PDA

View Full Version : For the Shining Force experts!

jediknight007
Jul 8, 2003, 03:31 PM
Hi, I was wondering if anyone here knows how the hell you level up Bleu? He is supposed to be the best character in the whole game but he can't get a single bit of experience. I know he is supposed to start off slow but his attacks only take off 1 HP and he gets like 1 EXP every single time. He does this useless electric attack. Therefore, it would take forever to level him up. Unless of course, there is another way. Any help please? He's still Level 1! And I have used him ever since I was able to get him. I am one battle away from Chapter 8 and have a feeling that it might be too late now...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jediknight007 on 2003-07-08 13:32 ]</font>

LamerPanda
Jul 8, 2003, 04:02 PM
The best things to level off of are apparently gargoyles, mages and high priests. I haven't played the game for ages but I looked around a Shining Force forum, eheh. >_>;

I think you might be too late for that, though. Isn't that around chapter 6? x_o

Guntz348
Jul 8, 2003, 04:07 PM
It's rough to raise him up. I heard he was good too, but in all my times through the game I never bothered. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I do however, know how to raise a weak character. It's kinda of a pain and very tedious but it works.

First you need to go into a battle and fight a group of enemys. Now kill all but one and isolate the remaining one. Try to whittle him down to a few HP and just know how much damage each guy does so you can get it as close to 1 hp as you can with out killing him. Now have bleu finish the job and get the exp. Keep repeating that untill he is about to level up. Now save the game, use the in battle save, then restart and have him fight the guy and gain the level. If he doesn't get a good stat boost, then reset and kill him again. This way you can be sure you are getting maximum stats added on each time you level him up.

jediknight007
Jul 8, 2003, 05:23 PM
That's a good strategy but I have already tried it. It works well with characters who can actually hit more than 1 HP! It's annoying when you use your normal characters to reduce the enemy's HP down to below 5 and then you hope that Bleu will finish them off but no! Makes it even more annoying that you have to skip through all your characters before you come back to his go so that he can take another 1 HP off. Well, seems long but I guess it pays off. Btw, my other characters are like between Level 16 and 25 while he's still Level 1. I do recall him doing some special move once but that only took off like 7 HP!

Guntz348
Jul 8, 2003, 05:29 PM
Well try this. Save right before he attacks, now when he attacks hold the D-pad up and to the right, and hold down the A button. For some reason you have a better chance of pulling off his special attack, the one where the little dragons fly through, or attacking twice when you do this. If it doesn't work just reset and do it again. Oh and if you have any other SF questions, look at my name sake and send em on my way http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Subliminalgroove
Jul 8, 2003, 07:05 PM
Ijust always sent him off with some of my better characters to a corner of the map to hold a section where a few enemies are going to pounce rather rudely upon my advance. Then you just have your better characters work the enimies in there down until they are around 1 hp (helps to have a mage to do this as well, they can regulate the amount of damge done by using low level blaze and freeze spells) then send bleu in to finish the job... Bleu gets about 49 exp for each kill. Simply repeat for each enemy.

Do this until he can manage on his own.

That's what I have always done.

Gotta play this game again. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif <drags out genesis>

Chibi-Chao
Jul 8, 2003, 09:10 PM
Yeah, I did the thing where you get the enemy to low HP, and then kill them, it takes a littlw while, but it;s worth it, Bleu does get pretty strong later on.

Ryudo
Jul 8, 2003, 11:15 PM
just get any enemy at that point in the game down to 1 or 2 hp then let bleu finish them off he'll get 48-50 exp for it and lvl up fast

at high levels promoted he's awesome ^_^

RuneLateralus
Jul 8, 2003, 11:30 PM
My best bet was just to kill the three Gargoyles that are to the north of your starting point with Bleu, then when he gets to 10, promote him, and continue doing mild building with the Gargoyles in the north.

And Bleu becomes an awesome fighter when you level him up. He replaced Zylo for doing top damage...and he has a great advantage with his ability to fly.