PDA

View Full Version : POLL: FOmar VS Humar (ULT)

Weaponslash
Jul 7, 2003, 12:48 PM
Who is better and why?A wannabe Humar like Fomar or a pure hunter like Humar.Do you people here think that level 15+ techs which are accesible for Fomar are really that good or schould someone go with Swords and Pistols?Help is appreciated

Weaponslash
Jul 7, 2003, 01:31 PM
I forgot to mention that i have a level 200 mag with with 151 POW so i can help Fomars weakness

Nai_Calus
Jul 7, 2003, 02:24 PM
The FOmar is, unquestionably, superior to the HUmar at high levels. I have a L103 HUmar and a L68 FOmar, and the FOmar destroys the caves better than the HUmar, and at a level when my HUmar was slowly poking his way through Ult Caves hiding in the door with a crappy Raygun. FOmar just whips out his techs and destroys things from across the room, for the same kind of damage the HUmar now does with his Orotiagito. Now, if we talk about physical power, the HUmar is likely better, if only because he has access to the full range of Hunter weapons, and good DFP and HP. Granted, high-level Jellen and Deband will remove pretty much all threats, but the HUmar's max ATP blows the FOmar's away. Then again, HUmar doesn't have S/D at -any- level. *shrug*

Weaponslash
Jul 8, 2003, 12:10 PM
Thanks Ian Knux i will give it a try

Elite_Pyro69
Jul 8, 2003, 02:40 PM
U guys Suk dik. Hiding in doorways with handguns is newbish for Humars no matter what lvl. Ur a disgrace to Humars. Get a Diaka or special disaka . Damn.

LALA LALA LALA LALA ELMO'S WORLD...

Mirian
Jul 8, 2003, 02:43 PM
It depends on the style of gameplay the player likes. Obviously, if someone hates magic and likes using swords and weapons like that in a game, the player will fail as a Fomar. And vice-versa.

Jacko
Jul 8, 2003, 02:53 PM
Diaka? LOL.

Lilknitemarethug
Jul 8, 2003, 03:09 PM
Hey man i effing agree with Elitepyro even if im a ranger i like going up to monster s and sowrd them. hiding is no doubt newbish.

Lilknitemarethug
Jul 8, 2003, 03:11 PM
Hey jacko add and ff to yer name and you get what u do at night

Elite_Pyro69
Jul 8, 2003, 03:14 PM
I am competent with magic myself i have a force myself but u cant just hide

Nai_Calus
Jul 8, 2003, 04:01 PM
On 2003-07-08 12:40, Elite_Pyro69 wrote:
U guys Suk dik. Hiding in doorways with handguns is newbish for Humars no matter what lvl. Ur a disgrace to Humars. Get a Diaka or special disaka . Damn.

No, newbish is running into the room with your Tsumikiri J-Sword or BKB+80 or whatever duped crap you have and getting killed like a lamer. At L63 in Ult Caves for the first time, I had a Raygun and a Gladius, and things could still kill me in one hit. It would have been the height of newbie stupidity to run in and start hacking at things. And a Diska is a poor choice of weapon for most things. Especially a horde of Vulmers coming at you, or those Ob Lillies... Slicers move you foward, which is usually a bad thing if you're underlevelled. Handguns don't change your position. Under the circumstances the smartest thing I could have done would have been pretty much what I was doing. Pick off the Ob Lillies, run in, gather things into a clump, J/Z them, leave the room, then return and start shooting. A nice high-hit Gatling or Vulcan would have been prefferable to the 35% Hit Raygun I was using, but I didn't have access to such a thing then. *shrug* Obviously now I just pick off the Obs with my Red Handgun, and then run in and start railing on things with my Red Partisan or Orotiagito, I've got the HP and such to back it up, but back then running in with my Gladius would have been stupid. >P ...And the Rappy's Fan I've been carrying around for ages is better than a Diska anyways. Slicers are still a foolish choice in most situations.

Daikarin
Jul 8, 2003, 04:43 PM
*reads posts above*

...I really need to get a FOmar one of these days. I just don't because I've been a HUmar ever since the DC version... I don't know if my gameplay could fit to that of a FOmar.

Kanore
Jul 8, 2003, 05:18 PM
On 2003-07-08 12:40, Elite_Pyro69 wrote:

Learn how to spell, learn how to play, and please get rid of your dupes.

FOmars are equal or no less stronger than HUmars at points... HUmars may be able to dish out more damage online, but FOmars have all the strength On and Offline.

Delsaber
Jul 8, 2003, 05:25 PM
Wow, Lilknitemarethug123456789 and Elite_Pyro69 seem to be the same person. Nice name(s) by the way.

Bit
Jul 8, 2003, 06:30 PM
Using a Handgun as a HUmar isn't Newbish .. it's actually using Strategy. I save many Antiparalysis, picking off Ob Lily's with my Bravace. And I also save time when picking off Nano Dragons which love to fly away.

As said before, learn the strategy of the game.

Soukosa
Jul 8, 2003, 06:31 PM
On 2003-07-08 12:53, Jacko wrote:
Diaka? LOL.

Slicers are so underrated. If one knows how to use them correctly, they can own a group of enemies.

FinalHell
Jul 8, 2003, 06:39 PM
On 2003-07-08 16:31, Kalonera wrote:
Slicers are so underrated. If one knows how to use them correctly, they can own a group of enemies.

Very True... Back to the topic... FOmars are very weak at lower levels, When i say weak i mean Punie, like lil nerd weak...(no offense) but once they kick into the lvl 60's-70's They are such a kickass character. Aslong as u dont Give him lvl 30's!! at a low level or ur gonna have the hardest time Keeping ur TP up, Believe me!

Rudoku
Jul 8, 2003, 07:19 PM
On 2003-07-08 15:18, ChibiWarrior wrote:
Learn how to spell, learn how to play, and please get rid of your dupes.

That dupe thing was really low...it's not like he said use a TJ sword. He said Diska. Who uses that? Spelling like a "l33t" or whatever it is doesn't make you a duper...

To stay on topic: FOmar has got to have an easier time in Ult... My HUmar just got "owned" by Gillchichs...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rudoku on 2003-07-08 17:23 ]</font>

Kaos-Bringer-
Jul 9, 2003, 12:51 AM
Im going with the Kunx dude on that one he has skill... of course that doesnt stop my hucaseal from running into a hude cave room hurding them into a confusion trap then partisan of lightning them to death

Bad_Dreams99
Jul 9, 2003, 01:06 AM
Ya, im a HUmar. Best choice to start pso out with. Going through caves ult was tough... I had my delsaber buster/shield, and a raygun. Basically its run in, round up the vulmers, shoot them while avoiding megids and then dispose of the ob lillys at a safe distance. Not an easy thing to do. Doing what you have to is not being a newbie... its called stradegy dumb @ss.

umbrella
Jul 9, 2003, 01:08 AM
Both are great choices.

AxemPunanny
Jul 9, 2003, 05:14 AM
I've had an easier time with my Fomar than with my Humar on Ult, mainly because of my Fomar's techs, and he was so much lower in level. But, it's not too much of a difference tho. My humar just needs to cast jellen/zalure, and he's fine; just starts pounding them with his Dragon Slayer, whether in Caves or Mines. He had no problem with Vol Opt ver2, unlike my Fomar though. But he's needs to get a bit better to get thru ruins, which sure is a biatch to get thru.

I would say go with you the type of abilities you prefer using, and take into consideration the items you have to use (i.e. whether you have better hunter weapons or force weapons).

ShadowBladeGC
Jul 9, 2003, 07:27 AM
Good One, a real Humar does not need to hide, he goes out into battle with a sabre if he has to and does not hide from any enemy, a full powered Fomar can go lick a full powered Humar, one hit from a Humar weapon and BAM! big red screen for Fomar

ShadowBladeGC
Jul 9, 2003, 07:41 AM
Strat is important, but u should not hide from enemies, use jellen or perhaps Rabarta
oh and kneel before the might of Shadowblade
or he will cut u down with his DOUBLECANNON http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif or Make u go boom With his INFERNO BAZOOKA or send u home in pieces with his ASUKA+30

Im coming for those who hack the system it will be revenge for stuffing up all my DC files u have no right to be on PSO!!!!

Yosho
Jul 9, 2003, 08:51 AM
On 2003-07-09 05:27, ShadowBladeGC wrote:
A full powered Fomar can go lick a full powered Humar, one hit from a Humar weapon and BAM! big red screen for Fomar

Thats not right it's more like reverse that statement,

I have a FOmar currently at Lvl-158 and at lvl 128 I was beating the crap outta lvl 150 HUmars with maxed ATP/DFP AND duped weapons. high lvl techs help out a ton. For HUmars to be sooooooo great why don't most of them wanna fight me in battle or when they do they cry when I used techs. and no I'm not knockin HUmars cause i actually like them.