PDA

View Full Version : GBA VS GBA PLAYER

Vantamiath
Jul 9, 2003, 07:17 PM
Well, my birthday is coming up on the 19th, and I think one of these two things is what I'm asking for...

Which one should I go with?

(P.S...is PS collection good?)

Getintothegame
Jul 9, 2003, 07:22 PM
Go for the player, but if you like going places, get the GBA...

Also, PS colection is OK.

Ness
Jul 9, 2003, 07:55 PM
I would say go for the player because you get to play your games on the big screen.

RavenTW
Jul 9, 2003, 08:19 PM
Big screen = big pixels = choppy-looking characters. Unless you're worried about battery life, take the GBA. And not the SP, the light is the only thing that's worth the extra money, and it's not worth the extra $30. The portability is good, and you can plug in headphones in case people don't wanna listen to the audio of your games. Beleive me, I've seen GBA games on big screens, and sometimes SNES graphics can look better. So yeah, take the GBA.

Saladwood
Jul 9, 2003, 09:29 PM
Get a GBA SP, and if you can't get that get the GBA player. if your parents complain about the price of the GBA SP, say the rechargable factor will pay for itself in battery costs in no time.

GnomeSlayer
Jul 9, 2003, 09:58 PM
Ask specifically for the SP - trust me, the internal light alone is worth buying. I've owned the regular GBA, and I ended up selling it (made $15!) because it was hard to play since everything was so dark. There's a lot of strain to move it around to get good light, I really didn't like it.

Nerd
Jul 10, 2003, 01:08 AM
I'd say get the SP, the regular gameboy advance seems totally worthless next to SP, nearly unplayable in my eyes.

I sold my gba to buy the player, and im happy with the player, though as stated previously the animation seems choppy, in addition it looks slightly fuzzy, and if you make it fullscreen, VERY fuzzy.

But, i still love the player, thought i ALSO look forward to getting an SP sometime in the future.

I'd say SP!

Vantamiath
Jul 10, 2003, 01:22 AM
Thanks all for the advice.

I think I'll go for the SP.

gamerdell7
Jul 10, 2003, 01:50 AM
I heard that the Sp wont Fit in your hands depending on the size of your hands(I heard an employee say that in EB.)

Saladwood
Jul 10, 2003, 02:49 AM
On 2003-07-09 23:50, gamerdell7 wrote:
I heard that the Sp wont Fit in your hands depending on the size of your hands(I heard an employee say that in EB.)

you have to have freakisly huge hands for it to be a problem.

monkeyfist
Jul 10, 2003, 09:50 PM
they're both great but the sp does look sharper. and don't listen to what people say. it fits great in your hands. sp is if you want to go portable, player is if you want it on a big screen and to use a gc controller. both good. btw, pso collection is good if you don't care about graphics. ps I is very short, and only a few weapons, ps II is better, but slightly confusing battles, ps III completely lost me but you fight plenty of rag rappys (called chirpers) and takes place in the medieval future (if that makes any sense). ps III's battles make no sense at all. and of course everybody loves socks!!!

gamerdell7
Jul 10, 2003, 10:19 PM
how are the battles like in PSC?
Is Phantasy star 1 First person in battle?
What about 2? and 3?

Vanango
Jul 12, 2003, 02:11 AM
you should purchase the warrenty if you get the SP. At least if you plan on using it heavily.

I can't believe working in retail has tainted my brain like this, but since it is an internal light it will eventually die and Nintendo won't fix it. If you purchase a warrenty from a store... they will.

I'm going to weep now.

RavenTW
Jul 12, 2003, 07:41 AM
On 2003-07-10 20:19, gamerdell7 wrote:
how are the battles like in PSC?
Is Phantasy star 1 First person in battle?
What about 2? and 3?

1 and 3 are first person. 2 is third person.