PDA

View Full Version : What if PSO were patch update-able

FluxGryphon
Jul 9, 2003, 07:26 PM
This could be a long thread...

Everyone knows there are countless glitches and minor errors that need to be fixed. But what if Phantasy Star Online was a game like NeverWinter Nights where improvements would come in later patches? Would there be new classes, added skills and techs, additions to the chat interface, new offline quests and potential development to the story? With everything, of course, comes the potential for even greater errors, but at least with patches there would also be hope for solutions.

What could realistically be changed and added/removed?

Sedyne
Jul 9, 2003, 07:31 PM
Technically, Xbox can -_-

FluxGryphon
Jul 9, 2003, 07:45 PM
But it hasn't yet? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Last_Survivor
Jul 9, 2003, 07:49 PM
Somewhere I heard there has already been a patch released for the xbox version in order to stop offline duping.

Shoryu
Jul 9, 2003, 08:27 PM
offline and online duping - it won't let you sign onto psox without downloading the patch.

rena-ko
Jul 10, 2003, 07:10 AM
for gameplay...

1. its pretty much balanced out, so another character class or even a new tech or weapon would have to be really well thought.

2. it would easily extend the size of a 59' memcard (i mean the remaining space when you have all pso-files on it as well). and you'll have to take the least size in count for that. as well as the official statement that xbox and cube version will be treated the same with content.

3. a patch that works also offline would actually require some sort of programmed interface. and this would open the gameplay for hacked patches as well.
(although its unlikely... encoded like the chara file etc...)

so you could rule out patches for this version, i guess...
but then again its just my 2 euro-cents...

FluxGryphon
Jul 10, 2003, 07:12 PM
That pretty much cinches the plausibility of actually having patches for a console version...If only there were a special PSO for PC. I like the GC version better than the little bit I played of the DC version, and the current PC version is pretty much the same as the DC.

Maybe all I'd like is a sci-fi futuristic world building interface like NWN so you can make your own game like PSO, but add your own characters and story. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Yeah, thaz it.

jediknight007
Jul 10, 2003, 07:15 PM
On 2003-07-10 05:10, rena-ko wrote:
for gameplay...

1. its pretty much balanced out, so another character class or even a new tech or weapon would have to be really well thought.

2. it would easily extend the size of a 59' memcard (i mean the remaining space when you have all pso-files on it as well). and you'll have to take the least size in count for that. as well as the official statement that xbox and cube version will be treated the same with content.

3. a patch that works also offline would actually require some sort of programmed interface. and this would open the gameplay for hacked patches as well.
(although its unlikely... encoded like the chara file etc...)

so you could rule out patches for this version, i guess...
but then again its just my 2 euro-cents...

I was thinking of the same thing as well. Patches mean hacks. Now, we don't want these hackers to spoil our game do we?

FluxGryphon
Jul 10, 2003, 07:25 PM
Haven't they already done that? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

jediknight007
Jul 10, 2003, 07:39 PM
On 2003-07-10 17:25, FluxGryphon wrote:
Haven't they already done that? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

For the PC, yes, but I dunno about the GC. Sometimes I wished that I could cheat and get the rare weapons but then that would ruin the game. Finally on Ultimate with my Level 62 HUmar so I can't really say anything now!

AzNrarehunter
Jul 10, 2003, 08:08 PM
it's hackapalooza in psox. people got items that weren't supposed to be released yet, like ragol ring. the patch to stop online offline duping is one part. and completly mass duping. it still occurs with that action replay. ban that device and gameshark. it doesn't help them win, it helps tham make anything and f a game up

Jkid
Jul 10, 2003, 09:11 PM
If somethig would've been added,it would be a a sort a game filter that you can alter so you can find games more easily. Something that's sorely need because in the version I'm playing (PSOX) has a HUGE lack of EP2 games.