PDA

View Full Version : XBox: Live?

Triones
Jul 10, 2003, 01:21 AM
Do I need to have LIVE to play PSO offline?

NodMan
Jul 10, 2003, 01:26 AM
NO! But don't get it for XBox get it for GC it so much better! Almost all the Items expect for the new ones on DCver.2 and PC and much better Offline play! Trust me I had them both and I got so fed up with XBox not being able to read my characters off my Memcard that I returned it and got Brut Force(now that is a fun game)!

Merek
Jul 10, 2003, 01:30 AM
yes actually you do need XBL to play PSO, i dont know what your talking about memorycard problems, why use the memorycard when it has a HDD? plus with PSOX its all broadband so you have no one slowing the servers and theirs the best feature for the game, using your voice to talk to people makes the game more fun then using shortcuts and those quick sentences crap. plus PSOX just got patched from all the online duping going around, now the only people who can dupe are people with action replays but theirs still the Hacker problem and if you want to play legit, go to the xbox.com forums and theres a couple of legit clans with alot of people

NodMan
Jul 10, 2003, 01:40 AM
On 2003-07-09 23:30, Merek wrote:
yes actually you do need XBL to play PSO, i dont know what your talking about memorycard problems, why use the memorycard when it has a HDD? plus with PSOX its all broadband so you have no one slowing the servers and theirs the best feature for the game, using your voice to talk to people makes the game more fun then using shortcuts and those quick sentences crap. plus PSOX just got patched from all the online duping going around, now the only people who can dupe are people with action replays but theirs still the Hacker problem and if you want to play legit, go to the xbox.com forums and theres a couple of legit clans with alot of people

I didn't have XBox Live and I played offline and you can only have soo many characters on the XBox HardDrive.
(I hate XBox but I got mine for free so hey that is ok by me!)

Saladwood
Jul 10, 2003, 01:48 AM
A lot of conflicting information, but according to the game packaging and microsoft and sega AND the way the game is set up, you DO need an Xbox live account.

I really don't see how you can get the game to work without Live on an Xbox, since when you create your characters it goes by your Xbox live account.

You get 12 character slots to save per live slot, and there's actually at least 4 xbox live slots when you load up the game so maybe you can get up to 48 characters. You can also xfer your character to a memory card to take to a friends house for split screen play. So, for me, the GC having memory cards to save your characters has no real advantage over Xbox. In fact, you can save more dummy characters to save your items on Xbox than one GC memory card (only 4 characters per card), plus you don't have to pay for a memory card or additionalyl memory cards to save your your items.

balh blah blah

NodMan
Jul 10, 2003, 02:00 AM
I don't know either just went to Sega's site and look at the specs of the game but all I care about is I didn't need one.

By the way did I say how much I hate XBox? If I didn't then I just did! Why you may ask the Devil and Bill Gates are one in the same. That little bastard buys all these third party game devoplers and makes all their upcoming games XBox only. That fag I want to strangle his little neck for that! The new Conkers Bad Fur Day and Perfect Dark Zero where suppose to be on GC. And that asshole also makes Windows the worst OS for the PC I have ever seen to all of you out there who have Windows switch over to Lynix it is soo much better and it is FREE and it also uses your PC resources better!

K9999
Jul 10, 2003, 04:47 AM
On 2003-07-09 23:26, NodMan wrote:
NO! But don't get it for XBox get it for GC it so much better! Almost all the Items expect for the new ones on DCver.2 and PC and much better Offline play! Trust me I had them both and I got so fed up with XBox not being able to read my characters off my Memcard that I returned it and got Brut Force(now that is a fun game)!

Shut up you fanboy scum. XBOX not reading characters off your mem card?? THE CHARACTERS ARE ON THE HARDDRIVE. MAYBE DONT PUT THEM ON A MEMCARD. YES YOU DO NEED AN XBL ACCOUNT BUT YOU CAN JUST BORROW A FRIENDS FOR OFFLINE PLAY.

EDIT: For language.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rbf2000 on 2003-07-12 14:15 ]</font>

Trowa12BOT
Jul 10, 2003, 05:20 AM
On 2003-07-10 00:00, NodMan wrote:
Why you may ask the Devil and Bill Gates are one in the same. That little bastard buys all these third party game devoplers and makes all their upcoming games XBox only. That fag I want to strangle his little neck for that! The new Conkers Bad Fur Day and Perfect Dark Zero where suppose to be on GC.
Isnt Sony and Nintendo the same? There not going to make mario for XBOX, or Final Fantasy 10 for XBOX. And who cares if he buys game titles. I personaly want to see Dreamcast games come out for a better system then the NGC or PS2.

If Windows os was so "bad" as you discribe it, he wouldn't make it anymore. But guess what, Its still on the market so shut up.

BTW, you need an XBL acount to play at all but it doesnt have to be online.(You do have to create the acount online) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Trowa12BOT on 2003-07-10 03:25 ]</font>

EndGame
Jul 10, 2003, 05:26 AM
I may be wrong, but I'm pretty certain that you must have a Live account to even create a character in PSOX, regardless of whether you play online or not. That's why the file that contains all you characters is named the same as your gamertag. For those of you who say you don't need a Live account, what is the name on the four files that come up right after you press the Start button?

Mazarin
Jul 10, 2003, 06:03 AM
http://showcase.netins.net/web/flexia/fanboy1a.jpg

InajaD
Jul 10, 2003, 10:54 PM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaait a second.!! i thought i was in the PSOW, not a forum about windows X linux..!! hmmmmmmmm better check my link....

Wufei
Jul 10, 2003, 11:36 PM
I play PSO X offline at the moment, but I HAD to sign up for Xbox Live at a friend's house beforehand. PSO X won't even let you look at the start screen if you don't have an Xbox Live account on your Xbox.

Edit: You don't need to have your Xbox connected to the internet in order to play offline once you have an account on your Xbox. It doesn't need to connect to the Live servers or anything.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wufei on 2003-07-10 21:50 ]</font>

AxemPunanny
Jul 10, 2003, 11:48 PM
Back to the topic. You indeed need an Xbox Live account to even play offline, which sux IMO, but oh well. I wanted to play the game that badly. I missed it, since I hadn't played it since the DC days. Now I got it for Xbox AND GCN. so bleh on the fanboy talk. Interesting how someone says they hate something yet say they play a game on it and actually like it, and it's made by the same company. Anyways...

As Saladwood said, you can have 12 chars per save file. There is 4 possible save files, so that's possible chars on one HD. And you can save a char on a memory card to take it to another save file, BUT you have to make sure you bring back that char to the original save file, or you won't save the progress you made for sure(this I know for sure). I'm not quite sure if you can take that char in the memory card to another Xbox (probably); I haven't read the online manual on Xbox's website.

Merek
Jul 11, 2003, 01:33 AM
LOL i like CG fabnoys *cough*sheep*cough* he dosnt even know what hes talking about, Nintendo sold thiers shares of Rare to MS, thats Nintendo's fault. oh and do you know how much i hate CG LOL come on dude dont be a freakin Fanboy about it holy crap. anway back to the topic i would deff go with XBL since also your not limited to 1 game like the GC to play online, XBL awsome features are also well worth it.

Wufei
Jul 11, 2003, 12:41 PM
Golly, I sure do love these flame wars!

Do I need to have LIVE to play PSO offline?
YES. That's the only word this thread needed. So stop it with the stupid insults already.

Jkid
Jul 11, 2003, 02:17 PM
Besides,if you already have an Xbox Live account, it's really an non-issue.

Besides the game was ment to be played online,ONLY!

rbf2000
Jul 12, 2003, 04:04 PM
Question answered.

Let's keep things on topic.