PDA

View Full Version : Dark Falz...

Iroxxerjooazz
Jul 7, 2003, 07:33 PM
Im on Dark Falz V-Hard and im at level 84, HUcast. I want to here from some other andriods that have beaten DF. So can you give me some tips,what level you were, etc. Oh ya I read that guide in the "Guides" section. I found it worthless.

Getintothegame
Jul 7, 2003, 07:40 PM
What was worthless about the guides?

EDIT: Whoops, thought you said RAcast. Anyway, just use your mates well, and try using good powerful weapons, and if possible, use weapons with hit.

Also, look again at the guide:
Walkthrough
For Falz, you'll need resistence to three elements: Fire, Ice, and Light. If you don't have those, pack on as many HP units as you can.
Darvants:
Force
Use Barta. Rabarta works nice if they're near you. Otherwise regular Barta can hit them far away. Or use Foie if you're having a hard time aiming.

Hunter
A plain ol' Handgun works for picking 'em off.

Ranger
Any Rifle weapon works well. Like Hunters, Handgun will pick 'em off just as well.

Phase 1:
Force:
Use Zonde (or Grants, I hear). Stand near the mouth when it's spitting out Darvants and cast Rabarta once you have a decent number in range. You can't dodge his elemental attacks, so make sure you can survive them and then heal. He uses Fire and Ice.

Hunter:
Standing near his mouth, pound on him with Mechs or Knives. Assuming you're not a HUcast or HUcaseal, take care of the Darvants with Rabarta when they wander near. HUcasts and HUcaseals should pick off Darvants with a Handgun if they wander near.

Ranger:
Shots just became your new friend. Stand in front of his mouth and fire away. Shots will handle any wandering Darvants before they ever come close enough to hurt you.

Phase 2:
This is where those elemental units are needed most. Again, you can't dodge his elemental attacks. Make sure you have enough resistance to survive his Fire, Ice, and Light attacks. If you can't handle that, you're doomed for the third form (in Hard/Very Hard). Customize Sol Atomizers or Anti, so when he does Slow, you can quickly get out of it.

Force:
Cast barta when the sphere underneath him is visible. Slow doesn't affect casting speed, so take advantage of his slow attack.

Hunter:
When the sphere underneath him is visible, get in as many hits as you can with Mechs.

Ranger:
Same as Hunters.

Phase 3:
Avoid his swipes if you can, which is ridiculously hard to do, though. When he goes into the sky, run around him. Some coordination might be required here in multiplayer games. There's no dodging Grants (unless you've mastered that cheesy "Resta" dodge), so either get ELT or have enough HP (via HP units) to survive it. I recommend HP units as they will also help you survive if you get swiped. When he sucks your soul (you'll know when--big red line on minimap) don't attack until he releases you or else you'll hurt yourself. In multiplayer, he might soul suck another player, so be sure not to attack or else you'll hurt them (and probably piss them off).

Force:
Cast Foie as he circles around the arena (you can even hit him when he glows). Yep, that's basically all you have going for you, Forces.

Hunter:
When Falz is not glowing and at a distance, tag him with a Handgun. When he's not glowing and near you, draw those handy Mechs and peg him. If you're not an android, cast Foie on Falz whenever he is glowing.

Ranger:
Same as Hunters but use a Rifle for its increased range.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2003-07-07 17:44 ]</font>