PDA

View Full Version : Tip on fighting Gunners

-ARIES-
Jul 9, 2003, 02:46 PM
The red one seems to be the leader. Hit it and the green ones will start cowering, giving you the chance to hit or kill them, depending on the power of the weapon or technique that you use on them.

Bit
Jul 9, 2003, 02:49 PM
I prefer Ice Techniques when I fight those annoying things. They freeze, and become vulnerable to attacks.

*Waves fist as the Dark Gunners run around him*

If your an Android. A Weapon with a high chance of freezing is a God send against those things.

-ARIES-
Jul 9, 2003, 02:53 PM
39 Addicting Food Runs, No Agito

That's GOT to suck..

Anyway, I only use techniques when I'm surrounded and being beaten to death, unless I have full charge, then I'll just unleash Pilla on their D-Cellular asses.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -ARIES- on 2003-07-09 12:54 ]</font>

HaLLa
Jul 9, 2003, 02:58 PM
yea I would just use techs on them if you can.

they suck tho

I hated them when I had my legit HUmar

Bit
Jul 9, 2003, 03:03 PM
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

39 Addicting Food Runs, No Agito

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's GOT to suck..

Anyway, I only use techniques when I'm surrounded and being beaten to death, unless I have full charge, then I'll just unleash Pilla on their D-Cellular asses.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Yeah, It does. I'm going for my 40th later today, So. Wish me luck. Perhaps 40 is my lucky number?

Back on topic - I didn't even know there were different colored Dark Gunners. I'm too busy smacking them around to notice these things I suppose..

jediknight007
Jul 9, 2003, 03:08 PM
Is there someone going around giving out tips on how to defeat particular monsters? Yesterday it was on Delsabers and now on the Gunners. It ain't hard to work out that the red one is the leader and I just wait until the red/green things rise up and then I attack them. They ain't that hard and it just requires a bit of patience. Waste of a topic I say.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jediknight007 on 2003-07-09 13:11 ]</font>

Guntz348
Jul 9, 2003, 03:09 PM
The red one is esensially the leader gunner. He controls the firing of all the other gunners. Your best bet is to stay near because if you hit him they all get stunned and don't find for that "round" if you will. Just stay near the red one, get them to bunch up too if you can, then when he kinda drops to the ground and the crystal goes up, the animation they do right before they fire, hit him with either rabarta to interupt and and try to freeze him and the others around him. That or just wail away with a full combo. As long as you hit the red one, the rest can't fire so you have nothing to worry about.

HaLLa
Jul 9, 2003, 03:12 PM
not really waste of a topic....what about the noobs who dont know that. it would help them. im sure people out there have trouble with these things

-ARIES-
Jul 9, 2003, 03:16 PM
There's Dark gunners and Death gunners. They're the exact same thing, except one kind is red and the other kind is green.

-ARIES-
Jul 9, 2003, 03:19 PM
Guntz348 wrote:
The red one is esensially the leader gunner. He controls the firing of all the other gunners. Your best bet is to stay near because if you hit him they all get stunned and don't find for that "round" if you will. Just stay near the red one, get them to bunch up too if you can, then when he kinda drops to the ground and the crystal goes up, the animation they do right before they fire, hit him with either rabarta to interupt and and try to freeze him and the others around him. That or just wail away with a full combo. As long as you hit the red one, the rest can't fire so you have nothing to worry about.

That's basically what I said when I started the topic..

jediknight007
Jul 9, 2003, 03:24 PM
You do know that there is a section called 'Guides'? Why not contribute to it and write tips on how to kill all monsters? Then the ones with problems would refer to it and would save this forum for better use.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jediknight007 on 2003-07-09 13:26 ]</font>

-ARIES-
Jul 9, 2003, 03:27 PM
It's always funny to watch a Chaos Bringer charge through a pack of Dimenians and either send them flying or kill them.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Reenee
Jul 9, 2003, 03:29 PM
It would be even funnier to see those Dimenians fly off their feet when hit by a Bringer. ^_^

The Death Gunner (the one with the red eye crystal) is the leader. BUT, if ya'll hadn't said so, the other Gunners will not get stunned should the leader get killed. It does happen rather occasionally.

Stalfos333
Jul 9, 2003, 04:42 PM
I love gunners! It's an easy TP or HP refill with no cost, providing you bring the right weapons along.

Since an "invincible" enemy is still vulnerable to both Techs and the special effects of weapons, they aren't particularly lucky to be around. This is true of Falz, the gunners, and Pan Arms, some other targettable enemies you can't hurt. (Yes, I'm aware that you can kill a Pan Arm with enough ATP). It makes for fun times with a Gush or Geist.

ARIES, you're a very low level right now. I'm not sure what character you're using, but you'll start using techs eventually in situations like this. Some damage is better than none, and then a Double Saber will refill your TP for that precious resta a Hu or RaMar need. Using techs when pummelled is a distinctly BAD idea, though, as techs take a long time to be pulled off compared to a normal attack.

-ARIES-
Jul 10, 2003, 04:30 PM
I've started using Rafoie.. It kicks ass.. I also use Gibarta when a bunch of Delsabers are chasing me.
I just wail on Belras though.

But I've been using Resta, Anti, Shifta and Deband ever since I learned them, and I've started carrying 10 monofluids and 10 difluids for those long runs. I usually get a high PB charge and I don't want to return to the city right when I'm at 99% charge just to buy more expensive Difluids. I also use Mono- and Dimates for when I run out of TP and don't have any fluids.

-ARIES-
Jul 10, 2003, 04:32 PM
I round up 6 or 7 Dimenians, run around them to get them to clump together in a ball then unleash a Rafoie or two since it's an AOE technique and, on Normal mode, usually does 98 damage to Dimenians.

AxemPunanny
Jul 10, 2003, 04:55 PM
Ice techs are always good on gunners, but I've found fire techs are as good if not better. Lightning works well too.

I've always known there were a death and dark gunner and the different colors, but I never noticed which was which. I'd noticed all gunners stunned when u hit one, but I never actually took the time to check out why? I just tried to kill them as fast as I can, since I find them annoying.

Ketchup345
Jul 10, 2003, 05:16 PM
Being a ranger, i find dim series weapons to be extreamly useful if you have them, but if not just steal hp or tp.

-ARIES-
Jul 10, 2003, 06:20 PM
Against Boomas in Hard mode I find a Railgun +8 to be just right.

-ARIES-
Jul 10, 2003, 06:21 PM
It's got incredible range. I can hit a Rappy from such a distance that it doesn't know what hit it, and just runs off.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif