PDA

View Full Version : Back ups are dupes, but still fair.

YukiHu
Jul 10, 2003, 01:05 AM
I don't see what the huge fuss is about this whole duping thing honestly. I mean, I know there are those out there who dupe and dupe and just give out to people and that's why you see so many black king bars or sealed j's out there, but there are a few dupers who do it for themselves to ensure that they won't lose all their items in case of FSOD or corruption.

It's not fair to us who get lumped into this stupid category of being dupers who spread rares and blah blah blah. I dupe to back up my legit stuff. Nothing is wrong with that. If you do, then tell me how you can live through corruption, lose everything you worked so hard for, and not wish it was backed up somewhere? If you can say honestly, that after a huge corruption (I'm not talking like 100 hours of gameplay lost, I'm talking hundreds to thousands) you can play on with no remorse and no wishes of making back ups yourself or even quitting PSO alltogether, then you're pretty brave cuz I couldn't ever do it.. and not many can.

Point I'm trying to get across is.. duping itself isn't a bad thing.. its the people who make it bad or good.

Now shall I be prepared to hear the cry of the legits?

Nall
Jul 10, 2003, 08:35 PM
thats exactly what i did. i duped all my stuff and gave it to a different memory card and i corrupted that very night so i was very lucky i did it when i did.

YukiHu
Jul 11, 2003, 03:47 AM
Yeah lucky.. I was up til about 5 in the morning the night before I corrupted completing challenge mode. I finally got my s-rank and lucky me, I moved it over to my back up memory card for safe keeping. Less than 12 hours later, my card corrupted due to a transformer in my neighborhood blowing up while I was playing. Needless to say... I was barely a bu-ei for more than half a day before I lost it all.

Micah
Jul 13, 2003, 09:02 PM
i think thats the knifes edge.. from right or wrong.. to cheat by duping, or to dupe to save yourself? honeslty i think sega needs a backup system to save from corruption itself. but since they refuse to do anything about it so far i belive its our right to defend ourselves from the mistakes left in the game by sega. but if you cross that line.. like giving people your copied stuff. thats cheating.. but if its for back up purposes only. i will let it blow by. so should sega.. unless they have a backup idea of thier own to prevent corruption loss of stuff. there would be no need for duping ever.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Micah on 2003-07-13 19:08 ]</font>

ZoA
Jul 16, 2003, 11:20 AM
IT really depends on who you are, and what you believe.

"Am I gonna go around giving out free rares and dupe like a crazy man? Or am I going to back up my files and make sure I don't loose them, like how I shouldn,t even loose them in the 1st place, because corruption and my game freezing istn supposed to happen."

I think the USB is fair for people that use it the right way, and for people that use it as a saver, and not a duping card.

PsoFanatic90
Jul 16, 2003, 11:52 AM
i think duping is dumb and stupid but only because not all people use duping to save their character and items. personally i havent gotten down the duping trick yet but, thats a different story. i have worked my a$$ off for what little noob items i have. photon claw flowens x2 etc.. but seriously who gives a crap about dupes an dstuff whats it doing to the person not duping?
i also agree sega needs to fix the bugs or release a fixed version of pso. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ryo_Hayasa
Jul 16, 2003, 05:25 PM
you types of dupings aren't grouped most people are upset with the mass dupers that duplicate items for their own personal gain.
those of you that dup for yourself as a insurance, i see nothing wrong with that as long as you keep them to yourself. i myself thought about it but, heck the duping methond is EVERYWHERE now, but eh i never really get around to it, i don't think i'm going to corrupt tomarrow or anything.

java
Jul 16, 2003, 10:07 PM
i duped before but i got reall board of not trying to find rares and stuff. i think its ok to dupe to backup but i disagree on people giving rares left and right. now im legit and i love it, it brings me to the good old days and some of the the bad.if u dont like me heres a pic of a chicken click on the link because i dont know how to put pics on the forums

java
Jul 16, 2003, 10:08 PM
http://www.nemmelheim.de/kaiko/honeybee/images/chickan.gif

Jehosaphaty
Jul 16, 2003, 10:13 PM
i guess whatever floats ur boat. to me duping=cheating. theres really no way around the fact, though im sure many could argue otherwise. i guess coruption is just a risk you take, and how u deal with the possibility is up to you.

and on a side note...this looks like yuki from gametalk. im assuming u r the one and the same?

RoninJoku
Jul 17, 2003, 05:59 PM
if its just for yourself so you have a backup... then I have no problems with it and im legit... Actually I really have no problem with you even if you spread the dupes... its really not my place to make up your minds...