PDA

View Full Version : Damn You Time Computers!

Deathscythealpha
Jul 9, 2003, 04:08 PM
Bah, Time Computers have now gone on my list of people not to buy stuff off. I got a new PC about 2 months ago cause i decided it would be a hell of alot cheaper then upgrading my old one (i would have needed to change motherboard and pretty much eveything else if i upgraded to what i wanted). Time computers were doing a nice deal for about 800 pounds. I go in order the PC and find out that theres an extra 50 pounds delivery charge. Fair enough, at least it still cheaper then the upgrade i was planning.

4 weeks later by damn PC comes! I pay 50 pounds for 7 to 14 day delivery and it takes 4 weeks, i couldnt believe it.

Well thats not the end of the story, while trying to get the dvd writer working i install some software my dad has that decideds to kill both my dvd drives. I fix the lack of dvd drive problems (apperntly a driver conflict) but then find out 2 weeks later that the drivers for my CD/DVD copying program has corrupt and for some reason this wont let me install Nero to replace it. So into the box of paperwork and cds that came with my PC to try and find the recovery cd and get those drivers working.

Its not there!

I went into Time Computers today and asked about why my recovery cd wasnt there. Then they tell me that cause i didnt take out the super extra extra (whatecer) warrenty that would have cost another 100pounds that i dont get a recovery cd and have to pay out another 60 pounds for it, or as a special deal, get the extra warrenty for 100pounds.

They want to charge me extra for something that should have come with the damn PC! Its bad ebough that companies dont supply you with the Operating System CD's anymore, but when you have to pay out extra for the recovery cd thats meant to replace the Operating System CD it just makes me want to go out and beat things to death.

Now im sitting here trolling through crap trying to find something else to make my drivers work. I hate you Time Computers, and PC World for sellng me that dodgy software that corrupts everything.

Ness
Jul 9, 2003, 04:34 PM
Time makes computers?

Wewt
Jul 9, 2003, 04:52 PM
Time are a PC retailer in the UK. Yes, they fucking suck. They should not have charged you for the recovery CD, I would've thought.

Just try going to the manufacturers' websites of the drivers that you need. Most offer driver downloads.

Guntz348
Jul 9, 2003, 04:53 PM
On 2003-07-09 14:34, Ness wrote:
Time makes computers?

Pretty sure it's an EU company. He lives in GB and paid in pounds so it makes sence. You should check out Alien Ware computers, those things are nasty!

kat
Jul 9, 2003, 05:16 PM
I suppose it's to late to ship it back and get your money back? Did it come with any sort of limited warrenty for 90 days or two weeks or something? (or was even that an extra charge)

Micah
Jul 9, 2003, 06:45 PM
Time computers.. you mean computers to go through time? those always have problems.. but as for pounds? i dunno wtf those are. 100 pounds? i weigh 160 pounds, and i can bench 205 pounds. does that make any sence with computers?

on a note of saneness im half awake.. so ignore me

Vantamiath
Jul 9, 2003, 06:52 PM
On 2003-07-09 16:45, Micah wrote:
Time computers.. you mean computers to go through time? those always have problems.. but as for pounds? i dunno wtf those are. 100 pounds? i weigh 160 pounds, and i can bench 205 pounds. does that make any sence with computers?

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Logical2u
Jul 9, 2003, 07:14 PM
Yeah man, I know the feeling. Just last week, about 2 months after I installed it, Microsoft works decides to go and get a driver conflict error. Now it doesnt even work in safe mode, and I cant run any special programs like premade papers. Even reinstalling and unistalling and installing didnt work. It doesnt even work in Safe Mode, damnit!

Stupid time for it to crash, what with the Fanfic contest.

Guntz348
Jul 9, 2003, 07:26 PM
On 2003-07-09 16:45, Micah wrote:

on a note of saneness im half awake.. so ignore me

Ummmmm.... he means pounds as a form of currency. You see not every country in the world uses the "dollar". Great Britain uses the pound or the euro, France uses the franc(sp?), Japan uses the yen, Mexico uses the peso and so on.

Micah
Jul 9, 2003, 09:01 PM
whats this "currency" you talk about?

Wewt
Jul 9, 2003, 09:11 PM
France now use the Euro(€) <-- better not show a question mark.

If you're seriously asking what currency is, get off the computer, go to school, learn some more stuff then come back. Or, just watch the news.

Kid_Icarus
Jul 9, 2003, 10:22 PM
On 2003-07-09 19:11, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:
France now use the Euro(?) <-- better not show a question mark.

If you're seriously asking what currency is, get off the computer, go to school, learn some more stuff then come back. Or, just watch the news.

Can't use unicode on PHP based boards for some reason

ô ¬

Deathscythealpha
Jul 10, 2003, 08:46 AM
For those confused, Time is a company in the UK that makes and distributes computers (not very well though), i live in the UK so we use the pound as our currency, i wrote out the word pound cause you cant use the symbol on the PSOW Forums (££££ always question marks).

I may have found one way to sort out my problems, one of my Tutors at college told me that some of my CD/DVD copying programs may not be compatible with my DVD Rewriter and that i should try and get a newer version of Nero (apperently Nero 6 supports DVD Rewriters), so im going to do that later and hope it works. Or im fire bombing Time HQ.

rena-ko
Jul 10, 2003, 08:54 AM
hm, thats why custom build pcs are better then preset pieces of junk, even if they cost more...

(i in your case whould have got all necessary drivers, cleared the HDD and installed some reliable OS instead, that doesnt base on junk like a recovery disk...)

good luck though

Ness
Jul 10, 2003, 10:08 AM

Fance has always used the Euro also. Give the guy a break; you didn't even answer his question.

Currency = universal term for money.

Micah
Jul 10, 2003, 04:27 PM
On 2003-07-10 08:08, Ness wrote:

Fance has always used the Euro also. Give the guy a break; you didn't even answer his question.

TY, btw that night/day i wrote that i was a bit out of it.. as in half awake.. i get like that sometime.. really tired. typing strange words.. i think of a word like clue and start to type it and it comes out as slut.. and yes that did happen the day i posted that.. good thing i spell check. haha.

Wewt
Jul 12, 2003, 02:03 PM
On 2003-07-10 08:08, Ness wrote:

Fance(France*) has not always used the Euro. Learn some basic geography or catch up on some simple economics.

The Euro was only introduced a few years ago. France has many, many more years of history. So, unless they did an old style "I'll trade you my jacket for your wife" way of trading for the past few hundred years, then yeah, you're right. In this case, you are wrong. The Euro is new.

For those of you that want to know what the Euro sign looks like, it's like a C with 2 lines going horizontally through the middle.

Euro: stay the hell away from Britain.

* I know it was a typo, I believe you are smart enough to know how to spell it. "Fance" just sounded funny.

jediknight007
Jul 12, 2003, 08:35 PM
On 2003-07-10 06:54, rena-ko wrote:
hm, thats why custom build pcs are better then preset pieces of junk, even if they cost more...

(i in your case whould have got all necessary drivers, cleared the HDD and installed some reliable OS instead, that doesnt base on junk like a recovery disk...)

good luck though

I agree. I bought a Time computer about 3 years ago. It was an AMD K6-2 500Mhz, 64MB PC100 SDRAM, 17 inch monitor, 13GB ATA33 HDD, onboard ATi 8MB Rage Fury graphics etc for 1,000 pounds (come on PSOWorld, fix the Pounds Sterling problem please!) and although it was has served me well, Time did trick me. They said my graphics was AGP but then I found it was just onboard graphics and ran at AGP speeds.

Then a few months ago, I built my own PC and it cost me less than ?600 (ok! pounds then!) altogether. Although not the fastest in thems of specifications, it currently has an AMD Duron 1.3Ghz, 256MB PC2700 DDRRAM, 60GB ATA133 HDD, 17 inch flat monitor, GeForce 4 Ti4200 graphics with 64MB DDR. I'm well pleased...

You should have really had a look at some PC magazines. I wished that I had a look at some manufacturers such as Mesh, Evesham and Dell who make some excellent computers.

Speaking of currency, I'm glad that the UK isn't going to join the Euro. Sure, it might benefit a few companies who trade across Europe but it would cause too much chaos. Look at Germany (sorry rena-ko), they had a few problems with it at first. The Pound Sterling has to remain existant! It represents all things Great Britain and losing it would be like losing the Royal Family. I would find it difficult to adapt to Euro prices even though it's similar to that of Pound Sterling and it's just a bit higher. I have been to Ireland a few times and have to admit, the Euro was quite easy to use.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jediknight007 on 2003-07-12 18:41 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jediknight007 on 2003-07-12 18:44 ]</font>