PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever played Shadowrun?

RedRage
Jul 6, 2003, 09:41 PM
Am I the only person who has played Shadowrun? I still play the Sega Genesis version and I do the whole pen and paper thing. It's to bad I have nobody to play with.

Ness
Jul 7, 2003, 07:16 AM
I played it about 100 years ago.

Tsukishima-Ruriko
Jul 7, 2003, 02:24 PM
I played both the SNES and Genesis versions, but have never been exposed to the actual pen & paper game. ;_;

rena-ko
Jul 9, 2003, 06:13 AM
i played the snes version... as ... an... emu... well ^-^;
and at one point i simply had no more time for it. but it as a quite nice and interesting game.

Saladwood
Jul 9, 2003, 06:24 AM
I've played it on china airlines a few times but never owned it myself

Tenran
Jul 9, 2003, 08:10 AM
I have the table-top pen & paper version, but it's been years since I actually played Shadowrun...

CajunSamurai
Jul 9, 2003, 08:55 AM
It's rare that I get together with a group of my geeky friends to play it, but when I do, I LOVE it.
Pencil and paper RPG'ing may be the stereotypical ultimate geek hobby, but... hmm, I dunno, maybe it's 'cause a lot of my friends are actors, but I always have a freakin' BLAST... Role playing is one of the few times where I can let my imagination run crazy.
I love the whole atmosphere of Shadowrun, as well... Megacorporations, hackers, espionage... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif And it's the only place where I can talk about "Mister Johnson" without people laughing at me.

Peshk
Jul 19, 2003, 04:22 AM
Both the Sega and the SNES version as videogames and the pen and paper version. It has been great times when I have been able to sit down with some friends and play some Shadowrun, as well as weird memories. Such as the time they let the newcomers to the game ride in a motorbike ahead of the main group, when they perfectly well knew the road was mined. Talk about an initiation. And it is one of the games where the concept is not that you are a great hero or adventurer or anything like that. You are just a runner trying to survive a little, and that sometimes means stabbing, gunning, hitting, throwing grenades, and many other things at enemies and sometimes "allies".

And ditto on the "Mr Johnson" line.