PDA

View Full Version : The pointlessness of it all...

Obscenity
Jul 10, 2003, 10:36 AM
I've posted in this forum a grand total of uh...4 times, I think. But I've been reading here for a while, and here in Cheaters in particular. I've come to a conclusion: The vast majority of you anti-dupers are idiots. The endless whining about the PSO "economy", and boo frigging hoo the totally kickass weapon you just found is somehow less kickass due to the fact that everyone else has it. Am I the only person that this strikes as a little more than mildly retarded? Poor you and your pathetic online video game existence. Get over it, losers. It's a GAME, remember? If it really bothers you that much, don't play. It's that simple. Just admit that the reason it bothers you is all in your head, because duping affects the way you play not one iota. I don't see any dupers flaming you dumbasses for having so little a social life that you have nothing better to do than play PSO for 12 hours a day looking for some insignificant bits of binary data. Maybe you should try duping so you have time to actually try making some REAL accomplishments as opposed to sinking countless hours into a video game for whatever strange sense of pride you get out of being dumb enough to walk around the same levels endlessly, and fight the same enemies repeatedly just so you can say "I FOUND THIS ALL BY MYSELF AND THAT MEANS SOMETHING IN MY PATHETIC LIFE!". Live and let live. Maybe when you're adults, you'll understand.

Tenton
Jul 10, 2003, 11:56 AM
I do agree with u at the point that there is no PSO ECNOMIC. Most of the players in pso simply trade for what they need, there is no fixed price on items(unless u want to sell ur rare for 10M.. i wont stop u^.^). Therefore dupe or hack can not effect pso ecnomic since there is no pso ecnomic.

In other hand, I do need to say that not most of legit player care that much of hack or dupe(i dont mind dupe, but i dont like hack...weird). And Hackers dont have a easier life then legit players(the way u put it make me think u belive this is true..). U have any idea how hard it is to hack?? Its not like u just go find code on web and enter it, hackers are those who find those code in the game itself. To find a useful(or just usable) code take days of work. And worst of all, no one settle for a few codes, there is always those lazy ass ask u for codes that seems to be a lot of work...again and agan and again...hackers want to play games too u know??

Also, not all duper or hacker see PSO just a game. I once asked a duper why u dupe, he answered he dupe because he dont want to loss everything to FSOD. If its just a game, why the hell will he care to loss everything in a "game"?? I m legit, althou i do know how to dupe(how to not know??), the first time i get FSOD i accually laugh out and tell my gf"see!! this is the legendery FSOD"(of cousre she dont know what am i talking about).

Ya~~~but it is true that some of the legit palyers like to flame other players, just because they own 1 or 2 dupe or hack item......headache~~~~

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tenton on 2003-07-10 09:58 ]</font>

Obscenity
Jul 10, 2003, 11:59 AM
You'll notice that I made no mention of hacking whatsoever in my original post.

Obscenity
Jul 10, 2003, 12:05 PM
And just for the record, I don't dupe. I don't even know how. But if someone wants to give me a cool weapon, I'm not going to say no. And I played the DC version for well over 300 hours, and it was all offline. I did my share of running around like an idiot and hoping that the ???SPECIAL WEAPON I just picked up wasn't another VARISTA or DB's SABER. I derive no pleasure from it. I just want to hang out with cool people and play with different weapons and junk.

Tenton
Jul 10, 2003, 12:30 PM
On 2003-07-10 10:05, Obscenity wrote:
And just for the record, I don't dupe. I don't even know how. But if someone wants to give me a cool weapon, I'm not going to say no. And I played the DC version for well over 300 hours, and it was all offline. I did my share of running around like an idiot and hoping that the ???SPECIAL WEAPON I just picked up wasn't another VARISTA or DB's SABER. I derive no pleasure from it. I just want to hang out with cool people and play with different weapons and junk.

I just mention the Hackers cause too many people like to flame them too(i like to flame those who dont know how to hack but ask for hack code again and again and again^.^) And i didnt say u dupe...i dont care u dupe or not, its all personal choice. And i do agree that if someone want to give u a good weapon, sure u dont have to say no. U think i like to use bullet cruch from hard to ULT?? hell no>.< people only do that when they get no choice.

Nall
Jul 10, 2003, 05:55 PM
from something one of you said earlier about people not having a life and that game is everything to them, i am kinda like that. yes i dupe incase of fsod or corruption. the first time i corrupted, i was indeed sad because i just thought about all the time wasted on that character. and yes, i dont have a life. i honestly dont mind if people say i dont have a life. sure i have friends, but many of them are like me and dont have a life either. i live in a boring little town where everybody knows everybody so yes PSO (online that is) is very important to me. i get to talk and converse with people from different places and make new friends. go ahead a laugh at me and make jokes about how much of a loser i may be. i dont care. but if you just sit there at a computer all day and make fun of how people you read about have no lives, then you must have no life either. i am not directing this towards and one or group of people.

shadgenki
Jul 11, 2003, 09:36 AM
I agree! Hear hear!

Obscenity
Jul 11, 2003, 09:48 AM
If you're going to sit there and get bent all out of shape over an aspect of a video game that doesn't affect you at all, then you deserve to be made fun of. And if it does affect you, that's nobody's fault but your own.

martian_man
Jul 11, 2003, 09:49 AM
i dont like the person who made this post http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

martian_man
Jul 11, 2003, 09:52 AM
this website is for pso players there obviouly gonna celebrate wen they got summit good its for PSO players and not for people who abuse PSO players so go 2 an abusin website or summit

CivX
Jul 11, 2003, 09:55 AM
On 2003-07-11 07:52, martian_man wrote:
this website is for pso players there obviouly gonna celebrate wen they got summit good its for PSO players and not for people who abuse PSO players so go 2 an abusin website or summit

Wow, my brain exploded trying to understand what you just typed.

Anyway, we just need to STOP talking about dupes and acting like there are 2 sides to all of this. You either play PSO the way you want to or you don't play at all.

Obscenity
Jul 11, 2003, 09:59 AM
I'm not being abusive. I'm stating my opinion. The anti-dupers are more abusive than anyone else on here.

Zuljin
Jul 12, 2003, 12:23 PM
So you're defending lazy people that just dupe because they don't have the time to look for rares, but they do have the time to spend hours on end making fake items ? And they pay to do this as well. With the time they put into duping, and finding more ways to dupe, they could have found whatever item they were looking for the old fashioned way: Playing the game, and actually getting their $10 a month outta the game.

The section IDs give certain rares. You pick the ID you want, level up, then get your item. Wow, was that hard ? Was finding an item you want the hard way satisfying ?

It isn't logical to dupe, its a waste of time and money. When EVERYONE can find whatever rare they want, what is the point ?

Obscenity
Jul 12, 2003, 12:53 PM
Like I said before, the point for me is to meet cool new people and getting to use different weapons. Actually looking for them is no fun. I spent enough time looking when I played the DC version.

Fujikuro
Jul 12, 2003, 05:20 PM
Actually I wouldn't really call dupers lazy in the first place, some duper told me what they have to do and it sounds like a bitch to deal with. But to be honest if Sega can't fix a glitch that allows duping, whos fault is that? I mean the whole concept of duping was probably fixed up by some guy who wasn't the slightest bit "lazy" and just wanted to make back ups like most people do incase of corruption. I mean, I really don't have a problem with the dupers online because there isn't one god damn thing I can do to stop them and I don't intend to try. Now if you don't like them then don't stick around with them, go to another lobby or, like someone previously said, don't waster your 10 precious dollars and only play offline. Because I guarntee you that until Sega finds a way to stop duping no one is going to get rid of it.

Thats my opinion...I dunno maybe I should go find some paded walls or something.

SlashEdgewind
Jul 12, 2003, 05:42 PM
if there's anything that has no point.. it would be coming to this section of the forums, because all it is, is people going on about how bad duping or hacking is, or dupers and hackers defending other dupers and hackers, or people who just say PLAY THE FREAKING GAME! the third set of people I agree with, besides if dupers and hackers pay to play online, don't complain about the way they play.. it's their money, and yes they do have an easier time because they could just borrow somebodies kickass weapon for just a minute and then they own one as well, same with armor and junk.. or they could just hack it all. Frankly I don't care what they do, although I think there's no real point in cheating, they can do what they wanna do... prolly the main reason hackers do what they do is because they're bored.. anywho I'm done ranting..

Slash

ShadowJedi
Jul 12, 2003, 06:26 PM
Today, I played 3 games of PSO, all called something along the name of "normal legit" or "ruins normal".
Well, at first everything is fine, 1-2 others come and we go through the levels, everyone gets exp.
Then someone comes with an Über MAG and Super weps, killing everything before we get a SINGLE hit, stealing all EXP and making the whole thing a waste of time, so at the third time I just left.

That's my reason for only using duplicated items OFFline, to NOT ruin the game for legits.
Yes I use dupes, but not so that others are affected by it, and only til' I beat V.Hard again. (%#/"ing corruption....) -_-'

Nall
Jul 12, 2003, 06:38 PM
and i suppose you think that all dupers that play online with their dupes and dupe online are like that. well you're saddly mistaken. i know many dupers who are not like that, including myself.

backlash
Jul 12, 2003, 07:29 PM
On 2003-07-12 10:23, Zuljin wrote:
So you're defending lazy people that just dupe because they don't have the time to look for rares, but they do have the time to spend hours on end making fake items ? And they pay to do this as well. With the time they put into duping, and finding more ways to dupe, they could have found whatever item they were looking for the old fashioned way: Playing the game, and actually getting their $10 a month outta the game.

The section IDs give certain rares. You pick the ID you want, level up, then get your item. Wow, was that hard ? Was finding an item you want the hard way satisfying ?

It isn't logical to dupe, its a waste of time and money. When EVERYONE can find whatever rare they want, what is the point ?

Now I have a problem with this "logic"

I can have the item I want/need inside of an hour when I played online....

can you start a new char, level the guy up "legitly", get into Ultimate, *and* find the weapon/item you wanted/needed faster than that?

Not to mention dupe it and have it on all my chars that could use/need the item. So if I have 3 chars I play, one of each class, I could have 3 of the item I wanted/needed in an hour or so (including the 10 minutes to dupe 2 copies and a backup on a mule char... and go offline and hand them out to the mule and other chars.)

Waste of my time? sorry, not so.

I don't have a modded Xbox, And now that ST stopped the NPC dupe process with a patch I canceled my 2 month FREE hunters licence and now only play offline, never downloaded the patch so I can still dupe at will.
It was never my intention to PAY to play a game every month, thats just stupid. I was only going to play the 2 free months online, get as many items as I could, then cancel the 2 months free licence, and continue to play offline. If the game was at all fun. (which it's really not.)

So the 3 weeks that I was online getting free items and was shown how to dupe, all for free, was fun.
Never could someone legitimatly gain that many items to use later in the char development in the same amount of time.

I just don't have the time to *waste* every day playing a GAME. It's no fun when you play a game 1-2 hours a week and still have crap, the game gets boring, and gets returned or sold. The way I played PSO, it got a hell of a lot more life out of the mediocre game that it is/was. there is nothing, absolutely nothing, that is special to PSO that cannot be found in other FREE games.

I say this about all games: Play the game how it suits you. If that means cheating.. so be it.
Granted that cheating online against other non-cheating players is unfair. that I would never do.

but playing a game online where I have a "duped" item that allows the party to go faster through the "dungeons" and does not adversely effect the rest of the party... so what.

in the normal playing of the game, a single char can't harm another char. it is not posible. so there is no harm, no foul. just a bunch of whiners complaining that they can't do that...

and to agree with another here. what PSO economy???http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Ponder.gif

ask around enough and someone will give you the item you need, or trade you the item for cheap to help you out. the only economy I ever seen online was with the shops...

Fenos
Jul 12, 2003, 10:18 PM
There is such thing as an Economy in an Online RPG with Rares and stuff. . Duping has severely fucked the PSO Economy (XBox) Like Take Tsumikiri-J-Swords 12 Star Item there supposed to be one of the rarest therefore worth a lot right? Wrong thanks to duping it is one of the most common Rares in the game. I believe a DB Sabre is more are than a Tsumikiri J-Sword. Same with Heavens Punisher and Dark Flows those were duped to death therefore just about everybody has one and just about everybody would turn down those items. 10 and 11 Star Items are the Rarest items in the game instead of the 12 star Items that is what an Economy is you Uneducated gamers http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

Due to this butchering of the Economy Legit players find themeselves at a disadvantage because they didnt dupe themeselves 100's of power and defence and evasion materials to use for there character therefore they cannot kill monsters as fast or even get a hit on a monster maybe. Why? Because duping has made it so that there in any other situation super rare Items arent rare at all. Like take the Musashi and Yamatos in the XBox version of the game. When i started i remember that it was something to have a pair of Musashi's let a lone a pair of Yamatos now its just hey I got these Musashi's on cause Im a low level character and cant wear my real good items now.

Hacked Items now then its the hacked items while not the Economic killers that duped items were. . still shouldnt be in the game. Whats the fun of having 800 ATP at level 5 cause you have a 4 slot armor with 4 Al Rappy's?? No fun at all infact its quite boring. Its like i walk into a room I attack once with my Sword that i picked up off the ground that does 300 damage on a regular and kill everything. Then its the Hacked weapons Sange & Yasha+30 100/100/100/100 hhhmm. . . Entertaining to watch not fun to compete with. When you have to have a competition with somebody thats supposed to be on your team just so you can get your fair share of experience something should go off in your head that hey maybe these things are FUCKIN UP THE GAME!

So to the person who started the thread Shame on you for trying to Flame people who are just trying to keep a good game good. And to the people who agree Shame on you for not knowing how these type of games are supposed to work.

Have a good day all.

RubyEclipse
Jul 12, 2003, 11:46 PM
Ok, now before I present my arguement let me just say that I can tend to get carried away on certain topics, but I will attempt to control myself as best I can. And with Fuji the chao peeking over my shoulder and whispering into my ear what to type, I should have a very strong case. Here we go..

On 2003-07-10 08:36, Obscenity wrote:
I've posted in this forum a grand total of uh...4 times, I think. But I've been reading here for a while, and here in Cheaters in particular. I've come to a conclusion: The vast majority of you anti-dupers are idiots.

Oh, that was nice. I enjoy being called an Idiot, as I'm sure many others do, thanks!

The endless whining about the PSO "economy", and boo frigging hoo the totally kickass weapon you just found is somehow less kickass due to the fact that everyone else has it. Am I the only person that this strikes as a little more than mildly retarded? Poor you and your pathetic online video game existence. Get over it, losers.

Hmm, I would respect you more if tried to present facts and didn't just call us all "losers".

Now on the economy subject. If you want to call it that, go ahead, but it's quite a stretched form of the word "economy". However, it was(maybe still is) real, mainly when everyone was "legit."

Then of course dupes came, and everyone's hard earned rares became nothing but dust in the wind. Once super hard to get Asuka's became about as common as a DB's Saber.

It's a GAME, remember? If it really bothers you that much, don't play.

I find this line funny because you tell us not to let it bother us, yet you went and made an entire thread about the topic! XD

It's that simple. Just admit that the reason it bothers you is all in your head, because duping affects the way you play not one iota.

Ever heard of the double save? Why don't you re-word that and try again?

I don't see any dupers flaming you dumbasses for having so little a social life that you have nothing better to do than play PSO for 12 hours a day looking for some insignificant bits of binary data.

No, we get much more of a kick out of people like you who try to flame us. Ah, and again you use a derogatory word. "Dumbasses." Keep em coming!

Also, I would just like to say that your "dupes" that you ramble on about are the same "insignificant" bits of "binary data" that you refer to. Just thought you should know.

Maybe you should try duping so you have time to actually try making some REAL accomplishments as opposed to sinking countless hours into a video game for whatever strange sense of pride you get out of being dumb enough to walk around the same levels endlessly, and fight the same enemies repeatedly just so you can say "I FOUND THIS ALL BY MYSELF AND THAT MEANS SOMETHING IN MY PATHETIC LIFE!". Live and let live. Maybe when you're adults, you'll understand.

Woah, was that all just three sentences?! *re-reads* Yep.

Ok..I would never consider cheating an "accomplishment" in a game. I would consider unlocking a character because I got a perfect on a stage, or becasue I got all 7 emeralds and 50 rings, but cheating doesn't give me any sense of pride at all.

In fact, I would feel emfeebled; I mean hey, cheating is commonly associated with people who aren't good enough to do stuff the way it was intended, so they have to cheat to win.

No, being a cheater is definetly not something I would want to call myself.

However that's not the way all cheaters are. I may touch back on this later. Moving right along...

When we're adults, maybe we will understand?

The only thing that strikes me funny about this is that the post you made seems to have been made by a three year old. Hm... doesn't make a whole lot of sense, now does it?

Alright, I'll stop there. I had a tough time constraining myself http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

--Ruby Eclipse

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RubyEclipse on 2003-07-12 21:50 ]</font>

RubyEclipse
Jul 13, 2003, 12:06 AM
Ok, and next on the chopping block we have: Backlash.

On 2003-07-12 17:29, backlash wrote:

Now I have a problem with this "logic"

I can have the item I want/need inside of an hour when I played online....

can you start a new char, level the guy up "legitly", get into Ultimate, *and* find the weapon/item you wanted/needed faster than that?

Uh, I would have to say NO!! But, if you want the item that badly, well it all depends. If you want a Tsumikiri J Sword or a BKB, then you can get one easily. But the not so duped stuff can be a problem, and you may spend a lot of time trying to find one. In certain cases, longer than it would take you to find/make it.

However, getting a char into ult? Well, let us just hope it doesn't take that long.

I don't have a modded Xbox, And now that ST stopped the NPC dupe process with a patch I canceled my 2 month FREE hunters licence and now only play offline, never downloaded the patch so I can still dupe at will.

You do realize you have limited yourself to the irony that you will now have to use only what you already have or what you FIND YOURSELF! Yeah you can dupe at will, but its gonna be the same stuff, over and over, and over, and over, and over...

It was never my intention to PAY to play a game every month, thats just stupid. I was only going to play the 2 free months online, get as many items as I could, then cancel the 2 months free licence, and continue to play offline. If the game was at all fun. (which it's really not.)

Ok, thats your opinion, and we all have different ones it seems (looking at this topic).

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but maybe the reason you aren't having fun with pso is because you're too caught up with your dupes to realize that the true point of pso: *drumroll please*

IS TO MEET OTHER PEOPLE! The entire concept of Pso is TEAMWORK! When you make friends online, then you have a reason to come back, and it becomes fun. Do it for the "dupes" and you will soon find yourself bored out of your mind.

and to agree with another here. what PSO economy???http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Ponder.gif

This is why you never noticed it:

So the 3 weeks that I was online..

See my point?

I just don't have the time to *waste* every day playing a GAME.

Yet you play pso. Wow, that was sure an oxymoron, now wasn't it? And I will add in the fact that you have an Xbox, so I belive that you do intend to play games. Or you just wanted a DVD player http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

It's no fun when you play a game 1-2 hours a week and still have crap, the game gets boring, and gets returned or sold. The way I played PSO, it got a hell of a lot more life out of the mediocre game that it is/was. there is nothing, absolutely nothing, that is special to PSO that cannot be found in other FREE games.

I would like for you to find me FREE online games that include:

Battle Mode (Team and Free for all)

Challenge mode

Customizeable Weapons (Sranks)

12 Basic Character types to choose from, each with countless possible looks.

That's just a few, but I'm sure you'll have you work cut out for you. You asked for it.

I say this about all games: Play the game how it suits you. If that means cheating.. so be it.
Granted that cheating online against other non-cheating players is unfair. that I would never do.

Ah, well at least we have something we can agree on!

but playing a game online where I have a "duped" item that allows the party to go faster through the "dungeons" and does not adversely effect the rest of the party... so what.

Dreamcast. Spread Needle. 180% on 3 categories. Hm... (Only DC players will understand that one)

in the normal playing of the game, a single char can't harm another char. it is not posible. so there is no harm, no foul. just a bunch of whiners complaining that they can't do that...

Wrong again, I'm afraid. Hard-Ultimate Falz, final form. When he takes in a teammates image, attacking him WILL damage and possibly kill your teammate. And then we have BA, but you did say normal playing, so I won't go there.

Ok, well that was fun! Who's next?

Omegar
Jul 13, 2003, 12:49 AM
Zuljin Posted: 2003-07-12 10:23
-----------------------------------------------------

Hello Zuljin nice to meet you. How are you doing? Me? Not too good now that I have seen your post. My first big beef with you is where you call us dupers lazy. I want you to stay up all night with the n00bs and corruptions taking requests and doing a very monotinous and repitive action over and over just because you like to hear a thank you from someone that you just made very happy and come tell me how lazy we are(not including the next day in the REAL world, im totally bedfast for hours, lol).

Next is where you call the dupes fakes, first person to show me an iregularity in the coding of duped wep, item, etc. that marks it as a fake I will shut my big fat mouth. From what i read if the item was a fake it would be deleted by the server when you log on because of repititive serial numbers that sonic team implemented to stop duping, alot of good that did. The shop dupe method some how gives the duped item a seperate serial number than its counterpart so it is not deleted. Thus nobody can really prove that that item is trully "Fake".

Also, thought it was more like a $8-9 fee a month? Oh well, lol.

Finally, I like Star Trek and all but who died and made you Mr. Spock? It isn't logical to dupe? Omfg are you a demented trekkie or just trying to sound smart? My guess is the latter, and it aint workin. Yes im southern and dont rant on me because of the way I talk. Until next time folks, no hard feelings Zuljin.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Omegar on 2003-07-12 22:53 ]</font>

Omegar
Jul 13, 2003, 12:59 AM
RubyEclipse Posted
-----------------------------------------------------
Ok, well that was fun! Who's next?

I am I am!

RuneLateralus
Jul 13, 2003, 01:09 AM
Well, this is already going far. Next personal shot will get this thread locked.

Omegar
Jul 13, 2003, 01:10 AM
Roger, sorry.

RuneLateralus
Jul 13, 2003, 01:13 AM
On 2003-07-12 23:13, backlash wrote:
going through your dribble is worthless....

but one thing that you I guess found Ironic... your guilty of, and the first poster WAS correct.

ask yourself this, whats the second thread STUCK at the top of this forum?

I'll clue you in.... it's a WARNING to CHEATERS, DUPERS, HACKERS NOT to post...

Right up front the anti-whatevers make them selves be heard. but like I said to each their own.

I only have to name one game that can have EVERYTHING that PSO has.... Diablo 2.

Customizable weapons...
multiplayer fun...
Oh yeah and FREE..... Top that PSO. a game that is what, 4+ years old? and makes you PAY to play? I think not.

Ok so you win on the talking part... But the hell is up with the fricken DELAY in PSO when you talk? annoying as hell....

SOF.
MM3
i'll stop there with the 2 I play now, and not even go into PC games... like Counterstrike.... has everything but customizable weapons... Or did you not think that far ahead?

And NO I never really had that much fun playing PSO online during the 3 weeks.

As I said before..... When I got the FREE rental of the game, and started the FREE trial hunters licence I made a point to play every fricken day... to get the full FREE use of the game... I did buy the game(used, someone else got bored with it...) after getting so much free stuff.
I was always getting killed, never could stand alone ever... And a few great players helped me out, they were tired of reviving me every 3 minutes. If it were not for the duping, or those that gave me stuff... the FREE rental would have been the ONLY time I played this game. period.

when the FREE rental was up... I thought I need to keep playing so I can have fun in single player later.

I played for 3 weeks straight, almost every night, ONLY PSO... it was getting boring, but I had to keep getting the free stuff so I could play later offline...

now that the patch has been released, and have played maybe twice since then... I DON'T MISS THE GAME. If I did, I would not have cancelled the 2 month free licence early, or cared that I can't dupe again.

Now 6 months down the road, IF I decide to play PSO, I can. with good items.

And yes I have about 80% of the items available on the xbox version.(according to this site anyways) more than enough to have fun with. there are a few items I would still like to get, but it don't bother me if I don't get them.

as for the "normal game" comment... that meant normal multiplayer COOPERATIVE aspect of PSO.

The only reason I come back to THIS thread... notice only THIS thread?... Is to see if there are any new ways to dupe or get items... I could care less about the rest of the site beyond marking what Items I have or want still. Or how to create a better force or something.

Hoinestly I have not even played PSO in a week. It's collecting dust. I'll blow off the cobwebs when some of my other games get dull.

Same happened with Baldur's gate. I rented it, loved it, a week later bought it, and never played it... had it for 6 months before I opened it up to play it again. played it awhile, and guess what? it's collecting dust again.

MotoGP 2 and MM3 get all my free time any more. Both a hell of a lot more fun.

And neither of them have a 3 second LAG when you talk.... or have lobbies with annoying a-holes blaring what they call "music" into their Live mic... and it takes you forever to figure out which one it is to MUTE.

The only online "RPG" that I want to play now is SW galaxies... but at $15 a month?!?!?!?! I will pass.

I don't pay to play a game online... beyond Live that is. thats ALL i'm willing to pay. that was one big selling point to live.

But in closing, I would NEVER have played PSO beyond the 5 day FREE rental if it were not for the items I was given free.

Maybe there was an economy between you legit players that traded items for possible dupes because you yourself could NOT find the item you wanted/needed...

But I never seen one. only between the shops.

*sigh*

Nice to know you listened.

backlash
Jul 13, 2003, 01:13 AM
going through your dribble is worthless....

but one thing that you I guess found Ironic... your guilty of, and the first poster WAS correct.

ask yourself this, whats the second thread STUCK at the top of this forum?

I'll clue you in.... it's a WARNING to CHEATERS, DUPERS, HACKERS NOT to post...

Right up front the anti-whatevers make them selves be heard. but like I said to each their own.

I only have to name one game that can have EVERYTHING that PSO has.... Diablo 2.

Customizable weapons...
multiplayer fun...
Oh yeah and FREE..... Top that PSO. a game that is what, 4+ years old? and makes you PAY to play? I think not.

Ok so you win on the talking part... But the hell is up with the fricken DELAY in PSO when you talk? annoying as hell....

SOF.
MM3
i'll stop there with the 2 I play now, and not even go into PC games... like Counterstrike.... has everything but customizable weapons... Or did you not think that far ahead?

And NO I never really had that much fun playing PSO online during the 3 weeks.

As I said before..... When I got the FREE rental of the game, and started the FREE trial hunters licence I made a point to play every fricken day... to get the full FREE use of the game... I did buy the game(used, someone else got bored with it...) after getting so much free stuff.
I was always getting killed, never could stand alone ever... And a few great players helped me out, they were tired of reviving me every 3 minutes. If it were not for the duping, or those that gave me stuff... the FREE rental would have been the ONLY time I played this game. period.

when the FREE rental was up... I thought I need to keep playing so I can have fun in single player later.

I played for 3 weeks straight, almost every night, ONLY PSO... it was getting boring, but I had to keep getting the free stuff so I could play later offline...

now that the patch has been released, and have played maybe twice since then... I DON'T MISS THE GAME. If I did, I would not have cancelled the 2 month free licence early, or cared that I can't dupe again.

Now 6 months down the road, IF I decide to play PSO, I can. with good items.

And yes I have about 80% of the items available on the xbox version.(according to this site anyways) more than enough to have fun with. there are a few items I would still like to get, but it don't bother me if I don't get them.

as for the "normal game" comment... that meant normal multiplayer COOPERATIVE aspect of PSO.

The only reason I come back to THIS thread... notice only THIS thread?... Is to see if there are any new ways to dupe or get items... I could care less about the rest of the site beyond marking what Items I have or want still. Or how to create a better force or something.

Hoinestly I have not even played PSO in a week. It's collecting dust. I'll blow off the cobwebs when some of my other games get dull.

Same happened with Baldur's gate. I rented it, loved it, a week later bought it, and never played it... had it for 6 months before I opened it up to play it again. played it awhile, and guess what? it's collecting dust again.

MotoGP 2 and MM3 get all my free time any more. Both a hell of a lot more fun.

And neither of them have a 3 second LAG when you talk.... or have lobbies with annoying a-holes blaring what they call "music" into their Live mic... and it takes you forever to figure out which one it is to MUTE.

The only online "RPG" that I want to play now is SW galaxies... but at $15 a month?!?!?!?! I will pass.

I don't pay to play a game online... beyond Live that is. thats ALL i'm willing to pay. that was one big selling point to live.

But in closing, I would NEVER have played PSO beyond the 5 day FREE rental if it were not for the items I was given free.

Maybe there was an economy between you legit players that traded items for possible dupes because you yourself could NOT find the item you wanted/needed...

But I never seen one. only between the shops.