PDA

View Full Version : "YES" or "NO" ???

brillyfresh
Jul 6, 2003, 02:16 PM
i am starting to get sick of people not giving straight answers to a simple question

i ask my boss simple questions all the time "Do we have any _____ left?" "Are we open on so-and-so date?"

he always gets pissy, saying "Why are you asking me? Why don't you go look? What do I look like, Mr. Know-It-All?" (imagine that coming from my heavily-accented Lebanese boss)

all i wanted to hear was "Yes" or "No" or even "I don't know", not some drawn out response detailing their hashed theory about my simple question, or some reprimand for asking the question in the first place, because i asked the question to save me the time of finding out for myself ... if i can find what i'm looking for just by asking the question, then i wouldn't need to waste his time and mine by milling around

who has this problem with people?

Guile
Jul 6, 2003, 03:00 PM
Yeah bosses can be a pain in the ass....
hell anyone can when they just won't give a straight upfront answer

Jehosaphaty
Jul 6, 2003, 09:47 PM
agreed, agreed...almost as bad is the why question. a friend of mines sister always used to ask me this wenever i wanted her brother. drove me nuts. who cares why? just givem the fone u fool. ugh, but yeah, i cant stand people not givin straightup answers either.

Ness
Jul 7, 2003, 07:02 AM
I agree. Why is it that people give such indirect answers when a simple "yes" or "no" is all that's necessary?

Wewt
Jul 7, 2003, 08:00 AM
Some people get pissed off at me because I only give them direct answers.

Daikarin
Jul 7, 2003, 12:10 PM
I've had my share of that. I ask something, and instead of a reply, someone even jokes on the question. Sometimes they answer ironically, but not kidding.
Luckily that's in the past, where I had some problems with idiots. I've learned not to deal with that kind of people. And IF you must deal, don't worry about their stupid reply.

CGoodness
Jul 7, 2003, 03:50 PM
my brother is always like that to me ;_;