PDA

View Full Version : FOmar or FOnewm?

JWSonikku
Jul 9, 2003, 10:28 AM
I'm going to start a new Force character, but the question is - which one should I use? The FOmar, or the FOnewm? If it helps anyone's decision, I'd like to use this Force simply for beating Ultimate easily, and for Challenge mode when/if it's released on European Xbox servers.

Thanks!

--
Sonikku

rena-ko
Jul 9, 2003, 10:32 AM
you like to fight as well as to cast techs? -> FOmar
you like to cast techs and nuke rooms within seconds? -> FOnewm

newmans should only concentrate on techs -> mind as high as possible (only mindmats + mind mag) as well as HP as high as possible.
humans can melee also, but they sacrifice their mind max for it.

good luck on your choice (i'd go with a FOnewm - but the best chara is still the FOnewearl, since her megid has a pierce bonus, which is simply perfect for ult seabed)

Delsaber
Jul 9, 2003, 10:39 AM
I like both. FOmar if you wanna do any sort of meleeing. You can max both power and mind strength on a FOmar, so that is nice. I just did a simple calculation and these are the material amounts to max atp and mst:

POWER MATERIALS: 75
DEFENSE MATERIALS: 62
MIND MATERIALS: 100

Use the rest on whatever. EVP will not max nor will luck, but you can always equip god/lucks or something

The mag would be good at
DFP 20
POW 50
DEX 50
MND 75

That makes your stats at level 200:

ATP 1002
DFP 470
MST 1340
ATA 163
EVP depends
LCK depends

Bold = Maxed

HaLLa
Jul 9, 2003, 12:28 PM
if you want on easier in ultimate go FOnewm. They can rip up all the enemies when you get them up there while FOmars arent that great at magic and are no hunter.

SubstanceD
Jul 9, 2003, 01:19 PM
If your main goal is to get to and through Ultimate as quickly and effortlessy as possible then I would say go with the Fonewn, don't even bother melleeing, just go mad casting spells at everything. Rafoi seems to be one of the more popular choices for nuking everything in a room and Fonewn ( if I recall correctly ) gets good bonuses on his Ra spells. With the Fomar, apparentky he does not get good untill he reaches lv.100 or so so I would say he requires more patience then a Fonewn.

Frozt
Jul 9, 2003, 01:25 PM
My god this thread has been created atleast over 3 times.

thapres_04
Jul 9, 2003, 01:28 PM
Go with the FOmar--They are great with magic and competent with meleeing too. FOmars gain a GI tech boost along with Grants boosts and 2x Shifta/Deband range. Their MST is not the lowest (FOmarl is) and they have the highest ATP in the forces. To be able to use an S-Rank Twin and still be a magic powerhouse is more powerful than a FOnewm can ever imagine.

Tsudo_Plat
Jul 9, 2003, 03:19 PM
Choose whomever u want, they both have their +'s and -'s. If you are still having trouble choosing one, then pick whichever one u think looks cooler. Thats what I did. (btw, I used a FOnewm up to about level 80 or so and the fact that I constantly ran out of TP and couldn't melee really pissed me off, so I switched to FOmar who kicks serious ARSE!)

OniTatsujin
Jul 9, 2003, 05:39 PM
I would choose a FOmar, i think they are great, and people say they aren't good in spells, my friend who was lv 40 with a FOmar and his TP was 1020 and his spells did more damage than my attacks with my used to be lv 60 Hunter.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OniTatsujin on 2003-07-09 15:40 ]</font>