PDA

View Full Version : Read carefully. Can you play multiple PSO GDs on the one DC?

Defend
Mar 17, 2001, 10:41 AM
If I enter the serial number of one US PSO in my DC, will I later be able to use another US PSO in that same DC (different VMU)? What with all the lockouts they use, this worries me.

Even if you can't have 2 online accounts on the once DC, can you at least have 1 online and 1 offline game going on one DC?

Thanks

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Defend on 2001-03-17 07:44 ]</font>

diospadre
Mar 17, 2001, 08:12 PM
yeah, but since you can have multiple chars per game, i dont know why you would get two copies

Defend
Mar 18, 2001, 08:07 AM
Ineed to do it for experiments.

Are you sure this is true? I want to test one PSO offline in my DC, then later play another copy online.

Shado
Mar 18, 2001, 08:35 AM
I can't say for sure how this will work for you, but I can share my experience.

But first, let me make perfectly clear that you can have multiple characters on one copy of PSO. You just need multiple VMU's.

Anyway, I imported PSO from Japan upon it's release there. And, just like it's U.S. counterpart, I was required to input the serial number # and access code. This was then saved to my DC's internal memory.

After it's U.S. release, I purchased a domestic copy of PSO, for two reasons. 1.) I'm a classic phanatic of the PS series, and it's a collection thing. 2.) Regardless of my efforts, I was unsuccessful at setting up my account for online play with my import copy.

HOWEVER....

Upon trying to get online for the first time with my domestic copy (and new character, on seperate VMU), I was thwarted. Serial numbers & access codes weren't jivin', and I had to reset my DC's internal memory.

Now, a side note, in learning that I had to reset the memory, from Sega, I also needed an entirely new access code & serial #. What does this mean? A.) My difficulties were not with previous import information on my DC, but with the piracy of my codes by an unscrupulous individual. or B.) My attempt to use a second set of codes (according to my DC's memory) corrupted my domestic codes, and required a reissuing. I don't know.

Good luck!

DaHumAn
Mar 18, 2001, 09:12 AM
u can use other copies on your dreamcast since the only difference is the access key and serial numbers but you will not be able to use chars from say another dreamcast save. if youve created and played on a friend's dc then you cant use that char on yours.

Defend
Mar 18, 2001, 02:22 PM
Shado.. did you reset the memory before or after Sega told you to? Also, did you use the local codes in any session when the DC had connected?

So either your codes were hacked, or you had to reset the me so only 1 set of codes could be in at one time, or both.

Well, how did you reset the internal memory??

Shado
Mar 19, 2001, 12:19 AM
Defend,

I reset my internal memory after Sega had told me to. It requires resetting up you intenet setting and everything, so before you try anything like it, make sure you have the port numbers and everything handy.

Reseting the internal memory requires putting you original browser in your DC (not any of the updated versions from ODCM), turning on the power & holding A & X (I think) through the entire boot-up. You'll have to reenter the time settings and everything from there.

As for the codes, I attempted to use the original codes that came with my domestic PSO again after resetting the internal memory, but to no avail. The new codes that Sega gave me were the only ones that would work.

Hope that helps.

Defend
Mar 19, 2001, 09:59 AM
oK thank you. I will simply reset my internal memory before using a second disc.

MsFortune
Mar 19, 2001, 12:41 PM
why is it called a GD when it is obviously a CD??? maybe CGD who have been better, but then it sounds too much like CJD (mad cows disease)???

Defend
Mar 19, 2001, 02:00 PM
It is not a CD. It is about twice as dense, with an inner collar of normal CD density. Physically different to a CD, CD drives can not read anything past the inner collar.

diospadre
Mar 19, 2001, 04:36 PM
if youre gonna reset your internal memory, youre gonna lose your original character.

Defend
Mar 19, 2001, 05:13 PM
Yeh.. so we still need to know if it is possible to run 2 PSOs on the one DC without resetting the memory. I don't think it is, and trying it could stuff up the new one, as Shado suggested. But I seriously doubt that's possible, he probably just got a hacke dcode.

diospadre
Mar 19, 2001, 05:53 PM
as long as you never ever try to go online with the second (offline) character youll be fine