PDA

View Full Version : for higher lvl forces.....

excecutor
Jul 8, 2003, 03:39 PM
should i go with merge items (foie, rafoie, red, blue, etc.) or should i go with sheilds thatl actually help my defense/evade? just wondering which is better to do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: excecutor on 2003-07-08 13:41 ]</font>

Z-Death
Jul 8, 2003, 04:26 PM
it depends if u lef the baddies get close
if u let em close get def and evade
if u kill/runaway use a merge

excecutor
Jul 8, 2003, 04:31 PM
well in ult. it gets pretty hard not to let the baddies get close, unless u wanna run in and out of doorways, so i guess i should go with such an item as secret gear?

Soukosa
Jul 8, 2003, 05:22 PM
There are some instances to where the merges help out. I tend to use a Rafoie merge in the Mines, for instance, since most enemies there are weak to fire and getting that boost to Rafoie is quite helpful. In making up for lose in DFP, high level Deband can help alot and you can also use some high level Jellen on the stonger enemies too.

tiltnkirby26
Jul 8, 2003, 05:50 PM
My FOnewearl only uses a red merge for lev 27 up.It really help in single and in multi mode but I do wish I had more resist in ice.

phikap6878
Jul 8, 2003, 09:01 PM
use the merge, just use Jellen to weaken enemies. Thats what I use and they don't even knock me down.

umbrella
Jul 8, 2003, 10:22 PM
I'd go with secret gear.

Night_Star
Jul 9, 2003, 03:00 AM
i didnt think that secret gear has that great of a boost to dfp/evp, i found a divinity barrier better.
and when you get to high levels where a merge doesnt really make it faster to kill certain enemies, the dfp/evp boost from a good shield will help a lot more.
and also its a lot more hassle to switch between all of the different merges when you are fighting the enemies.
it mostly depends on how fast and easy you want to go through the areas...

rena-ko
Jul 9, 2003, 06:20 AM
my fonewearl never wore anything else than a merge (that is... from lvl 5 on...). she did fine since tech using hardly gets you in trouble with being hit. sure she dies now and then but i'd say, good and effective attacks are more important than high defense just in case.

and... 4 dragon/HP, deband & jellen really helps when she's in "trouble".

so, a all tech-force wont need any other shield than merges.

its different when you go melee with a FOmar(l), but i dont have any experiences on v.3 with that yet (despite challengemode).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-07-09 04:21 ]</font>

AxemPunanny
Jul 9, 2003, 06:30 AM
On 2003-07-09 01:00, Night_Star wrote:
i didnt think that secret gear has that great of a boost to dfp/evp, i found a divinity barrier better.

I believe the divinity barrier has better evp boost, and the secret gear has better dfp (but not by much).

I like using merges (particular the rafoie), as I used that the most out of the RA-techs (mainly in forest, caves and ruins on any difficulty, and on ult mines). They're great boosts, when u know it helps when you can kill them quickly (before they get to you), and especially if you use techs alot.

THOMAS_LARS
Jul 9, 2003, 08:59 AM
Merges work good yes but as you said they lack defense so I say go with a secret gear there much more effective when fighting in the higher difficulties.

XXargon
Jul 9, 2003, 09:12 AM
Yeah, I'd say go with the secret gear for offline. Being that you'll be the only one there all the enemies will be going at you (duh). So keep the evasion and defense up. But as long as you've got a high level jellen mixed with high level deband, you really wont have to worry about getting hurt much.

excecutor
Jul 9, 2003, 11:42 AM
so what should i go with? ive heard compeling arguements for both, and yes i am offline. keep the arguements for both coming and tell me ur reason why