PDA

View Full Version : Progress in finding the gene flow

Weaponslash
Jul 10, 2003, 09:33 AM
I myself with an Oran Humar have exactly:55 failed attemptions of obtaining this item from olga flow (ult).Schould i continue or look for anything else?

Nayofy
Jul 10, 2003, 09:40 AM
Are u using a red handgun? thats the only way to u can kill him with it for the olga gene flow. or i think with any red weapon to kill him. so all i know is that u need to kill him with a red handgun. and he may drop the gene flow.

Weaponslash
Jul 10, 2003, 09:50 AM
Well i damage him with other weapons i have (legit all you know)and then i try to finish him with some of the red weapons i have

Weaponslash
Jul 10, 2003, 10:04 AM
Mind people that i do this offline and not online where someone can dupe it for me

Dbc
Jul 10, 2003, 10:24 AM
I thought you had to use the red weapon the whole time to get the gene flow

AppieDPC
Jul 10, 2003, 10:27 AM
Perhaps it's online only cause the 1 JPN dude that found it on Oran was playin an Oran game online http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
(or so i heared)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AppieDPC on 2003-07-10 08:34 ]</font>

or4c13
Jul 10, 2003, 08:03 PM
On 2003-07-10 07:33, Weaponslash wrote:
I myself with an Oran Humar have exactly:55 failed attemptions of obtaining this item from olga flow (ult).Schould i continue or look for anything else?

It depends how bad you want it. I was fortunate enough to get mine after 15-20 runs with some friends online. That took me almost three weeks to look for one item. So I made my Dark Bridge and I can proudly say it's one of the few legit ones in the game.

You do not need to kill Olga Flow with a red weapon. You do not need to go see Flowens after killing him either. I saw the red box in his death animation and it was right in the middle of the arena. I am Oran and this was on the Xbox version.

Weaponslash
Jul 11, 2003, 12:57 PM
Thanks or4c13 providing you are telling the truth (no offence) i will anyway keep looking for it in the gc version

or4c13
Jul 11, 2003, 02:18 PM
On 2003-07-11 10:57, Weaponslash wrote:
Thanks or4c13 providing you are telling the truth (no offence) i will anyway keep looking for it in the gc version

It's cool...nobody believes me except for the three friends I was playing with. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Foxx-
Jul 11, 2003, 08:49 PM
So far, it would seem that you just get lucky in finding the box.

Whether it appears in any difficulty in any mode, or just in ult multi (on/offline) remains to be proven.
I believe a while ago it was mentioned that a Flow DNA was picked up in very hard, but it's hard to say.
Perhaps the drop rate on it relatively increases as the difficulty goes up?

The best method is persistence, as it is with any rare you want to find.

Blood-Rayne
Jul 11, 2003, 09:46 PM
2 questions
1.) Heard you needed to get all the RED weapons in your inventory nad organize them to spell something with the letter carvings. True? or False?
2.) Maybe GC and X-Box are different in that of the conditions needed to find Flow's DNA. True? or False?

hypn0t1c
Jul 11, 2003, 11:38 PM
I think all the red weapon stuff is just BS rumors. There's nothing else in the game that requires that you kill it with a certain weapon, and I doubt that a mob even knows exactly what weapon kills it, it would be pretty hard to code that. Reminds me of the "secret cow level" BS in the first Diablo. Rumors and lies.

Night_Star
Jul 12, 2003, 12:51 AM
so can you get in GC?
if so, what IDs?
cause im pinkal and although ive only killed him 3 times, i didnt get it, its not like im really looking for it right now, i would just like to know how to get it.

Soukosa
Jul 12, 2003, 01:38 AM
On 2003-07-11 21:38, hypn0t1c wrote:
I think all the red weapon stuff is just BS rumors. There's nothing else in the game that requires that you kill it with a certain weapon, and I doubt that a mob even knows exactly what weapon kills it, it would be pretty hard to code that. Reminds me of the "secret cow level" BS in the first Diablo. Rumors and lies.

Olga Flow is the final boss for Ep 2. It would be quite easy for them to add in something special like that.

Weaponslash
Jul 12, 2003, 12:40 PM
Anyway for the record so far i have 58 dead olga flows