PDA

View Full Version : My DC resets by itself...

Mellow
Mar 16, 2001, 11:32 PM
Errm... anyone encountered this problem before... I had this occur to me three times online and I thought it was an online problem... then today it happened to me offline! Help me someone... is it my DC lens or my game... playing PSO online is getting hazardous for me

Pneophen
Mar 17, 2001, 08:35 AM
I had that happen the first week i got it. Some say that it has to do with over heating. I heard a person on one of the topics say its an electrical problem. So far i dont play long(5 hrs max) and maybe im just too paranoid about it but i havent done any of the quest except 1. So far so good. I hope it never ever hits again. It as happen to quite a few people so dont feel left out.

Nordramor
Mar 17, 2001, 09:28 PM
Try turning your Dreamcast upside while playing. Also, you can try cleaning the power cable input on the back of the DC with some compressed Air. I've had this happen once, but not recently.

Nordramor
Nordy!

Grendel
Mar 17, 2001, 10:11 PM
i also heard that elevating your dreamcast also works from preventing overheating... so far, so good... i've been elevating my dc with a simple cd case and it hasent overheated once... hope that helps!

Mayi
Mar 17, 2001, 10:56 PM
Impailing your dreamcast on a javelin also helps.

sengson
Mar 18, 2001, 01:31 AM
in my opinion, i think someone in your party cast a lvl 16 and above spell which causes the DC to reset it self.

Glider
Mar 18, 2001, 01:45 AM
Pneophin, Is that your art contest entry? When the heck is it going end? They keep pushing back the date.

Pneophen
Mar 18, 2001, 08:08 AM
i didnt even bother with the art contest this is just my regular sig, i would never have a chance anyway.

Also play your dreamcast in a pool should help keep it cool.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Pneophen on 2001-03-18 05:14 ]</font>