PDA

View Full Version : Tip on fighting a Delsaber

-ARIES-
Jul 8, 2003, 05:08 PM
A recent discovery:

That red flame in a Delsaber's claw is, evidently, what powers its invincibility shield, and it extracts that flame by slapping people... Don't let it slap you and it won't be able to use the shield.

Of course, they most likely start out with a flame, but it gets smaller each time they use the shield.

Another reason not to let a Delsaber slap you:

They pick their nose and slap you with their boogers... -_-

...at least, that's what it looks like.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Jul 8, 2003, 05:21 PM
Another reason not to let a Delsaber slap you:
They pick their nose and slap you with their boogers... -_-

...at least, that's what it looks like.

LMAO very true... if you shoot them from a distance their shield doesnt really seem to work well

Soukosa
Jul 8, 2003, 05:45 PM
Interesting observation. I need to try that out some time. There's also Barta, which I've used with non-androids when having trouble hitting them.

-ARIES-
Jul 8, 2003, 06:10 PM
I've also discovered that Foie techniques are the most effective against Dimenians and Claws... I tried Zonde, Barta and Foie, and Foie did the most damage.

jediknight007
Jul 8, 2003, 06:32 PM
I just walk away slowly away from them and once they drop their invincibility status, I hold forward and attack. Usually can get in a few hits with my Yamato before he hits me back. Then I repeat again and again. It's really that easy. Harder though when you have loads of Dimenians or those snapy things around on Ruins.

kat
Jul 8, 2003, 06:44 PM
I just whomp them till they die....

But yeah, tech-wise, barta hurts them the most.

-ARIES-
Jul 8, 2003, 07:55 PM
Those snappy things are Claws.. I call them Alien chickens; I've already assigned the codename 'Chicken' to Rag Rappies, and the Claws are aliens. More alien than the Rappies, at least.

And I've hit a new personal MAG record: 103% synchro.

Stalfos333
Jul 8, 2003, 08:24 PM
I get them to start their three-hit attack, then circle around and try a paralyzing or freezing attack to keep them motionless while I rail them with a strong melee weapon.

-ARIES-
Jul 8, 2003, 08:25 PM
I like using Rabarta to freeze Dimenians that are encircling me, so I can get away and beat the crap out of them with my Lockgun +12, Panic Slicer +3 or Shot.

-ARIES-
Jul 8, 2003, 08:32 PM
You know, you can use the Belra's flying arm attack to your advantage. Herd some Dimenians (Delsabers, Claws and Bulclaws are too fast for this) into the path of a Belra's arm, then, just as it is launched, get the hell out of there. The flying arm will hurt the Dimenians!

Pathfinder
Jul 8, 2003, 08:41 PM
against Delsabaers I just use a photon launcher weapon they seem not to be able to block those. For my force I use Rabarta. My hunter still hasnt reached ruins though.

Reenee
Jul 8, 2003, 08:42 PM
Hunters-Grab a Dagger and smack Delsabers on their sides.
Rangers-Grab a Mechgun and smack Delsabers from any angle.
Forces-Barta pretty much stuns 'em.

RAmar_Monkey_Boy
Jul 8, 2003, 08:58 PM
Lol,
What lvl are u at ARIES, if ur observant enough ull see that foie is the weakness of the Booma's, Evil sharks, Pal sharks, canadines,sinow gold and may b blue and more! But thx for trying to hel p out, and i use photon auncher on them!

-ARIES-
Jul 8, 2003, 09:06 PM
I'm level 25, but I have a level 40 on my friend's gamecube.

Foie and Barta are the two technique types I currently have that do the most damage to Delsabers and such.

Cengah
Jul 8, 2003, 11:49 PM
Barta works the best on delsabers and also bulclaws.

as for foie though it works best on almost everything else in the ruins. Zonde works best on dark belras and so diminions.

Reenee
Jul 9, 2003, 12:41 AM
Enemy Weaknesses:
Dimenian-Foie (Gifoie is used a lot; Foie when 2 or less remain)
La Dimenian-Barta (rather than waste my TP on Gibarta, Barta works fine)
So Dimenian-Zonde (Zonde loners, Gizonde groups)
Claw-Foie, Grants (same as Dimenians)
Bulclaw-Foie, Grants (Let'em split or not; just a fireball'll do)
Chaos Sorcerer-Foie (Foie ball)
Chaos Bringer-Foie (Foie ball)
Delsaber-Barta (like a La)
Dark Belra-Zonde, Grants (Zonde alone; Gizonde if you ever get groups)
Dark/Death Gunner-High leveled technique (you use your highest level technique from any element; i.e., if you had Foie 9, Zonde 8, and Barta 7, you'd use Foie), Grants

Those are the primary weaknesses in Normal through Very Hard.

Sasarai
Jul 9, 2003, 12:47 AM
Screw that, level 27 Rabarta. Freeze and repeat. The bastards don't even get near me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Nai_Calus
Jul 9, 2003, 02:43 AM
Amusing is a HUmar in Ult Spaceship unequipping his weapon, changing the A button to Barta, grabbing a couple of spare Angel/Mind++ and the MIND Sato he's working on, and then pretending he's a Force to take out a couple of those pesky annoying Delsabers. Yep, yep, that was funny as all hell. At least it was by a healing circle, so I didn't have to worry about the usual FO Fluid-burn. XP

My Ruins shortcuts generally consist of Rafoie on A, Barta or Rabarta on X, Gizonde on R+X, Normal attack on R+A, Resta on B and Difluids on R+B, and Grants moved to the top of my R+Y tech menu. Rafoie for most things(Dimenians, Sorcerors, Dark Bringers, Dark Gunners), Barta/Rabarta for Delsabers and Las, Gizonde for Sos and Grants for Belras.

By the way, on Ult the Belras are walking machine guns and their arms no longer hit the other monsters. ^_^

rena-ko
Jul 9, 2003, 06:39 AM
delsabers are quite easy. either full power onto them with a twin or any other 1 combo-kill weapon, or line them up and barta - once caught by barta, they'll whipe there faces literally asking for more barta.

Logical2u
Jul 9, 2003, 07:08 AM
Even a low level Rabarta has a high chance of freezing Delsabers. My strategy is.

1. Equip a long range gun, rifle or a handgun.
2. Attack the delsaber(s) until it(they) get close to you.
3. Use Rabarta. Hopefully at least 1 will freeze, possibly more.
4. Run to the other side of the room and attack them until they unfreeze.
5. Repeat steps 2-4.

Reenee
Jul 9, 2003, 10:28 AM
Well, ex-key-uuuuuuuuuuze ME for conserving TP. Do ya'll do this in Normal mode too? Pretty damn heinous.

Sunblast
Jul 9, 2003, 12:48 PM
You'll be well off if you can get a buddy to help you. Just get the Delsaber to chase someone while you have a ranger totally pound 'em. My brother and I win easily with that. Unfortunately, he rarely gets experience for it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif