PDA

View Full Version : Why?

Voodoochild
Jul 9, 2003, 07:45 PM
Why is almost every one in some sort of a clan.Can't they just enjoy the game without calling ppl fuckers and stuff like that?

Bit
Jul 9, 2003, 08:14 PM
Sadly, There are people out there who play the game just to annoy people, and just to get on everyone's bad side. These people have no care for other human emotion, and only want to satisfy their own selfish needs.

If you couldn't tell, they make me sick.

umbrella
Jul 9, 2003, 08:18 PM
I'm not in a clan http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kenshin008
Jul 9, 2003, 09:02 PM
That's because you haven't had ur GC for like 3 weeks and a half.

ginko990
Jul 9, 2003, 09:18 PM
On 2003-07-09 19:02, Kenshin008 wrote:

Console game clans are extremely stupid.

Infested_Madcat
Jul 9, 2003, 09:22 PM
to bad they dont play battle mode. that way we could kick there sorry asses.

NodMan
Jul 10, 2003, 01:52 AM
On 2003-07-09 19:18, ginko990 wrote:

On 2003-07-09 19:02, Kenshin008 wrote:

Console game clans are extremely stupid.

I agree I enjoy playing online with my GC, XBox, and PS2 but the communities on them are nothing compared to the PC ones; and if you are looking for a clan type game for you PC pick up Planet Side I sure me and my clan with knock the fire out of you! (If you have look for my clan Knights of the Old Republic.)

straw182
Jul 10, 2003, 02:08 AM
heh planetside rules, even though I don't have it yet. oh well, I will soon....

and to go back on topic it makes them feel better about themselves when the put someone down, and when they join the clan that means they've been accepted....or something I don't know. Maybe they join clans cause the don't have any online buddies or something. But, seriously clans on PSO are dumb unless you have battles against other clans. well that's at least what I think....

P.S. spam rules http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/spam.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: straw182 on 2003-07-10 00:09 ]</font>

HaLLa
Jul 10, 2003, 02:20 AM
clans arent bad...

say you wanna play with legit players only so you join a legit clan...also some have themes

they arent all bad

silvermax
Jul 10, 2003, 02:31 AM
Counter strike is for clans, i know a few really cool ones,

ive never heard of a Console game clans.... i guess

Micah
Jul 10, 2003, 12:01 PM
personaly i think clans are ---. for people who want to feel accepted in life.. you know, like groupys in schools.. goths, punks, jocks, preps.. all posers who want to feel accepted in life so they join with others like them, its mainly because they are insecure and cant handle being a loner, but hey, we are all friggin loners. there is no 2 of us exactly the same, we are all unique. im getting off topic arent i.. someone should slap me. ok.. back on topic. to me, clans = ---. but then again... ive been banned from many servers for saying stuff like "i dont like clans" and "no i wont join your little kids club" ect. ive also been banned for kicking ass so hard it made the server admins on CS and TFC look like n00bs, haha. oh well, at least we all know whos better in the end. wait im getting off topic again. ahh.. now im just ranting on about stuff. clans are like a family thing, but most you see are nothing but little acceptance groups.. like i want to be cool can i be in your club? and you dont want to be the only kid not in a club, so you just join to be accpeted in the game.. which is lame.. me and clanners go way back with fights ect. we never get along. real clans have a family bond.. they look out for eachother and show respect to those not in a clan.. seen few of those. other types of clans are n00bs. they will kick someone out of thier clan over something lame. and they have no respect for anyone if your not in thier little group thingy. i say they are all --- and need to be shot. clans usually are messes. like relationships.. hell even right now im helping a girl with her relationship problems.. and you know whats sad? i do this all the freaking time, and ive never been in one myself.. now thats ironic.. F#$k im getting off topic again. ok, im stoping right here.

on an edited note.. i have no clue what this fourm topic is about.. so you guys should just ignore everything i said here. except for that kicking ass so hard on tfc and cs the admins banned me, because that is 100% true. i even have proof if i could get a picture on here somehow. and seriously, im on a crappy computer with 56k connection.. we are talking serious gaming skill here. because i never hack or cheat.

*edit by Abdur*
Stop using the word gay as an insultive descriptor! >=|

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2003-07-10 14:21 ]</font>

Micah
Jul 10, 2003, 11:27 PM
ok ok, jeez, i will use the word 'lame' instead.

umbrella
Jul 10, 2003, 11:31 PM
*edit by Abdur*
Stop using the word gay as an insultive descriptor! >=|
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2003-07-10 14:21 ]</font>

Sadly, that's what it's used for these days.

ShadowJedi
Jul 11, 2003, 03:30 PM
Clans are worthless on PSO, since a lone player can beat anything.

And yes, usage of that word as an insult is sad, about as sad as PSO clans are.

And aren't single-word replies classified as spam?
Is spam deleted by admins/mods?
Is this spam?

Logical2u
Jul 11, 2003, 06:17 PM
Clans are designed/joined because either they:
1. Have a common interest. (legit, duper, PKing people...)
2.Know each other personally (like my guild, Logical, which is tranfered from Starcraft:BW, which my Friends play.).
3. Want to be accepted.
Not all clans are 'Evil', and not all clansmembers are 'Spam-a-holics'.

ShadowJedi
Jul 11, 2003, 06:24 PM
Those are the only clans "outsiders" notice.

Monomate
Jul 11, 2003, 07:14 PM
ya know if ya think about it...PSOW is one big giant clan...we're all members, and we all play PSO, making us a big family on one organized site...a uh...forum clan as it were...(?)

umbrella
Jul 11, 2003, 07:25 PM
yeah but some are rogues..
others groupies...
others n00bs..
others gods...
it just wouldn't work out a one big clan..
usually clans are very specific..
besides.. it's TOO big..

FinalHell
Jul 12, 2003, 01:24 AM
Clans... clan 187 wanted me to join in theres. Hurley187 wanted me to join his that is. I refused the offer but i checked out the site any wayz. But... Pso isnt made for clans. If ur clan is too big... how are u all able to play together in 1 room?? answer that question for me and maybe I'll re-consider about this whole clan thing. (wow i never used a big word before)

umbrella
Jul 12, 2003, 01:27 AM
there's not much to 're-consider' because a clan of that mag-ni-tude wouldn't work.

VampTurialim
Jul 12, 2003, 10:09 AM
On 2003-07-09 17:45, Voodoochild wrote:
Why is almost every one in some sort of a clan.Can't they just enjoy the game without calling ppl fuckers and stuff like that?

I am the founder of the X Box clan the UK Slayers. We do not go around calling people names, we are a friendly clan, we actually go around helping begginers and low levelers. I actually take offence in that comment.

Squall8VIII
Jul 12, 2003, 01:17 PM
Clans are stupid! They NEVER last!! Isn't "clan" the word for a family in China or something? Meh...anyways.. Most "clans" or "guilds" are...well...evil. (they use cheats, call themselves 1337 H4X0rz!!!!11, act stupid, and have poor spelling.) However... I have seen a few good "clans" that focus on playing the game the right way, and also helping people make friends online. But like I said...most clans never last more than a month or so. :/

VampTurialim
Jul 13, 2003, 10:18 AM
My clan is gonna last longer, 'cos we're not just on PSO. We're are also on Unreal, and soon to be True Fantasy...

RubyEclipse
Jul 13, 2003, 10:33 AM
On 2003-07-12 11:17, Squall8VIII wrote:
Clans are stupid! They NEVER last!! Isn't "clan" the word for a family in China or something?
[quote]

(As taken from Merriam Webster) "Clan: A clique; a sect, society, or body of persons; esp., a body of persons united by some common interest or pursuit; -- sometimes used contemptuously."

[quote]
Meh...anyways.. Most "clans" or "guilds" are...well...evil. (they use cheats, call themselves 1337 H4X0rz!!!!11, act stupid, and have poor spelling.)

I think you are generalizing much more than you should. I myself lead a clan, and our original intent (on DC) was to try and help prevent hacks. We helped new players, and everyone aided somebody if he/she got NOLed, VKed, etc. We would never attempt to ruin somebody elses playing experience. And, for the record, most of us have a fine vocabulary.
[quote]
However... I have seen a few good "clans" that focus on playing the game the right way, and also helping people make friends online. But like I said...most clans never last more than a month or so. :/
[quote]

Well, thank you for at least saying that. However, and this may sound surprising, but our clan will be hitting its 2 year birthday soon.

Again, let me just say that I would not generalize that clans are all horrible and "stupid" just because you see a single clan that fits that description. That's like saying that since a lady killed a guy, that all ladies kill guys. (Not to say that isn't entirely true,--erm uh..)

So please, try and remain open to the possibility that not all clans are "evil".

Also, if anyone would like to, my clan does BA(Team Rule 1, mainly)with other clans, but just for fun, and if anyone is up for it we would be more than happy to play a round or two with you. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

--Ruby Eclipse