PDA

View Full Version : Dark Flow...

kat
Jul 8, 2003, 06:53 PM
Okie, after checking the guide and not getting it...

I was online today, and some guy had a sword that was doing this huge wall of light as it's special. It was, you guessed it, the dark flow. I asked, he told, and offered me a second one in trade.

Duh, it was duped.

However, the question is, what are the odds of someone actually finding it in a legit manner? I mean, do you have to get olga flow DNA and do a merge with something or just find miraculously?

infoman56
Jul 8, 2003, 06:54 PM
i think u just have to get really lucky and find it

Bit
Jul 8, 2003, 06:57 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=302

jspacemunkey
Jul 8, 2003, 07:00 PM
you don't find dark flow. you have to obtain the parasitic gene "flow" and combine the gene with a fully ground sword type weapon (your character's level affects your ability to create this weapon, check out the armor and weapon combinations guide for more info).

EDIT: bit's link takes you directly to the guide.

jc

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jspacemunkey on 2003-07-08 17:01 ]</font>

kat
Jul 8, 2003, 07:01 PM
Thank you bit, that was useful.

I can now add that to the list of items to spot a duper with...

Zelgadis
Jul 8, 2003, 07:06 PM
I heard that you have to be Oran and really really really really lucky to find it O.o

Bit
Jul 8, 2003, 07:08 PM
That's just the only confirmed ID to get one.

All of the ID's may get it, Noone is really sure, seeing as it's extremely rare(let alone hard) to get Olga Flow to drop one of Ultimate.

kat
Jul 8, 2003, 07:09 PM
On 2003-07-08 17:06, Zelgadis wrote:
I heard that you have to be Oran and really really really really lucky to find it O.o

My understanding is that only one reported legit find of the gene flow has occured. A japaneese player with an oran section ID.

so yeah, there should probably be more 'really's in that statement http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

jspacemunkey
Jul 8, 2003, 07:16 PM
there are a lot of people who claim to have found the gene since then. the problem is that duping and hacking have created a glut of parasitic genes and dark weapons (flow, meteor and bridge) so it's impossible to tell who has legitimately found their gene anymore. most people don't even agree on how to obtain the gene. some people claim that you must kill ult. olga flow with a red weapon, pipe to the city, and then return to olga's lair to see flowen's spirit at which point flowen may drop the gene. others claim that olga drops the gene outright. i can't verify either method.

jc

fury02
Jul 8, 2003, 09:39 PM
I made a dark flow today...its almost totaly legit the only thing i dont know about is the DNA(traded 4 it a LONG time ago), but i hav a feeling that the DNA is pretty legit too but then i could be wrong.

umbrella
Jul 8, 2003, 10:19 PM
How rare is the gene?
and you can just use any sword? or if you use a crappy one does it affect the final form?

LifeOnTheEdge
Jul 8, 2003, 10:24 PM
I didn't even know that Olga Flow (or Dark Falz) dropped any items at all. Whoo, I'm lucky my best character is oran http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Bit
Jul 8, 2003, 10:28 PM
According to the confirmated find, he just drops it. Nothing too special, just a boss drop.

And we all know how fun those are. Extremely Rare. So Rare. It's..

Rare

xanoki
Jul 9, 2003, 01:21 AM
Actually I have found one. BUT, and it's a big but, it was n the floor on EP2 Pioneer2 shops. I am gessing it is duped as NOBODY would throw away something that rare.

Electron
Jul 9, 2003, 07:10 AM
But Falzie and Olga never drops anything so maybe you have to do the red weapon thingie on him.

All of these things are just rumors so why not just test something if you want to find out?