on psox before gallon shop was completed.now i got a legit snow queen and legit black king bar. what's not cool is the al rappys and those badges people been talking about and those sonic, xbox, gamecube, and elona mags people been asking. i say it's bull cuz they do not exist. i wish i could be a microsoft or sonic team representative and ban their sorry asses

RoninJoku
Jul 12, 2003, 01:36 PM
On 2003-07-10 02:24, Trickstr wrote:
I hate Duped varitas.

YEAH!!! what the hell is with those duped varistas?!?! >_< JEEZ!!! =D

Reece
Jul 12, 2003, 03:38 PM
Level 30 techs no doubt. I get all these noobs using them and hoging all the exp. I can never level my new character with these fags. Another thing I hate are any Satos (lv 200 Hacked MST)

Reece
Jul 12, 2003, 03:46 PM
On 2003-07-10 15:16, Easy_C wrote:
its amazing u know, i actually traded sum of my items for an unhacked j-sword, i was shocked but also happy cos unhacked j-swords r pretty rare, especially with dupers goin round. hehehehe

Uh It's a hack, How do you know it's legit? Did the guy tell you it was. Sorry but it's a dupe, No one knows how to unseal the Sealed J-Sword anyways...

Artemidorus
Jul 12, 2003, 04:21 PM
Hey, i don't play online yet (ut I aspire to!) I was wondering if the real Agito is a real kill in the duper dept. I found a legit one just the other day and I don't want criticism about it being duped, ya know?

Reece
Jul 12, 2003, 06:08 PM
hmmm Never seen a duped one It's not a big duped item so don't worry too much

Firocket1690
Jul 18, 2003, 03:49 AM
most of the Agitos are not duped, except for the oldest one 1975, the one that turns into the OROagito ...

nd most of you can forget about lvl 80 HUmars whippin out the ubers ...

lvl 42 HUmar, DC mag, 4x God/Pow... waltzes in and shredded VH ruins

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2003-07-18 08:35 ]</font>

Captain_Bob
Jul 18, 2003, 11:33 PM
Again comes the issue of me being possibly the only PSOW member who's never played online...

WHAT DO YOU GUYS MEAN MEAN BY DUPING AND HACKING???

EliteDragoon
Jul 19, 2003, 11:00 AM
legit is the way to go

JGaff
Jul 19, 2003, 01:39 PM
I've never played online with my character (A friend does have Xbox Live! however).

Duping and item is making a copy of it and spreading it around the gameplay and thus decreasing it rarity and value.

Hacking is when people install Mod chips into their Xbox's and start bringing out items that hadn't previously existed.

In short, Duping and hacking have ruined PSO to a certain extent. There will always be fun to have with one's friends, but when playing online with strangers, be wary.

*Hates lvl 1 FO's with 30 techs*

~Jgaff~

jt
Jul 19, 2003, 03:08 PM
im legit force and i have all level 30 spells well only some of them are level 30 cause i have a god/tech on but p-wand is for nOObs whether they can figure it out or not... i say Sorcerer's Cane is the best cause it looks tight,reduces soem tp cost and increases mid level spells which are my personal favorite. AND TO ALL U knOObs WHO CANT PLAY THIS GAME RIGHT U CAN SUCK MY **** CAUSE U GUYS SUCK

Guile
Jul 19, 2003, 03:32 PM
I love them all equally.