PDA

View Full Version : What would cause this....

ImStillBetterThanU
Jul 9, 2003, 11:47 PM
My friend has been experiencing stomach pains for about 5 days now. She says it feels like a slight punch coming from inside her stomach. The pain is on the sides and a little below the chest. Since she is stubborn and won't go see a doctor, she has no way of finding out what is wrong. She thinks there is an alien inside her waiting to hatch....lol. Well, does anyone have any idea what it could be?

Dangerous55
Jul 9, 2003, 11:59 PM
Pendicitis maybe. I spelt that wrong but oh well.

ImStillBetterThanU
Jul 10, 2003, 12:03 AM
Hmm, I'm not sure of that. That is what I initially suspected it to be. Any other guesses?

Sciler
Jul 10, 2003, 12:21 AM
Im really not meaning to be a smart ass, but could it be bad gas? maybe shes constipated...and Im being serious it could be something as simple as that, but it could be more serious and having something to do with her pancreas, if its right below her chest, then its too high from what I could tell to be appendicitis.

is that her only symptom? just the pain or are there fevers, sore throat, fatigue, etc?

Nerd
Jul 10, 2003, 12:21 AM
uh..premenstrual cramping?? Is this a trick question??

edit: haha, didn't read the part about 'slightly below the chest' sorry...

i say poke her with a stick and the the answer you will find..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nerd on 2003-07-09 22:22 ]</font>

Nerd
Jul 10, 2003, 12:23 AM
My goodness, Golden Oldies appearing from left and right...

hiya Sciler *drool*

ImStillBetterThanU
Jul 10, 2003, 12:57 AM
Well, Sciler, that is really her only main symptom. She's always tired, no matter what..lol, then again aren't we all. I thought it was her premenstrual cramps as well, but they started about 3-4 days after her period ended. I guess that rules out pregnancy though, thank god. Could she possibly be pregnant? Heh, and poking her with a stick doesn't work, I've tried, she just yells at me.... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

pixelate
Jul 10, 2003, 01:11 AM
The obvious question: did she get knocked up?

And: who's she banging?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pixelate on 2003-07-09 23:12 ]</font>

Nerd
Jul 10, 2003, 01:16 AM
*stares at imstillbetterthanu*

ImStillBetterThanU
Jul 10, 2003, 10:57 AM
Haha, nooooo, not me. But yea, she has a boyfriend and everything, so it's always a possibility. Even though, I don't think those are symptoms of pregnancy, considering she just had her period, she could only be about...1 and a half weeks pregnant, I think thats too early for any sever pains, especially since it started about 5 days after her period.

ABDUR101
Jul 10, 2003, 12:14 PM
...*jerks hand in air*

I wanna play Doctor tooo!

I say she had too many chili dogs...or did too many excercises..or got drop kicked by a horse =O

Seriously, if it's a concern, she should goto the doctor to be sure. If it's causing noticable pain and lasting more than a day, why would'nt you goto the doctor?

Ness
Jul 10, 2003, 12:48 PM
It may be an ulser(sp?) or two. In that case, she will have to get a perscription.

LollipopLolita
Jul 10, 2003, 01:10 PM
can she eat or does she throw up?

Vantamiath
Jul 10, 2003, 01:18 PM
Blindfold her and tell her your taking her someplace very special.

Break it to her easy when shes standing in the hospital waiting room.

ImStillBetterThanU
Jul 10, 2003, 01:56 PM
Haha, she refuses to go to the doctor. She HATES almost anyone with a PhD....lol. It very well could be an ulcer. I think we've come up with every even remotely possible explanation for her discomfort. As long as she isn't pregnant or dying I think I'll be fine....lol.

ImStillBetterThanU
Jul 10, 2003, 01:57 PM
Oh, and Lolita, she says she sometimes got nauseas(sp?) but she never actually vomited. Apparently now her stomach feels fine, but it will probably come back. Whatever is wrong with her is very persistent.

Jehosaphaty
Jul 10, 2003, 06:32 PM
boy is that scary. i had a friend with almost the same symtoms ur describing. he had the stomach pains, and was tired as well. i think he had his apendix and maybe a kidney? taken out, but nothing ever seemed to help. he woke up one day like 10 days before christmas, and was fine. he was like that for seriously a year. stumped the doctors and everything. i suppose i could find out more, if shes in a lot of pain no?

Guntz348
Jul 10, 2003, 06:42 PM
Ok I had this exact same thing for like two weeks. I think it was just a stomach bug in the end, but I had to go to the doctor and get meds for it. He said it maybe an ulcer but its most likely a virus or gastritis. It ended up being a virus I think, but I was on meds to stop my stomach from making acid and also on compazine to control the nausia and dizzyness. Every time I ate I'd get really dizzy and nausous and like want to throw up, I'd be hanging over the toilet and trying to throw up but nothing would come up. It was hell.

If it persists for a week or so, I'd really force her to see a doctor because it could be an ulcer, my doc really thought it was an ulcer but I'm ok now, so I geuss it wasnt. Either that or the anti acid medicine stopped it long enough so my stomach could heal.

jediknight007
Jul 10, 2003, 07:04 PM
Did she go to the toilet often? She might have just eaten something bad. What's her diet like? Does she take exercise? And any of it strenuous? And since when did she start getting nauseous?

Kasera
Jul 10, 2003, 08:03 PM
On 2003-07-10 11:57, ImStillBetterThanU wrote:
Oh, and Lolita, she says she sometimes got nauseas(sp?) but she never actually vomited. Apparently now her stomach feels fine, but it will probably come back. Whatever is wrong with her is very persistent.

Ulcer and or bleeding ulcer would be my guess. My dad had something similar and almost bled to death because of it. It was one of those happens over time things where it goes away and comes back so it's a possibility.

LollipopLolita
Jul 10, 2003, 08:10 PM
if it's a sharp pain, it's ulcer. if she waits to eat a lot or doens't eat frequently and throws up, gastritis

umbrella
Jul 10, 2003, 08:15 PM
ahh this doesn't sound good..
I don't have much advice but I hope she'll be ok..
good luck.

Sai-Yuk
Jul 10, 2003, 09:45 PM
On 2003-07-10 11:56, ImStillBetterThanU wrote:
As long as she isn't pregnant or dying I think I'll be fine....lol.

is there something you didn't tell us, after saying she has a boyfriend already?

is she sleeping enough, or drinking heavily?

i often wake up with stomach cramps when i've slept too little and/or had something to drink the night before.

ImStillBetterThanU
Jul 10, 2003, 10:28 PM
Well, yes she has a boyfriend and they are sexually active. BUT, her period ended about June 30th, and yes, they had sex about 2 days later from what I hear, then about 2 days later her stomach started to hurt. I doubt the sex had anything to do with it, and besides, from what I hear from her, her stomach is alright now. But, it might start again soon, and I'm curious as to what it is/was. Thank you everyone for your suggestions, keep 'em coming.

Enyalis_Cho
Jul 11, 2003, 06:47 PM
I'm no expert or anything, but it does sound like an ulcer. I get those when I get too stressed out, and her symptoms sound just like mine. I also agree with everyone who suggests that if her symptoms return she should see a doctor. If she throws a fit, tell her to just get over it.

ImStillBetterThanU
Jul 12, 2003, 10:58 PM
Well, her sypmtoms did return, and now she's concerned that shes.....dun dun dun....pregnant. I highly doubt it is. When she drinks tea or goes to the bathroom etc. etc., it feels better for a little, if she was pregnant, I don't think the pains would go away that easily. For reassurance, do you think she is pregnant? Pleeease tell me no....lol. Thank you all for being so polite and helpful as well. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Delsaber
Jul 12, 2003, 11:06 PM
Maybe appendix problems. My little bro had off and on paints on both sides of this torso. His appendix could have bust, releasing poison into his system which would have probably killed him.

Enyalis_Cho
Jul 13, 2003, 01:02 AM
If she's afraid she might be pregnant, she could always try one of those take home tests. It can't hurt.

Guile
Jul 13, 2003, 01:08 AM
Trick her! Tell her your gonna take her to disneyland but really take her to the doctor..it works everytime!

When I got stomach probs, I go to the bathroom.
Tell her that

Captain_Dude
Jul 13, 2003, 01:17 AM
Irritable Bowel Syndrome is a possibility I haven't seen mentioned. I know a couple'a people who've suffered with it. And it can be a real bugger.

Tenran
Jul 13, 2003, 05:40 PM
f it's a persisting condition, I's suggest taking her to a doctor regardless of how she feels about them. She could be endangering her own life otherwise.

I really doubt that it's pregnancy symptoms so soon after her period, so it's likely to be something else.