PDA

View Full Version : Should we have to pay 10 bucks to play PSO?

EliteDragoon
Jul 7, 2003, 09:46 AM
Should we have to pay 10 bucks to play PSO i say we should not cause its not online only.post why we should or why we should not and vote yes or no

Duder_Cooter
Jul 7, 2003, 09:58 AM
Who would honestly say yes?

Ness
Jul 7, 2003, 10:14 AM
No especially since our money is going to patch and update the Japanese servers. Also the have to pay much less than we do.

pixelate
Jul 7, 2003, 04:18 PM
We shouldn't, and I haven't for a couple months.

Deathscythealpha
Jul 7, 2003, 04:57 PM
Definately no. I havent bothered to pay to play online cause i dont feel its worth it for that sort of game. I think most of the UK feels that way too, as i understand theres not actually many UK players at the mo.

Kid_Icarus
Jul 7, 2003, 04:57 PM
I like how the XBox version is an extra 50$ to even play it if you don't already have XBox live. But most of the people who get it already do.'

Version 1 on DC was free here while JP players paid for it.

And 10$ is a lot cheaper than some other Online RPG's like Star Wars Galaxies.

LamerPanda
Jul 7, 2003, 05:14 PM
On 2003-07-07 08:14, Ness wrote:
No especially since our money is going to patch and update the Japanese servers.

You could always play on those servers. o_o

Kid_Icarus
Jul 7, 2003, 05:19 PM
On 2003-07-07 15:14, LamerPanda wrote:

On 2003-07-07 08:14, Ness wrote:
No especially since our money is going to patch and update the Japanese servers.

You could always play on those servers. o_o

Actually on the rare occasions I play PSO, that's all I play on..since there aren't any US servers for the version I have ^^;

*runs*

JGaff
Jul 7, 2003, 05:30 PM
The game is called Phantasy Star ONline. It is supposed to be played online. The main issue is that they make it too impractical for a teenager like myself to get online and play it becuase of money issues, parents, etc. If they wanted to do society a favor, they'd have come up with a way to get online easily. I wouldn't mind shelling out another $50 if I could get online for a good 4 months and have a way to get back online for other online GC games. buying a $70 modem adapter or broadband adapter is far too much for just 1 game.

~JGaff~

Vantamiath
Jul 7, 2003, 06:02 PM
I'm assuming the original post is on the XBOX version, because you don't HAVE to pay-to-play on the GC version (offline, of course).

I, do pay the fee every month, but I don't think I can speak as a whole whether or not you/we should have to pay a fee (9 bones at that) to play PSO online.

I do however, have a simple solution(s)-both of which suck.

1) Get a job if you don't have one.

2) Quit playing PSO online.

Both are brutal...I'll let you decide.

Of course the third option is having either loaded/generous parents who pay your monthly fee.

Sai-Yuk
Jul 7, 2003, 06:54 PM
xbox live is required for me to play PSOX offline, so i've been told.

broadband isn't yet possible to aquire in this area, and you require it for xbox live.

yay for england.

i think i'll just buy a cheap cube and get PSO for it.

i don't see myself playing online, after all.

umbrella
Jul 7, 2003, 07:06 PM
I choose the path less traveled..

GnomeSlayer
Jul 7, 2003, 07:15 PM
I'm planning on playing DC version 1, so I guess I should choose we shouldn't have to pay $10.

Guile
Jul 7, 2003, 09:10 PM
No, that's why I don't play anymore!

ginko990
Jul 7, 2003, 09:34 PM
Id say 4.45 sounds about right.

umbrella
Jul 7, 2003, 09:46 PM
yeah they should lower the price, but then again.. they have to make money off the internet too or else they wouldn't do it.

Rated_Lexxx
Jul 8, 2003, 06:46 AM
Hey with out the payments patches would come less and less sooner. I liek you have to have x-box live to play off line. It makes so you have to get patches to plaY (ah ah ah no cheating)

WindMastaJin
Jul 8, 2003, 06:53 AM
Hmm well I would have to say no. But to support all the patches and matience money is in great need.

satoshi1
Jul 8, 2003, 07:13 AM
I don't like the whole idea of paying $10 a month... Why should I have to? Especially if I don't have to right now to enjoy the online content.

JGaff wrote:

buying a $70 modem adapter or broadband adapter is far too much for just 1 game.

$70!? Where do you live??? The BBA or MA are only $35!

CivX
Jul 8, 2003, 07:16 AM
I don't see why paying 10 bucks a month is a *bad* thing. You pay for their servers bandwith, as well as new content that gets released.

If that's too much money, go get a job.

Jack
Jul 8, 2003, 07:41 AM
I used to earn £6 (UK Hunter's Licence price) in two hours of work at my old job. Two hours of work, for a potential 720 hours of fun.

ChuchuRocket
Jul 8, 2003, 09:07 AM
why pay for a game that barely gets patched. has so many damned bugs,no in game type of GM(game master) or CSR(customer service rep.).

GuerillaPimp
Jul 8, 2003, 09:14 AM
I don't see why paying 10 bucks a month is a *bad* thing. You pay for their servers bandwith, as well as new content that gets released.

Im most likely wrong about this, but i remember someone saying that we dont actually "play" on sega's servers. The only time we use sega's servers, is when we first connet to the visual lobby. Once you create a team however, your basically having a LAN party. That is system to system (to system to system).

Wufei
Jul 8, 2003, 09:38 AM
I think it's bogus how the Xbox version requires you to buy Xbox Live and a Hunter's License before you can even play it offline.

As for the monthly fee, maybe it would be more justified if SonicTeam wasn't sitting on their hands. Ooh, there's a new anti-dupe patch, yeehaw. :|

CivX
Jul 8, 2003, 09:55 AM
On 2003-07-08 07:14, GuerillaPimp wrote:

Im most likely wrong about this, but i remember someone saying that we dont actually "play" on sega's servers. The only time we use sega's servers, is when we first connet to the visual lobby. Once you create a team however, your basically having a LAN party. That is system to system (to system to system).

Yes, but you're STILL using their bandwith! And consider how many lobbies there are http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

And Wufei, that patch STOPPED (well, unless you have action replay or a modchip) duping! Christ, what else do you want?

Rated_Lexxx
Jul 8, 2003, 10:07 AM
It sounds like a bunch of cheapskates play this game. ITS FREAKIN TEN DOLLARS. We got a patch sounds like new online content is coming. This new anti duping patch is probably the greatest thing that segateam has done.

Wufei
Jul 8, 2003, 11:44 AM
And Wufei, that patch STOPPED (well, unless you have action replay or a modchip) duping! Christ, what else do you want?
Heheh. I would expect a patch for such a huge bug like that even if we were'nt paying $8.95 a month. My main gripe is about having to pay to play offline.

Iroxxerjooazz
Jul 8, 2003, 04:54 PM
What??? Of course we should have too. Not everything or anything will be free in life. Its only 10 bucks that is nothing. I can make that in a day. Servers arent free you know. So yes if you would like to keep playing PSO then you should pay because if you didn't pay Sega would lose alot of money and they would shut it down after awhile because of funds.

gamerdell7
Jul 8, 2003, 05:54 PM
They should at least make the fee cheaper... also add a sort of pre-paid game cards.

Kenshin008
Jul 8, 2003, 09:07 PM
I say something like 30 dollars a year or something. That would be awesome.

Kenshin008
Jul 8, 2003, 09:19 PM
So it's true that you have to having xbox live and a hunter's license just to play PSO offline??? WTF is up with that?

K9999
Jul 8, 2003, 09:22 PM
On 2003-07-07 07:46, EliteDragoon wrote:
Should we have to pay 10 bucks to play PSO i say we should not cause its not online only.post why we should or why we should not and vote yes or no

Your parents are paying for it so why do YOU care? Jesus christ

Sedyne
Jul 8, 2003, 11:12 PM
On 2003-07-07 19:34, ginko990 wrote:
Id say 4.45 sounds about right.

Right on homie G!

Fo SHizzle my nizzle telophizzle!

Vandule
Jul 8, 2003, 11:18 PM
You pay $10 a month get over it. Server and bandwidth costs money you pay for that. You pay for them to add stuff. that is why you pay $10.

umbrella
Jul 8, 2003, 11:40 PM
On 2003-07-08 19:22, K9999 wrote:

On 2003-07-07 07:46, EliteDragoon wrote:

Your parents are paying for it so why do YOU care? Jesus christ

lol I know.. most kids are little spoiled people that they have their parents buy everything for them..
personally I have to do everything on my own except food and shelter.
my friend has a hunters licence and gamecube and everything and he never even uses it..

Mixfortune
Jul 9, 2003, 12:15 AM
Just make the game $300 off the bat http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

EDIT- And...erm... why is the fact that it's not online only mean we shouldn't pay? You'd think it would be the opposite way O_o
Also, p2p can also be used somewhat as a deterent to people who just log on to do nothing but mess around with people and be jerks...like in RO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2003-07-08 22:19 ]</font>