PDA

View Full Version : Evil Pal Rappy

Bad_Dreams99
Jul 8, 2003, 02:42 PM
Alright, i wanted a Guard Wave. Ima greennill so i thought "Hey, ill just go find a pal rappy, kill it and get a guard wave, piece o cake!" Well, 138 pipes later, i have three el rappy's in front of me and no guard wave... anyone else have major trouble finding rare monsters in ult?

Mirian
Jul 8, 2003, 02:45 PM
You're just having a bad day. I piped for Three hours in Very Hard Forest, and still, five rag rappies sit in front of me. Another day i only piped once and found an al rappy. Don't worry; you'll find one.

Rljohn
Jul 8, 2003, 02:52 PM
I'm an Oran, I find Pal Rappies approximately every 52 pipes. I've gotten a rare like 27/30 times. I've even found a Pal Rappy while doing Forest Runs (excavation reports)

Sasarai
Jul 9, 2003, 12:32 AM
I'm not against piping, but I think it's a waste of time. (Don't flame me for this, pipers, chances are I'll succumb to piping when I can't find a rare I really want. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif )

I've found all of my rare enemies, save one Pal Rappy (which only took two pipes) and I'm quite content with my findings.

From Pal Rappies alone I have found: Meseta x2 (varied amount), Trap Vision, Monomate, Guard Wave x 4, Red Handgun x 3.

Incase you're wondering, my section IDs were Greennill and Redria. It's all about luck in the end, don't get discouraged. Just play the game and you'll find them. This week and a half alone I've found 4 Pal Rappies in a total of about 30hrs of gameplay. One I piped for, and got damn lucky on the second pipe; the other 3 came from 2 Fake in Yellow runs and 1 Ult. Forest run.

Exp and OTHER rares=fun. I personally believe just playing the game is more rewarding than piping for (possibly) hours.

I don't know who has greater patience, the piper who wants the rare and will pipe for hours to get it, or the person who will just play and play...and play, until they find that elusive rare.

I think most anyone will agree, if you don't get anything within 50+ pipes, you may as well move on and try another day.

wildman_182
Jul 9, 2003, 02:22 AM
My main character is a greenil, I have pretty good luck finding rare creatures, but the next problem for me getting them to drop their rare. The Pal Rappy drops me guard wave about 3/4 of the time. I gotten about five of them so far.

HaLLa
Jul 9, 2003, 02:31 AM
I wouldnt pipe I would just play and if you get lucky cool. I mean piping is soo boring. Just have fun and youc ould get lucky.

Hitaro
Jul 13, 2003, 08:13 PM
I think its all luck some day you get good stuff other nothing just got to play a lot to get good stuff and pray for it too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Monomate
Jul 13, 2003, 08:18 PM
On 2003-07-08 22:32, Sasarai wrote:
I'm not against piping, but I think it's a waste of time. (Don't flame me for this, pipers, chances are I'll succumb to piping when I can't find a rare I really want. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif )

I've found all of my rare enemies, save one Pal Rappy (which only took two pipes) and I'm quite content with my findings.

From Pal Rappies alone I have found: Meseta x2 (varied amount), Trap Vision, Monomate, Guard Wave x 4, Red Handgun x 3.

Incase you're wondering, my section IDs were Greennill and Redria. It's all about luck in the end, don't get discouraged. Just play the game and you'll find them. This week and a half alone I've found 4 Pal Rappies in a total of about 30hrs of gameplay. One I piped for, and got damn lucky on the second pipe; the other 3 came from 2 Fake in Yellow runs and 1 Ult. Forest run.

Exp and OTHER rares=fun. I personally believe just playing the game is more rewarding than piping for (possibly) hours.

I don't know who has greater patience, the piper who wants the rare and will pipe for hours to get it, or the person who will just play and play...and play, until they find that elusive rare.

I think most anyone will agree, if you don't get anything within 50+ pipes, you may as well move on and try another day.

i never pipe more than 10 times in the same room...i figure 'why bother? Ill just go kill stuff and look for it another day...' i mean...seriously! its more fun to play than to sit there for hours just piping (although i do sit for hours and just feed my MAG, although im usually on PSOW while doing this so im not utterly bored...)

Blaster
Jul 15, 2003, 01:45 PM
I got really lucky and found a pal rappy in ultimate right away. I am a greenil and I got a nice gaurd wave. Do a fake in yellow and use the pipe trick in the room with 8 rappies. The more rappies in one room, the better your chance of one of the rappies being rare. Good luck.

Goose
Jul 15, 2003, 07:19 PM
I think rare enemies live for one purpose: to taunt me. I found at least 3 rare enemies a day without piping, and I hardly ever get a rare weapon from them.

fcshooter
Jul 15, 2003, 07:34 PM
mine is this
I'm greennill, I can get a Kasami Bracer from Canune in ultimate so I try killing the Canune and piping before the Canabins blow up. Then I go back and a new Canune appears in the ring. I kill it and repeat the process. I have kill 100's of Canunes in an hour or 2, will that damn thing ever drop a Kasami Bracer?

AngelofEnders
Jul 15, 2003, 07:56 PM
Instead of piping it'd probably just be better to keep repeating the Fake in Yellow. I did it with my FOmarl looking for an Angel Harp (no luck yet but still looking) and never stop doing the quest until I find a Pal Rappy. If I don't get what I want when I do find it, I just look the next day. I've grown several levels so your benefitting one way or another.

Auracom
Jul 15, 2003, 07:59 PM
A little while ago I lost my Frozen Shooter to fsod. Naturally I wanted another, so I piped Hildetorr. Seven torr later I get my FS. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif This was with my Yellowboze HUcast. Its funny when I had my Whitil HUne the first three torr I saw dropped Frozen Shooters. Stupid drop rates if you ask me... unless I've got bad luck <.< >.>

fcshooter
Jul 15, 2003, 08:49 PM
will it ever work???

fcshooter
Jul 16, 2003, 12:44 PM
AAAAHHHHH...it never drops one

PsoFanatic90
Jul 16, 2003, 01:58 PM
pardon my newbishness but im still new to the game but, what is piping?

MQuantum
Jul 16, 2003, 02:16 PM
I walked into a room and a Al Rappy fell from the sky. Too bad I was starting a new char. Normal Rare enemies drop crap...

Blaster
Jul 16, 2003, 02:18 PM
People pipe when they want a certain monster to drop a certain weapon. They use a telepipe in a room full of the form of monster that they want to drop the monster in hopes that when they telepipe back that it will become rare. It does work, but it may take lots of pipes.

FinalHell
Jul 16, 2003, 02:23 PM
I love pal rappies. They give me Red partisians. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PsoFanatic90
Jul 16, 2003, 10:23 PM
will ryuker work?

p.s. thanks im really new at this but im doin good http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zelgadis
Jul 17, 2003, 01:10 AM
Yes ryuker will work. In fact its better to have ryuker then using telepipes. After awhile it just gets expensive.

muff
Jul 17, 2003, 03:57 AM
On 2003-07-15 17:34, fcshooter wrote:
mine is this
I'm greennill, I can get a Kasami Bracer from Canune in ultimate so I try killing the Canune and piping before the Canabins blow up. Then I go back and a new Canune appears in the ring. I kill it and repeat the process. I have kill 100's of Canunes in an hour or 2, will that damn thing ever drop a Kasami Bracer?

That will not work when you kill it once thats the item it will drop, all the times you pipe are pointless.

PJ
Jul 17, 2003, 06:11 AM
Some people have way better luck than others...

For example, I am in Ultimate Ruins and Seabed, all Ultimate quests completed, and am level 115. The only rare I have from Ultimate is a Technical Crozier, and I didn't even find that, I earned that in the Soul of Blacksmith. I've even seen 2 Mil Lily's in the VR Temple and non dropped the Windmill u.u (1 dropped Digrinder, another dropped Thief/Legs-).

My brother on the other hand has already found a Sange from his first Mil Lily in Ultimate Caves... he's only at Ultimate Caves with his HUcast and at level 73... Crikey, I need help!

fcshooter
Jul 17, 2003, 11:35 AM

Valleo
Jul 17, 2003, 11:40 AM
I think that when you pipe the Canune, only the first one you kill drops anythin, and the following ones always drop nothing. But im not sure.

fcshooter
Jul 17, 2003, 12:15 PM
they never drop anything.