PDA

View Full Version : Does size effect speed?

cutestduochan
Jul 7, 2003, 05:30 AM
umm...simple question...does it? My roommate and I both have Redria, but his is about half the size of mine. We both tried swinging the same sword and his is faster than mine! Is this some odd little quirk or an actual game stat??

rena-ko
Jul 7, 2003, 05:48 AM
he has either a few more levels than your redria or he's using a battle-slot item.

do you mean a single simple-attack or a full combo? there could also be the problem, he's a better timing with combos than you are.

cutestduochan
Jul 7, 2003, 07:17 AM
when we made our chars, we made sure all things were equal with our characters, because he was going to be my mini-me. I noticed around lv7 he was noticably faster at swinging a saber then me. We tested this when we were both still the same lv.(15 I think...may have been a little higher, but before 20). We hadn't even heard of the battle slots yet. I actually found the first one in our group and gave it to him just to see how much faster he would get. You should have seen him swing the Dragon Slayer...wow! but I digress(sp?) We even took turns doing full combos with eachothers chars and his hunter swung a Sword weapon as fast as mine did a Saber. We were like "WTF??" We tried various different things but all things being equal his char was faster! We thought maybe size was the difference or maybe just a game glitch...what do you think??

CorneliusPower
Jul 7, 2003, 08:25 AM
No glitch...you 2 may be the same lvl but not same class...hucast, humar, hunewearl....do the math before you post..please.

cutestduochan
Jul 7, 2003, 08:38 AM
When I said all things equal I meant all things but the size! Including class! BOTH are HUmar! He is just half my size. Mine was named Squall His was Spectre(not sure on his spelling). and I am supposed to do the math?? He was my Mini-me! note Austin Powers reference...how do you make a HUcast look EXACTLY like a HUmar, only 1/2 the size?? not possible...I'm just going to chalk it up to game glitch. forget I posted this how can it be deleted?

CGoodness
Jul 7, 2003, 10:34 AM
It's probably just one of you has better combo timing or something. My HUcast has both a devil and a god battle equipped so I have to actually hit the button as fast as i can to do a combo lol.

K9999
Jul 7, 2003, 12:28 PM
On 2003-07-07 08:34, CGoodness wrote:
It's probably just one of you has better combo timing or something. My HUcast has both a devil and a god battle equipped so I have to actually hit the button as fast as i can to do a combo lol.

LOL they don't stack....

NeiLast
Jul 7, 2003, 12:49 PM
Interesting. So they are the same class, same everything basically and the small one swings faster?

Did you try playing each other's char (you controlling his and vice versa) to see if it was the human element or not?

I'm very skeptical, but maybe it is true? If it is then maybe other things are changed to account for the difference (weapon reach?).

If you are positive that the human element isn't to blame, and that the characters are otherwise the same (same weapon, level, etc) then someone else should look into it and verify it or disprove it, rather than just say you are full of it.

Auracom
Jul 7, 2003, 02:00 PM
lol thats really odd.

Try this you take both characters into multimode. Make sure you line up side by side. You take both controllers. Lay them flat on any surface. Hit the attack button at the same time. Just you, not him. The only thing that I can think of has already been said. Its your timing vs his.

CGoodness
Jul 7, 2003, 02:53 PM
On 2003-07-07 10:28, K9999 wrote:

On 2003-07-07 08:34, CGoodness wrote:

LOL they don't stack....

they don't? Crap, I'm wasting a slot!

cutestduochan
Jul 7, 2003, 04:45 PM
On 2003-07-07 10:49, NeiLast wrote:
... someone else should look into it and verify it or disprove it, rather than just say you are full of it.

If someone has the time and slots I would be very grateful to find out. The reach theory does make sense though. What would be a good way to test that out?

Iroxxerjooazz
Jul 7, 2003, 09:14 PM
Heh dont take this as an offense re-mark. But mabye your just crazy lol. You may of swung the same just mabye you thought he swung faster so your brain me it so you saw him swing faster. I think that makes sence

rena-ko
Jul 8, 2003, 08:27 AM
hm... i have a really low level hunewearl:
Rena lvl 007
then i have - as a joke-chara - her shorter version (like she was on dreamcast) on another memcard.

you think this will do? bring Renako (said shorter version) to level 7, load both up in multimode and test it while having both charas nothing but a saber equipped?

hm, i'll do that in the near future, just for a laugh or something...

Aimee
Jul 8, 2003, 08:54 AM
size does'nt matter......lol

Dhylec
Jul 8, 2003, 01:36 PM
On 2003-07-08 06:54, Aimee wrote:

it's how u use 'em http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif <-- heheh.. cliche is fun! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

VioletSkye
Jul 8, 2003, 02:28 PM
On 2003-07-08 11:36, Dhylec wrote:

On 2003-07-08 06:54, Aimee wrote:

it's how u use 'em http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif <-- heheh.. cliche is fun! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

LOL http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Reenee
Jul 8, 2003, 02:30 PM
The only real place where your character size matters is those smashing pistons you see in Caves, and the VR Stages. The smaller you are, the less time you have to wait to get through. =3

rena-ko
Jul 9, 2003, 10:15 AM
size doesnt matter.
renako is ne foot/head smaller than rena, both are lvl 7 now and swing a identical saber the same speed.

i dont gonna check that on a higher level, since they finished their combo at the exact same time.

cutestduochan
Jul 9, 2003, 11:06 AM
cool! well I guess that settles that one!:D