PDA

View Full Version : just made a RAmar...

zilla
Jul 8, 2003, 02:55 AM
never played with a ranger before...what stats mag you guys think i should get? i was thinking 15/100/75/10...that sound good to you ranger pros? thanks

-ARIES-
Jul 8, 2003, 03:05 AM
I think you should go for a crapload of power and defense unless you like using techniques alot. It's what I did and it got me these mags: something I forgot (my level 10 mag; gave me Estlla) Tapas, then Bhivra, so now I've got Mylla & Youlla, Estlla and Pilla. Tapas makes it look like you've got wings... It's a good mag because it'll make you invincible when the PB charge is full -- I kinda cheated by using this to help fight De Rol Le. When the invincibility ran out I launched an Estlla right into his dolphin face, just about broke it clean off.

It's odd... Launching a Photon dolphin into the dolphin face of a gigantic worm... GOD that thing's ugly when you bust its face off!

-ARIES-
Jul 8, 2003, 03:10 AM
Ok, so I'm not an EXPERT; I'm struggling in the Ruins, but that's only because I'm playing on a level 25 character. I'm too lazy to update my sig every time I level up, which is somewhat often. My favorite tactic is to fight until you only have 350 or less EXP to go until your next level, then suddenly go into the Forest and kill the dragon; he gives 350 EXP and an item; sometimes 400 meseta, sometimes a Star atomizer.. It might be better to wait until 450 EXP because you have to kill a bunch of monsters to get to him.. I leveled up right in front of the boss teleporter. I didn't NEED to go fight him, but fighting bosses is fun, so I thought, "To hell with it, I'm killing him yet again."

-ARIES-
Jul 8, 2003, 03:34 AM
Speaking of the ruins, I like to give the aliens codenames.. For example, I call the Chaos Sorcerers "Ranchhand Jims", and the Dark Belras "Cows"... The claws, I've named "chickens"; and the bulclaws? "Bullchickens". The Bringers are 'Llamas', the Gunners are 'Turtles', the Dimenians are 'Penguins', and the Delsabers are 'Ninjas'.. In that one large room in Ruins 3, where there are Delsabers and Gunners attacking at the same time, I sometimes yell out, "SUPER MUTANT NINJA TURLES!!!"

I know it's stupid. I'm 14, yet I've got the mentality of a 5 year old. They're my choices, so shut up.

Mechashadow
Jul 8, 2003, 04:00 AM
For my RAmar(LVL110), I have a madhu, but Im working on Nidra, a rare mag. I recommend a mag with stats close to these 15/95/90/0.

REASONS WHY:

1)-You really don't need that much defence since ur usually far away from your foes. Upgrade it a little at the very least. You'll need good defence for boss battles.

2)-You don't need a mag with high mind energy since RAmars don't need good MST anyway. The only techs I really use are Resta and Anti, and you dont need high MST for those.

3)-YOU MUST HAVE A GOOD POWER MAG AT ALL COSTS! Rangers have crappy POW and a good power mag makes up for that.

4)-RAmars have the best accuracy in the game. However, to execute a special attack(especially a good one, like Hell or Shadow) you need high DEX. Since special attacks have really low accuracy, it would be wise to increase accuracy as much as you can. [Good] Special attacks are extremely useful, especially on higher difficuly levels.

Hope this helps.

-Also, upgrade your mag depending on how you play. If youre a melee RAmar, upgrade POW and DEF. If you like
staying far away from the action, concentrate on DEX and POW. If u like techniques, increase MST. Its all up to you.

Logical2u
Jul 8, 2003, 06:33 AM
Hmm... heres what I tried...
I created a Low def, high dex, high mind, low pow, mag. But I changed it since I hit Vhard to a very balanced Pow and Dex mag with low def and decent Mind.
I recommend keeping a very low Mind stat and a high dex and pow stat.

Khaotika
Jul 8, 2003, 09:11 AM
Whenever you start your mag, make sure you can max your ata eventually.

My current mag allows for max ATA at level 200:

12/110/38/40 Nidra

It also allows some nice extra MST to make my resta heal for more. (Which is really important for evil areas like the East Tower)

Overall, the majority of your stats should go into Power, and just take it from there in whatever direction you plan on going. Mechashadow said it best.

Have fun with your new RAmar. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-Khao

zilla
Jul 8, 2003, 12:49 PM
thanks guys. the only techs i want is resta/anti/shifta deband.

i've always wondered does your mst make your shifta/deband stronger, or if its lvl 15 its the same strength no matter what?

zippy
Jul 8, 2003, 01:07 PM
man make all ur stats equal to eachother(Def+Dex=Pow+Mind)def + dex should equal 50 same thing with pow + mind by level 100 on ur mag and u will get the rare mag puschan

-ARIES-
Jul 8, 2003, 01:50 PM
If you have Version 2 of PSO, then you'll also want Jellen, Zalure, Grants, Megid and Reverser. I'm a SKYLY RAmar, and I've picked these items up; Rangers in Version 2 can use them.

-ARIES-
Jul 8, 2003, 01:53 PM
Nice sig, Khaotika.. I'm going to change mine to an MPHLS line.